Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Telling a girl that your not interested in her anymore

milton

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, Ive been lurking here a while and am very inspired by the progress I see some of you guys are making.

I have been seeing this girl for a while, smart ambitious and stable girl. I just dont feel it anymore and feel like what I want and what she wants does not coincide, in terms of commitment.

I dont want to hurt her and I genuinely want to be her friend (this has previously been very hard for me in previous relationships) I was wondering how you guys have framed it when breaking the news to the girl. I want to be honest but I was her first and I dont want her to be devastated. How have you guys dealt with situations like this?

Im 21 btw.

Thanks for your input in advance.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try being honest with her. Just tell her that the two of you are looking for different things, yada-yada, and anything else that's bothering you.

Anything is better than the typical "it's not you it's me"-type BS that most people use. It shows that you respect her enough to be honest. Besides telling lies in an effort to protect her feelings or remain friends just insults her intelligence.

Next time she calls or you talk to her on the phone just say "hey, we need to talk" and take it from there. At the very least have the talk in person though. It's just a personal opinion, but I believe having important conversations should be a face-to-face matter.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
Try being honest with her. Just tell her that the two of you are looking for different things, yada-yada, and anything else that's bothering you.

Anything is better than the typical "it's not you it's me"-type BS that most people use. It shows that you respect her enough to be honest. Besides telling lies in an effort to protect her feelings or remain friends just insults her intelligence.

Next time she calls or you talk to her on the phone just say "hey, we need to talk" and take it from there. At the very least have the talk in person though. It's just a personal opinion, but I believe having important conversations should be a face-to-face matter.
Spot on except don't use the "hey we need to talk" Line thats BS chick lingo that as a guy you should understand but no need to actually use it, just tell her you have something to tell her which is important end of story.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
typical said:
Spot on except don't use the "hey we need to talk" Line thats BS chick lingo that as a guy you should understand but no need to actually use it, just tell her you have something to tell her which is important end of story.
Yep, that's why I use the line, because chicks understand what it means. If you're gonna talk to an italian don't speak spanish, speak their native tongue

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep her as a friend she might be alot better looking and so on in the future.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I'm not feeling this right now. We both want and expect different things from each other, and I think its best for us to break it off, before things go bad. You're a cool chick and I want to remain friends... yadda yadda.

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want her still as a friend for some reason then
"Lets just be friends" her.

Just remember its a bullsh!t line unless you really do mean it.

but I dont have a problem using bullsh!t lines