Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Text or call?

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your take on this guys. Would you rather call or text for a first date and why.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I know a lot of guy on here will take a more "old school" approach and insist that you call. That's ok. But I personally think it depends on the female's age.

Young women pretty much do EVERYTHING by text these days. At your age, I think texting is fine. If you try to call, a lot of girls won't answer the first time, even if they know you. Then it's a pain in the a$s for her to listen to a voicemail message and then call you back. With texting, you are making it easy for her to respond quickly. (The downside is she has an easy way to flake. But she has that anyway, so it doesn't matter.)

If I was setting up a date with a mature woman, I'd might call. Although even the last few women in the 33 to 35 range I met from online suggested the date by text. I confirmed and got it set up without ever talking on the phone.

Texting is really the norm these days.

So the short answer is, at your age, I would definitely text.

The other advantage is it keeps the conversation SHORT. When I call a chick, I tend to talk WAY TOO LONG. There is no mystery left by the time the date happens.

With texting, you probably won't "talk" too long because it becomes too tedious to type that much.

sighsigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely call. It shows you do things properly. That you take them seriously. You do other things properly on the first date.. you show up on time, you wear nice clothes... why not this?

Texting seems too half-assed.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting and calling are both fine. Imo

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

lexluciano

Don Juan
Reaction score
so when you grab a number, when should you set up the first date?

first week? second week?

or the first week is your tryna feel the girl by texting her every now and then.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally try to call unless there are already plans setup. I need to improve in texting, I guess for whatever reason I text needy but on the phone they seem to get really into me. Guess it's my voice, plus it puts them on the defensive like they need to perform and in that state of mind they are trying to get me to like them, which I want...more hand early on. Texting imo and in my experience for me (..not sayin everyone) is so impersonal and gives the girl the choosing power. On the phone I can find out more about her and see if I get a good vibe from her before deciding whether or not I'm going to put out the effort to get together with her, rush to get ready, brush my teeth, wash my car, make sure my place is immaculate etc. etc. etc. there is a lot of energy that goes into going out so best to know for sure you would want to invest that energy into this girl (p.s. buyers frame fo shizzle)

So for me, I'll call at a time I think she's most likely available. If she doesn't pick up, I just hang up. No message (she'll know it's me though because my name will be on her phone), and try again a couple days later. After a few tries no answer she is telling you she isn't interested. With texting there is no taking back words you wrote that may not come off too well (if you aren't great at getting the other person interested in responding and maintaining your masculine essence in the process) and 1 perceived bad text and all her girlfriends will get to see it and judge it..... for me that's a losing game. I remember just recently seeing this chick I used to date go to the trouble of posting a facebook picture of a guy that text her something stupid so all her friends could laugh at it. I removed her as a friend (I don't want to associate with girls like that) and that put the nail in the coffin on texting for me..... can do it, but under special circumstances (like I KNOW she's super into me and all I need to do is name the time and the place).

Luck