Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Text message meaning

HPUser7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a college student and texted a girl I don't know super well if she wanted to get dinner in about an hour (a bit late minute on my part, but that's when the idea hit).
She replied six hours later with "Hi [my name] I am so sorry for the late reply I just got this notification I am totally down for dinner some other time tho!". I'm feeling a bit of bs here but am not sure. Is she actually interested or just being polite? And do I reply to this? (I do see her in class 4 times a week for reference).

muzza.deman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't stress this at all... Ur gunna see her face to face regularly .She may have crashed, been busy etc... Maybe had to think what the right answer actually was for her ,andd with just 1 hr notice, its a sure fire no ,even for your good mates so.... Definitely reschedule ..... If she flakes next meeting then next her.... But don't read too much into this atm dude.....

Glassguy

Reaction score
When you see her, try to set up a time to meet up for drinks. Its either a yes, no or she counter offers with a specific time.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No point over analyzing text, an hour is too short of a notice for most people unless there's a high degree of investment in the relationship.

Ask her out in person. You'll get a better gauge of whether she is interested in seeing you.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A women that gets a text from a guy asking for a meetup in an hour, sends the message that you are a 'friend' Because that is what friends do. It's not a proper date request. I know that 20 somethings are different, but giving a girl a one hour notice says you are completely driven by impulse. This is the kind of stuff women do, men move with a purpose they don't just flit around like butterflies.

Next time you see her make strong eye contact and ask her out on a proper date... and give her 3 days notice. Don't do this over text, you can if this is who you are but it is a lot more effective to do this in person and then you don't have to sit around and wait for her to get back with you... she is going to give you an answer on the spot.... ANYTHING other than yes, or a legitimate counter-offer equals low interest and you should take the hint an move on. You can try again in a couple of weeks, and if you get the same response you really should just move on.

So what is a legitimate counter-offer? She asks for a different time to meet you. What you got was not a legitimate offer, a ubiquitous suggestion of a possible yes answer in the future. What she told you could really mean anything... the ONLY thing you need to worry about is if she likes you and is interested. If she won't make time for you... then she is NOT interested. If she will not go out with you... regardless of ANYTHING else she may tell you or say... means she is NOT INTERESTED.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me get this straight...you texted some random chick an hour before you wanted to meet and are wondering why she didn't respond right away? Dude, how desperate are you?

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A women that gets a text from a guy asking for a meetup in an hour, sends the message that you are a 'friend' Because that is what friends do. It's not a proper date request. I know that 20 somethings are different, but giving a girl a one hour notice says you are completely driven by impulse. This is the kind of stuff women do, men move with a purpose they don't just flit around like butterflies.
Yeah being spontaneous usually only works if you have already banged them a couple times.
Woman thrive off being spontaneous but only if you give them the tingles.

She's totally down for dinner sometime because she thinks you are buying! Who doesn't like free dinner, especially in college jesus.

STOP THIS, drinks only on 1st hangouts.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a young guy myself, never take college chicks out to dinner. Way too high pressure and expensive. Dinner dates also make for shítty dates in general. You just sit there & eat. Thats a girlfriend thing. Find something cheap and less serious to do. A school event, walk, etc.

If I were you I wouldn't reply to the text. Just see her in person and gauge her interest. If it seems likely, ask in person to hang out.

HPUser7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah being spontaneous usually only works if you have already banged them a couple times.
Woman thrive off being spontaneous but only if you give them the tingles.

She's totally down for dinner sometime because she thinks you are buying! Who doesn't like free dinner, especially in college jesus.

STOP THIS, drinks only on 1st hangouts.
totally recognize the short time was a screw up and generally dinner provides no benefits. As I am not 21 and have no easy way to get alcohol, what is a good alternative to the idea of drinks only on 1st hangouts?

Ratiocinative

Don Juan
Reaction score
totally recognize the short time was a screw up and generally dinner provides no benefits. As I am not 21 and have no easy way to get alcohol, what is a good alternative to the idea of drinks only on 1st hangouts?
Coffee is fine. I would never start with drinks or dinner on a first date. That comes at the end of the night if she earns it by being fun, interesting, and a good kisser. There is no benefit to spending lots of money on a date, and in fact I think not spending money increases thier attraction. It lets them open themselves up to like you for you, and not have to feel like they owe you for expensive dinners and drinks.

Women just want a great guy they can enjoy life with. If they like you for you they will stay with you, and if they don't then money won't keep them around. Save your money for things you and whatever woman you have a relationship with can enjoy together. A house, a vacation, early retirement so you can travel the world, whatever it is you want to do with you life. $100 dinners are for anniversaries and maybe an occasional birthday, that's it.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee is fine. I would never start with drinks or dinner on a first date. That comes at the end of the night if she earns it by being fun, interesting, and a good kisser. There is no benefit to spending lots of money on a date, and in fact I think not spending money increases thier attraction. It lets them open themselves up to like you for you, and not have to feel like they owe you for expensive dinners and drinks.

Women just want a great guy they can enjoy life with. If they like you for you they will stay with you, and if they don't then money won't keep them around. Save your money for things you and whatever woman you have a relationship with can enjoy together. A house, a vacation, early retirement so you can travel the world, whatever it is you want to do with you life. $100 dinners are for anniversaries and maybe an occasional birthday, that's it.
X100

Dinners are for suckers and boring.... find another girl. Put myself in hr shoes, "a dude friend asks me out for dating after I just broke up.....hmmm he must really like me, what hoops can I get him to jump through?"

The only question that I've lately beat into my head while on a date is "what can I do to have the most fun possible?". Jamming air guitar to an awesome song, being sarcastic, teasing, hockey game and kiss cam, haunted farm, patrol downtown, people watching. She honestly doesn't matter, it's up to all of us DJs to have fun everywhere. Let her feed off your internalized emotions and react to a fun guy.

I'm just in a fantastic mood today

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last minute date invite should be a last minute/resort-fun approach in person

Maybe like she leaving class...you say: what you doing in 15minutes... than invite if opening

Otherwise: dates should be action-date/drinks... texting/calling to lock her down

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the subject of texting, if you have a date scheduled a week in advance with a girl, do you text her something funny or flirty midweek to spice it up and keep/raise her interest for the next date?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the subject of texting, if you have a date scheduled a week in advance with a girl, do you text her something funny or flirty midweek to spice it up and keep/raise her interest for the next date?
Ask the texting pro's. I personally think no, that if she's that into you she will be reaching out to you when you are all into yourself and what your doing.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try not to setup a date a full week in advance. Text on a Monday morning, say you've figured out your schedule and ask when she's free. Setup something 3 days away and say possibly the weekend. If you have to set something up that far away, make sure she has rock solid interest. Texting something funny would be ok, but also let her reach out.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try not to setup a date a full week in advance. Text on a Monday morning, say you've figured out your schedule and ask when she's free. Setup something 3 days away and say possibly the weekend. If you have to set something up that far away, make sure she has rock solid interest. Texting something funny would be ok, but also let her reach out.
She asked me to go on a date on a sunday evening, for a concert the next saturday. In the meantime I havent said anything to her, or her to me. This is why im wondering if I should text anything until saturday or just continue to be radio silent

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a similar note, yesterday I had a 1st date and at the end she said we should get together again. Of course that can either mean exactly what she said, or just a pleasant way of blowing me off. Either way, how long do you usually wait to text her again to ask her out for the 2nd date?

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion right now (i.e. Thurs. afternoon) is the best time to invite them to meet you for a weekend drink/dinner.
Thanks Espi. So you arent an advocate of waiting 2/3 days to setup the next date as some say here?

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion right now (i.e. Thurs. afternoon) is the best time to invite them to meet you for a weekend drink/dinner.
If she says we should get together again soon. You tell her, "I have a hectic schedule and I'll get back to you tomorrow when I figure it out and we'll set something up". Give her a kiss and head out