Terrel's Bootcamp Thread

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi There. Last Year I wasn't able to complete the third week of the DJ Bootcamp.

People of any skill can do it.

week 1
Day 1: Yesterday (14) was the start of the week 1... I read the articles and really absorbed the "think yourself as a prince" concept.

Day 2 15/01/2005:
today i went out the streets to practice visual contact. it as somewhere from 7 to 8 pm. I walked cause it was good weather, many people did not look, others keep looking, I realized I did not want to look 2 or 3 people. Different faces and expressions, one of the visual contacts got a "what up" cause it was a person I had talked to for a mission of the first bootcamp I took on. This is my second bootcamp. I had no fear of looking.

I'm also reporting to a spanish forum, cause it's my first language.

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
More advances

Day 3: Stayed home
Day 4: Went and did like Day 2
Practicing visual contact
i didn't want to look at some people so i noticed i avoided looking at them, most of the people looked at me, one girl looked at me then looked away, there was one girl with I guess a coleague, she kept looking strong. One girl looked and smiled.

For this Day 5 is saying hi to strange people, but specially sexy or attractive women.

Scoiland

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
keep it up and keep posting in here

I started week one and im on week two right now and seeing improvements

I still have problems with cold approaches

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 completed!

19/01/2005

Today I went at the end of the afternoon to a mall, i was not decided what i was gonna say, or hello or good afternoon, I wa thinking I was not so used to saying 'hi'. I turned for a walked to that mall and I noticed my mouth speechless. Sad face here.

Something to do is to read a text outloud when u wake up or before going out. I got 2 long and extense days. Now I'm reading walden's bootcamp journal, searching for inspiration.

"Those who make ordinary efforts get ordinary results"
"you get only what you think you are worthy of"

21/01/2005

I started the day reading a text outloud for 5 minutes.
I went out in the morning w the objetive of completing the mission. I started saying 'Good day', the first ones did not reply back. One sir replied back w 'young man!', then a woman said 'good afternoon' cause it was more than 12 so i started saying good afternoon. I said very few hi's, i think it's a little more complicated. I did 45 while walking out the streets, I passed by a plaza and a small mall. I realized I didn't have a good stand while I said the "gooday", so I noticed that and tried better next times. Most of the people were coming at my opposite direction, it was like I made eye contact, if they did too then I said 'gday'.

After a break, I went to do the 5 left, I only got one person replying my salutation.

Week 1 completed!

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
terrel, where are you doing this? UK/US? only "good day" is a little formal and perhaps a little old fashioned (unless you in australia of course "g'day")... try simply smiling and saying "Hi", i find it helps if I say "I like you" in my head about a second before. Or try "Morning" (if its a morning of course) wouldnt do "Afternoon" or "Evening" as they are a bit formal too.

Excellent stuff though ;) Keep up the good work!

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Caldus
Didn't approach any girls? I'm guessing you're taking things very slow?
Approaching Do Didn't I

Yes I take things very slow

Self note, very slow, but it's useless if it's not consistent at least

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by octane_orphan
terrel, where are you doing this? UK/US? only "good day" is a little formal and perhaps a little old fashioned (unless you in australia of course "g'day")...

Yes, it's formal.
Okj I speak spanish, so I say "buenos días" Buenas tardes" "buenas noches"
The word "Hi" is "Hola" in spanish...

Damn I have this idea of being a fake-tourist, so I can approach with english or something :p they would buy it :p

try simply smiling and saying "Hi", i find it helps if I say "I like you" in my head about a second before. Or try "Morning" (if its a morning of course) wouldnt do "Afternoon" or "Evening" as they are a bit formal too.
Yep, gonna try your Tip... mmm, for approaching girls, yea that would sound a bit formal, of course I bet many get away with that :D

Excellent stuff though ;) Keep up the good work!
Well, thank you, keep checking this thread and cheering me up, i appreciate that!

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TERREL,, which is the spanish website you are visiting? let me know//

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
23/01/2005
I made a convo w strangers.
Learning: City's weather. An state where people are much talkative than here (maracaibo).
Opening Line: Good afternoon, how's your day?

That was a senior man, very kind and open to talk.

9 to go.

24/01/2005
As walden would say: "stocked", went out and made 0 convos... it was one of those "off" days

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 2 completed

25/01/2005
I made 2 conversations. Went out walking like on friday. At the start I felt a little 'cold', ok practice visual contact and say Good afternoon/morning. A car passing by asks me if the road if blocked, I say no. I keep walking, practicing visual contact and salutations, kept on, other person on car asks me directions. I saw some people stanging alone, realized that I won't give themn the pleasure of my conversation because instintively I feel that some of them could or may not be friendly. I saw a sir seating and I say "Good morning, how's your day", the conversation turned around how busy the day was, the educational institutes that are around, and women "He who searches, encounters", he said. I said bye and he did too with great energy.

Kept walking, went into a book store, got out, kept on my way, saw another person on an empty place, I used "Good morning, how's your day", the conversation went very philosophic. "People don't wanna make mistakes, the people are not perfect". Something I talked about was that I don't expect people to be perfect, but to be the best they can be. He wished me a good day. Coming back I kept practicing visual contact and salutations.

27/01/2005
After coming out of the german class. I went to join a friend to take his bus home, we talked a while, then this girl comes and my guess is the first look she gave me was wanting to be approache (Jjajajjaja yea u can laugh at that if u want, lol). I began asking if she was waiting for the same bus, asked her where she studied, she said some place, I said I studied there too. she asked me what i studied, I said ingeniery (i don't know how to spell that, i'll fix it later), then she told me she used to study at other college (economics), then my coleague from german came and asked in what semester she is in, she said 7th. I mocked her at changing careers, she justified herself, then the bus came and they both left. I hope that at least they could have had an entertaining time talking with each other, cause i think they are both very comftable people to hang around with...

28/01/2005
The basics: this day I had to do the remaining 6 conversations... I did 'em that nite. First one was a person working at a hod dog station, i said 'good night how's your day', then asked some situational questions about the enviroment and what he was doing at that moment. I was curious about some stuff, so I went and asked.

5 convos left
Kept my way, there was this girl sitting waiting for I don't know what, but that was the bus seating place. took a few steps forward, opened with 'good evening how's your day?', I think I had to repeat the same phrase, then i asked if she studied nearby, said something about career changed, she picked her cellphone and started talking, i left. Didn't like that too much, laughed at it though, cause i wasn't trying to pick her up, just to do my missions, and something inside me told me she wasn't gonna be too friendly.

terrel

Don Juan
Reaction score
4 left, passed by a restaurant, came near the vigilant, opened with 'good evening how's your day' he said good, we talked about the shifts he has, he's leaving in a matter of minutes cause his shift is over, the other vigilant talked about how he got a dollar from a person that met him in another city and saw him there too.

3 left, I used the same 'good evening how's your day' (note: I'm not saying you have to open convos with 'good evening how's your day), she said fine, she was a woman who sold flowers... had an interesting convo, totally understands what AFC's and JERKS are, and that there are some men who play with women's feelings, those men should not lie about commitment and love, just have women everywhere. She agreed with the fact that many give flowers for all the wrong reasons, and he who pretends to play w women's feelings should have uncommited relationships, so he shall not break thy heart.

2 left, here I was thinking how do I do... pased near a taxi line, they thought i was gonna take a cab, I asked something about that line and the conflict that happened out of curiosity, it was really informative.

1 left, I pased near another hotdog sell, I said 'good evening how's your day', they said good, i asked which day was the best for sells, they said all, i asked what time was, basicly filling up the convo, like how long does the stand exist. 30 years he said.Was the ad new? yes, he affirmed.

I'm translating this today, but it was that day's action (28/01/2005)

jean laurent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Terrel, good work. I see you're talking to all sorts of people, not just young(er) girls. If you feel you need the experience, go for it. However, just a little tip: practise talking about more light-hearted topics. Whilst older people will engage in the more sophisticated topics, when flirting with girls, you want to keep it fun. You sound like a pretty studious person: you speak (or at least, write) very good English, and you're learning German while studying engineering. That's excellent. But don't neglect taking part in some of the more "brain-dead" activities that life has to offer; that way, you can more easily relate to girls who aren't interested in "intellectual" conversations and just want to enjoy life and have fun.