Texting and sending mixed signals

sbgm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Met this girl the other week, we ended up at the same table in a cafe and hit it off pretty good, we hugged and exchanged phone #s and afterwards I texted her and she texted back that it was "awesome to meet you the other day!" I txted back, wanna go on a date tomorrow? and hasn't heard back since. Any advice in this situation?

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No benefit will come from chasing the response. You just wait it out. If it takes her a while to respond then take a while too, longer even. If she had a high interest level she would get back to you quickly. She may just have needed the attention injection. Wait and see mate; nothing you can do.

sbgm

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right parkthebus, waiting is the only thing. It's just so hard to be in suspense about this cause I really liked this girl and want to know if I should just forget her. This has happened to me before, I met a girl at a bar, later asked her out and no response. After a week however I got a text from her asking if I wanted to party.. Just struggling to comprehend why some girls do this... But waiting is the way to go

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For you're own sense of self, begin the search for another. Genuine knowledge that you have other good soil to be fertalizing will make you care a lot less about this girl. It's one think to think "plenty more fish in the sea"; but its all together different to FEEL it. Confidence and overall happiness come from emotions, not rationale.

sbgm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, very very good point...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally find that women take time to "think" after you invite them out on a date via text. There are times where I've had to wait 24 hours for a response. NEVER push for an answer. Throw the ball in her court and let her figure it out for herself. I usually get an affirmative response.

Remember, it has nothing to do with her IL being too low. All women have a very volatile IL at the beginning of any relationship. They need to "sort through their feelings" or figure out how to handle the other guys who are wanting to fvck her. Eventually she may feel guilty for making you wait too long and agree to your offer.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You asked her out she has to respond. You have to wait for this, if she ignores your invite, you miss read her interest level... move on. This is why I NEVER ask out a woman over text. Call her up and ask her in person, you'll get your answer then and there no waiting around for her to respond.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might've acted too hastily I think.

Maybe taken the time to get to know her a lil over text, before saying hey lets meet up.

But then that's me, some DJs may use a different approach.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1, You asked her out the very next day after meeting her which signals neediness.
2. You told her to go on a 'date' with you, which signals you want to marry her and have children. lol.
3. She has a dozen other guys to choose from.

Do not text her again unless she replies. Text her again if you want to confirm you're desperate.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Here's the deal: You have no control over the outcome. The ball is in her court. She is now measuring you up to her other offers, including her personal trainer. I'd just start seeing another girl if I were you. She may have just wanted some attention that her boyfriend wasn't giving her. Don't text her again until 11 days later unless you want to show desperation (or if you do, text her you started dating a better woman.)

It's all about her interest level in you. I won't use the celebrity maxim here, but having a woman into you until you ask her out, then she starts running away? Bad sign. She's upset knowing she's gonna lose a source of attention, but will be over it when she gets railed by that male gym rat.

Erase and replace this girl. Replacing this girl may be a chore, but if you can actually replace her, not just erase her, you'll be all better.

Case closed.