Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Texting - afraid to go all the way with a neg

kindasuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a problem when I text girls an obvious neg but I'm afraid that they won't understand that I'm only joking so I end up sending another text saying 'jk haha'

Example:
girl texts me: 'See ya at the party'
and I reply: 'cool see ya, can't wait for you to introduce me to your cute friends ;) '

Obviously I want her and not her friends but I got nervous that she would think that I don't want her and would friend zone me.
So I sent another text saying 'jk haha blah blah blah...'

What should I do next time I neg a girl like this bc I want to send a neg without a second text but am afraid about the friendzone

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT: I just read my reply and it was really lacking some substance. Rewording:

The problem is you are too worried about the outcome. You are getting nervous because you feel a need to not "screw up" as if she is more deserving than you. The basic answer to this is to have more girls on your radar. That way, messages like that can help weed out the ones that are just gonna be a waste of time. But, I realize that is a long-term solution and doesn't help you with this scenario right now. So...

As long as you are fairly quick witted, have faith that when you neg like that, she will come back with something for you to respond to. Hopefully when you met her you gave off a vibe about yourself that you are playful and have fun and aren't always crazy serious. If you were some boring, stone faced, "all business" guy when you met her, of course she will take that text too literally to work. If you were a laid back, happy, joking, funny guy, she's going to read that text with that image, and she will probably play along.

If not, hey... maybe you meet a friend of hers that is cuter.

I was lucky enough to be in the "not giving a fvck" mood once I finally started getting some numbers. I would seriously send some texts like that without thinking for 1 second what their response might be. Then I simply reacted to whatever was said. I didn't try to guide the conversation one way or the other. I just responded. Sometimes I would even try to piss them off just for a laugh myself. In those cases, it still turned out fairly positive for me. If a girl is interested in you, something small like that won't break you. It MAY take some work to get out of it, but it's definitely doable if you had a shot to begin with.

If you can't go through with it, skip the neg all together. Better to not use it, than to do what you are doing.

kindasuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it makes sense, I just got a bit nervous when there is no reason to get nervous

If she understands the neg then it means everything was good when I met her.
If she didn't think it was a neg or doesn't understand that I'm joking then I ****ed up when I met her

Thanks pdubb

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah don't over think but if you are worried you will reduce her interest by jokingly saying something about other women then frame the comment so that she is the one interested in you.

I.E. "cool, just don't be hanging on my arm all night, I've got an image to maintain ya know"

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You can't joke over text. Negging will be taken the wrong way.

What you can do is text things that push her away playfully such as "Go away". If that's enough to scare her off you didn't have much to begin with.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seethehoop is spot on. I've been negging this new plate pretty hard and she was loving it...at first but then she must have been in the rag or something one day and lost her shyt.
Told me if I thought she was that unattractive I should basically fvck off.

So now I use arrogance and ****iness to a similar effect.
Everything in moderation.