Text game – forget the frills get straight to the point

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry Wilmington said:
For starters: I have found that, for me, the most effective way to get a date from a girl is to CALL them, not text. Furthermore, based on my own independent research and interviewing women of various ages (I do rideshare driving in my spare time, so I run across a LOT of women in my car with their girlfriends talking about guys that are going after them), the general consensus I've gotten from women is that they only like texting two kinds of guys in their lives: the ones that they're keeping in the "friend zone" or guys they're in a relationship with - and even then, if their boyfriends are texting them too much, they start to get annoyed by it because he comes across as a "beta" who can't seem to go a minute without her attention.
What kind of women are you dating? I know that in 2014, in a city like London/NYC etc, girls between 18-23 do not answer their phones. They just don't do it, it's not something my generation does in general. I know even I don't answer my phone all that often. It's just how it is these days, phone calls are reserved for girls who are pretty much boyfriend material type guys. Girls outright do not answer their phones to guys they don't know that well. Ask any guy living in a city who is my age, you need to learn how to text well to get dates, it's not rocket science either. From my female friends, I check out the messages they're getting from guys, they mostly suck but the odd guy is clearly good at keeping a text interaction going for long enough to boost up her attraction. It's just like anything else with women, there are no hard and fast rules because it's each to their own. I'm guessing your texts suck because you've had bad experiences with them ;) but just as some guys can dance and pick up chicks, I can't dance for shït. I'm pretty sure girls like me less when I dance, I could learn how to dance or just play to my strengths.

But the 2010's is seeing the death of phone calls in the early dating stage, it does give the power to women in the sense that they can screen, ignore and forget texts. Hence why you have to keep them fresh and interesting.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read most of thread... I haven't got time to sit about & think of witty replys for women. Numbers game for me. Maybe I should take more time...but things seem to be going fine the way I'm doing it (quick openers...get number...meet up)