Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Testing 1...2...3...

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. Here's a curveball that an ex threw at me a while ago. It was obviously a test, even to me back then. It's also obvious to me that I failed it miserably. But I'm still stumped as to what the purpose of the test was... And by extension what I did wrong... Any insight would be appreciated. Including from the women.

Background info:
I was still in my Mr. Super Nice Guy days. I start dating this woman. She's a single mother. Very self-sufficient. Above average intelligence, and about 7.5 looks. Has moderate psycological issues, and a string of bad relationships with loser guys. She say's she's looking for a good one this time. We dated for about about 3 weeks, during which time I initiated talk of a relationship.

I move in with her (I think it was her idea, but I'm a little fuzzy on that bit). For the first month (from the 1st date) she's Miss Super Sweety with me. Showering me with attention and appreciation. Pretty much opens up to me completely on all levels.

During the 2nd & 3rd months, things stay generally good, but the honeymoon is definitely over. She starts letting her character flaws show through. Mostly mood swings which tightly follow her menstrual cycle, and she has a nasty temper which surfaces on occasion. I deal with it calmly, though when she gets (verbally) aggressive with me, I hold my ground with equal force. We start making some serious LTR plans. I try too hard to give her what she wants, even beyond what I'm capable of offering. She's smart enough to pick up on this.

During months 4 & 5, the relationship starts deteriorating. We fight more often, and more intensly. I've pretty much concentrated all my free time on the relationship and family life. She hints that I should do more of the things I like, even if she's not into them, and isn't involved. I prefer putting more energy into trying to re-rail our floundering relationship. Near the end of month 5, she tells me that we should take a break. I agree, as the tension is getting too much for me too. So I go back to my place for a few days...

The test:
I'm doing my thing at my place. Lot's of work comes in, so I'm busy. Decide to wait until she call's me since she's the one who asked for the break.

After 3 or 4 days, she show's up at my place unannounced with a box containing all my stuff. She tells me the relationship is over in a firm & calm tone, hands me the box, and turns around to leave. I'm shocked, don't react right away, and just as she's getting in her car, I go after her. I tell her we need to talk, take her by the hand, and lead her back into the house. So we're sitting in my kitchen talking. I don't remember the exact convo, but it revolves around her being dissatified with the relationship. She tells me she's upset that I didn't call her. I tell her why. So after about 15 min of this, I tell her calmly "OK S. If you're unhappy in our relationship, we'll split up. I'm fine with it." She gets really mad, storms out of the house, and leaves.

Post test (I don't think this was part of the test, but just in case...):
1 or 2 days later, I call her. One of her kids answers the phone, tells me she doesn't want to talk to me, so I hang up. Try again the next day, same story. 3rd time, I drive to the town where she lives, call her from a pay phone a block from her house, same story. So I walk to her house and knock. She answers the door, I tell her I want to talk to her, so we go to the park across the street from her house. Convo started fairly smoothly, I ask her to explain to me what's up. It gets more and more heated, she's basically trashing me with all sorts of stuff that's wrong with me (some of it true), and about my past (we talked alot about each other during our relationship). I resist the urge to counter-attack, try to get her to calm down, but she just gets nastier and nastier. After about 30 min, I give up. We go back to her house, so I can re-coup some tools in her basement that I'd loaned her, and that she'd forgotten to give me the first time. I tell her to call me when she feels ready, say goodbye to her kids, and leave.

End of story.

Kindly refrain from pointing out my obvious relationship blunders. I'm quite aware of them now. ;) I'm only interested in the test.

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really have any advice, but after reading your post I dont feel so bad about some the crazy relationships I jumped into and had to jump out of.

icehot

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, for my read, I don't see a test here!

Dude, she was pretty clear. She's tired and bored with you so its over.

Besides, you were pretty much anti-challenge after she gave you the boot.

-iceH

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys just aren't compatible, simple as that. That 4-5 month milestone you mention. My theory is that it takes about that long for the real personality to come out on both sides. After a few months you both just let down your guards and be who you're gonna be. Until that point you really don't know who you're with, and neither does she. Both parties are on their best behavior for x amount of time. There's really no other way to see the person for who they really are other than just time.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK. Then if it's not a test, kindly explain why she was calm up until the point when I told her I was OK with the breakup. And then she blew up and stormed out of my house?... And why was she upset that I didn't call her?

Looks like typical female testing behavior to me..

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by marqZAL
I dont really have any advice, but after reading your post I dont feel so bad about some the crazy relationships I jumped into and had to jump out of.
lol

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't a test--that was my read, too.

So, here are some guesses as to her box-dropoff behavior.

Calmness: she practiced this. Good actress.

Stormed off: she cracked. Bad actress---or rather, she has a nasty temper, low emotional control and probably couldn't hold her acting line together for a long time.

Your comment: "I'm Ok with it, too, then..." or words to that effect. She wanted a reaction. You didn't give one. In fact, you were dumping her at this point, too (which her ego couldn't handle..) so she stormed off because she has low emotional control and--maybe--kinda like how tears are used---she pulls a dramatic stunt, jacks up the ante in this game and forces a reaction out of you (you came running, took her away, continued chasing her in the days that followed, etc.)

Just a guess. The tests all happened before. And I suppose "putting up with her bad behavior and acquiescing and trying to supplicate her in her bad moods" is one long running test right there. That's where I am guessinig the tests are to be found.

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the other posters. It really wasn't a test but where you failed in this relationship was actually putting too much into it and for the family etc.

Its totally counter-intuitive to a guy but women do not want you to put 100% of yourself into the relationship. They would rather if you put 50% in and save the other 50% for your job (make some dough for us lover) and your hobbies (show me you are more of well-rounded man than just what I see.)

The storming out of the house after you said "okay lets splitsville then" was strictly a woman's reaction to rejection. Even though she broke up with you and made it as final as it gets, you're still supposed to be in love with her and want to stay to together and beg her to come back. Not that she would have said yes, but she still wanted the ego boost of you begging to get back together.

It's clear this relationship just ran its course. You could have applied more challenge in it and that might have made some difference but at the end of the day, it just wasn't going to be.

There isn't many posts on the board about women's tests although there should be alot of them. Do a search but you will have to go through alot of different ones to find the few that deal with tests.

(Edit: I didn't see Tesuque's post before I wrote mine. I agree with what he said as well.)

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TesuqueRed
Your comment: "I'm Ok with it, too, then..." or words to that effect. She wanted a reaction. You didn't give one. In fact, you were dumping her at this point, too (which her ego couldn't handle..) so she stormed off because she has low emotional control and--maybe--kinda like how tears are used---she pulls a dramatic stunt, jacks up the ante in this game and forces a reaction out of you (you came running, took her away, continued chasing her in the days that followed, etc.)
That makes (female) sense. Especially since I know she has a fairly fragile ego (could never admit she was wrong or apologize). So basically, you think she just wanted some drama for thrills?... My original guess was that she was hoping I'd supplicate her not to dump me, to see if I was a wuss...

What about when she complained that I hadn't called her during our break, even though she'd initiated it? That's a highly illogical reaction, which makes it look like a test.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JustDoItAlways
Its totally counter-intuitive to a guy but women do not want you to put 100% of yourself into the relationship. They would rather if you put 50% in and save the other 50% for your job (make some dough for us lover) and your hobbies (show me you are more of well-rounded man than just what I see.)
Actually, I'd kept doing my job normally. I was putting 100% of my free time into the relationship and family (had set the hobbies aside). But like I said, I'm aware of the relationship blunders. It's this last episode that had me stumped...
The storming out of the house after you said "okay lets splitsville then" was strictly a woman's reaction to rejection. Even though she broke up with you and made it as final as it gets, you're still supposed to be in love with her and want to stay to together and beg her to come back. Not that she would have said yes, but she still wanted the ego boost of you begging to get back together.
Egotistical drama-queen... Got it ;) Fits in with her base personality perfectly. :rolleyes:

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ZeeOwl
That makes (female) sense. ...

I cut part of the post and left in the "...makes (female) sense." bit as a contrast. to this:

So basically, you think she just wanted some drama for thrills?... My original guess was that she was hoping I'd supplicate her not to dump me, to see if I was a wuss...

She already had an opinion from prior tests that you were a wuss, she didn't need to test for it anymore and hadn't needed to test for it for months.

You have to stay with the (female) sense viewpoint in order to understand it. You slipped--at this point just above--into (male) sense, or trying to understand behavior logically.

A good sign that you've shifted (female / male) sense gears is when your attempts to understand run into a wall of confusion (the other is when you listen to the words and don't follow the behavior or actions...) Think of being in 3rd gear and throwing your car immediately into reverse at 40 mph...that's what the wall of confusion you hit feels like when you change gears from (female) sense to (male) sense.

Ok. Did it for thrills?

I wouldn't equate "drama" and "forcing a reaction" with "thrills". She did it for "effect". She was firing live ammo and wanted to get a hit. Thrills is for c0ck-teasers. I can't add attention wh0res to the list since A.W.s and your ex-GF engage and force a reaction, which is what they/she needs psychologically (we have a few clinical psyche's here that can correct me here or go more in depth if they're following this...)

In short: she did it for real because she needs a reaction. She feeds off it--as someone guessed above, so that she can leave it feeling better and you feel like shyt. Because it validates her value by your begging and pleading and tears. Because it makes her feel like she's not a loser and covers up all those negative thoughts and corrosive emotions that has made her fragile and nasty.

What about when she complained that I hadn't called her during our break, even though she'd initiated it? That's a highly illogical reaction, which makes it look like a test.

You're still on (male) sense reasoning here, IMO. She needed an excuse/reason/fight/whatever to justify breaking up. It (she) says: "It's YOUR fault! If you had really loved me and treated me right and called first, we would be together! But this is SO bad and SUCH a violation that we have to end it right here."

Or words to that effect..

Whatever--it was an argument point. Any argument point would do. She chose that one. She could have chosen how you did the dishes badly (--no Zee, me and her didn't talk and compare notes, I'm just guessing you aren't an A-list dishwasher..)

You caught that part in the bible that covered what women will do when they want to get out of a relationship--??? This is one of those patterns.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like everyone's said, it wasn't a test, but if it had been, what you did was the right thing. She had decided in her head to finish with you, and was expecting you to be all tearful anc lingy, and begging to give it another try. You didn't do that, you told her you were fine with it, so she got mad and stormed out. She didn't get the ego boost she was after.

I've tried to resist saying this but I can't.. Don't ever move in with a woman you've only dated for a month!!

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good sign that you've shifted (female / male) sense gears is when your attempts to understand run into a wall of confusion (the other is when you listen to the words and don't follow the behavior or actions...) Think of being in 3rd gear and throwing your car immediately into reverse at 40 mph...that's what the wall of confusion you hit feels like when you change gears from (female) sense to (male) sense.
Got it. Will keep that reference in mind for the future. What's a mph? (I'm from Canada. lol Just kidding).
I wouldn't equate "drama" and "forcing a reaction" with "thrills". She did it for "effect". She was firing live ammo and wanted to get a hit. Thrills is for c0ck-teasers. I can't add attention wh0res to the list since A.W.s and your ex-GF engage and force a reaction, which is what they/she needs psychologically (we have a few clinical psyche's here that can correct me here or go more in depth if they're following this...)

In short: she did it for real because she needs a reaction. She feeds off it--as someone guessed above, so that she can leave it feeling better and you feel like shyt. Because it validates her value by your begging and pleading and tears. Because it makes her feel like she's not a loser and covers up all those negative thoughts and corrosive emotions that has made her fragile and nasty.
OK, yeah. Thrills was an incorrect choice of words. I mean't ego boost. That's fits in perfectly with her personality type. When something went wrong, it was always my fault. She never made mistakes, was incapable of apologizing, etc... I figured out pretty quickly that this was a facade for a fragile ego. I only had her really figured out after our breakup though. And I guess that last episode confused me too much to read it properly...
You're still on (male) sense reasoning here, IMO. She needed an excuse/reason/fight/whatever to justify breaking up. It (she) says: "It's YOUR fault! If you had really loved me and treated me right and called first, we would be together! But this is SO bad and SUCH a violation that we have to end it right here."

Whatever--it was an argument point. Any argument point would do. She chose that one. She could have chosen how you did the dishes badly (--no Zee, me and her didn't talk and compare notes, I'm just guessing you aren't an A-list dishwasher..)
Got it. Scape-goat complaint. I guess I was just looking at it from the wrong angle. Was assuming illogical = test. Actually, I'm quite good at washing dishes, but she never got to see that side of me because she had a dishwashing machine. :D
You caught that part in the bible that covered what women will do when they want to get out of a relationship--??? This is one of those patterns.
Nope, haven't gotten that far yet. But you can be sure I'm going to read it. Thanks. :)

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
Like everyone's said, it wasn't a test, but if it had been, what you did was the right thing.
Yeah. That's what had me so stumped about this whole thing. Since I was convinced it was a test, I thought I'd handled it perfectly. So I couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong, and why she was angry at me anyways... I got caught up in the "When a woman does something which doesn't make sense or is illogical, it's usually a test" rule.
I've tried to resist saying this but I can't.. Don't ever move in with a woman you've only dated for a month!!
Thanks for not pointing out one of my obvious relationship blunders, like I asked. :p But I know it was hard to let that one pass. A few others are doozies too. :)

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're Overanalyzing

The test she used on you was:

1. Waiting for you to call

You should check out some of my posts on my X....I bet they will help you....

I really sympathize with what happened to you...This woman is a real kunt...You did nothing wrong....There's a GNR song called you're crazy...it was written about girls like her....Dont abuse yourself and look back on this anymore cause you reacted in a manner that any man would have....definately move on and whatever you do, do not contact her...and if she contacts you, I really think it would be a good idea if you just blow her off completely....Find a HB, and youll forget all about that pathetic excuse for a woman.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ZeeOwl

Background info:
I start dating this woman. She's a single mother.

----Red Flag #1

Very self-sufficient. Above average intelligence, and about 7.5 looks. Has moderate psycological issues, and a string of bad relationships with loser guys.

----Red flag #2

She say's she's looking for a good one this time. We dated for about about 3 weeks, during which time I initiated talk of a relationship.

---Let her initiated that, not you. Mistake #1
I move in with her (I think it was her idea, but I'm a little fuzzy on that bit).

---Mistake #2

For the first month (from the 1st date) she's Miss Super Sweety with me. Showering me with attention and appreciation. Pretty much opens up to me completely on all levels.

Mostly mood swings which tightly follow her menstrual cycle, and she has a nasty temper which surfaces on occasion.

----Red flag #3

I deal with it calmly, though when she gets (verbally) aggressive with me, I hold my ground with equal force.

----Red flag #4

We start making some serious LTR plans.

----Mistake #3. NEVER LTR a single mommy.

During months 4 & 5, the relationship starts deteriorating. We fight more often, and more intensly.

---I seen that coming a mile away.
The test:
I'm doing my thing at my place. Lot's of work comes in, so I'm busy. Decide to wait until she call's me since she's the one who asked for the break.

---SMART MOVE #1

After 3 or 4 days, she show's up at my place unannounced with a box containing all my stuff. She tells me the relationship is over in a firm & calm tone, hands me the box, and turns around to leave. I'm shocked, don't react right away, and just as she's getting in her car, I go after her. I tell her we need to talk, take her by the hand, and lead her back into the house. So we're sitting in my kitchen talking.

----Mistake # 4
If you're unhappy in our relationship, we'll split up. I'm fine with it." She gets really mad, storms out of the house, and leaves.

----Ohhh yea, great move #2

1 or 2 days later, I call her.

----Mistake #5

I resist the urge to counter-attack, try to get her to calm down, but she just gets nastier and nastier. After about 30 min, I give up. We go back to her house, so I can re-coup some tools in her basement that I'd loaned her, and that she'd forgotten to give me the first time. I tell her to call me when she feels ready, say goodbye to her kids, and leave.

End of story.

----Blunders, well, there everywhere. First, let the girl initiate the talk of the LTR. Second, don't date single moms ever, Im sorry you had to find ou the hard way. No suprise the had issues. :rolleyes: TOTALLY and 100 percent NEXT this whole entire situation. :)

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: You're Overanalyzing

Originally posted by sustainable007
You should check out some of my posts on my X....I bet they will help you....
I'd be interested in reading those. Where are they?

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Testing 1...2...3...

Originally posted by myfriendblu
----Red Flag #1
----Red flag #2
---Let her initiated that, not you. Mistake #1
---Mistake #2
----Red flag #3
----Red flag #4
----Mistake #3. NEVER LTR a single mommy.
----Mistake # 4
----Mistake #5
----Blunders, well, there everywhere. First, let the girl initiate the talk of the LTR. Second, don't date single moms ever, Im sorry you had to find ou the hard way. No suprise the had issues. :rolleyes: TOTALLY and 100 percent NEXT this whole entire situation. :)
Quote from original post : "Kindly refrain from pointing out my obvious relationship blunders. I'm quite aware of them now. I'm only interested in the test.":rolleyes:

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I looked all over the bible and can't find anything on that subject. Do you remember what the thread is called, or what section it's in?

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jeezus...we make a suggestion and he follows up on it....

WTF???

We are not used to that type of behavior here.

Ummm, perhaps as a stand-alone subject, it may not appear. It is a significant subject and usually appears in threads about breaking up and tests and the like. It is wide-ranging.

I dimly recall good threads about recognizing when GFs are thinkig about leaving and how you can tell. Key words for searching....sorry....

Quick notes, though (others can supplement at will)

--They start witholding sex.
--They get less affectionate, less kino.
--They do fewer favors for you.
--Behavior towards you changes (not just one day or during PMS times--over weeks, maybe.)
--They start flaking.
--They pay less attention to you.
--You start seeing signs of disrespect (usually you're being AFC and this is a natural response..)
--Fights increase. For whatever reason, over weeks and months "you just don't seem to get along". Why? Because this is what they'll say when they've landed the guy they really want (not you) and need to end things with you. This is a monkey-girl thing.

Personal experience--a chick I saw thought she had me and was way into the fights with her BF in prep for dumping him. When she got a clue I wasn't going to go for her, she and him had a big discussion and they both "realized"--!!!--they should "appreciate each other more." Bullshyt. She despised his AFC wussass and was getting ready to jump ship and was deep into setting it up---couldn't happen, so she cooks up this BS line to preserve her relationship with the current BF. She couldn't stand being alone, he was her only option--she did what she had to do.

All of the above is--too some extent--natural in a LTR. Usually you have a sense of humor about the other person's weaknesses and never lose a core-respect for them. If you get an intuitive sense that the core-respect has eroded, be sure to decide what the best, pro-active future you can think of and then go get it. Usually that means dumping her first.