Teeth whitening?

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up guys. I'm new here & slowly crawling out of this AFC hole. I'm really embracing this whole self-improvement mantra, though. I have a personal trainer at a nice gym & I've started going to tanning beds. Another thing I was thinking about is whitening my teeth. They're not noticably yellow or anything, but I do drink coffee every morning & smoke cigarettes, so there's definitely some staining.

Anyone here bleach their teeth? Which method has worked best for you? I know there are procedures you can have done by a dentist, but I'd prefer something I can do at home before I go to bed or something.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my teeth started getting a little discoloured recently, so i increased my brushing to 3 times a day for a minute. so far it's working pretty well

good to hear about your turn towards self-improv. hopefully you'll be able to do away with smoking

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My teeth are substantially whiter than they were 6 months ago. A few months back, I picked up a Sonicare toothbrush with quadpacer. For those of you who don't know what a quadpacer is, it's basically just a timer on the toothbrush that goes off every 30 seconds, telling you to switch to a different quadrant of teeth (Front Top, Rear Top, Front Bottom, Rear Bottom). Therefore, each time you brush is 2 minutes. I do this 2 times a day, sometimes, but rarely, 3. It's a pain, but it did whiten my teeth some. Also, it's great for other dental reasons. If brushing 5 minutes a day prevents me from going through some terrible dental procedure 10 years from now, it'll be worth it to me.

I also used to drink NOTHING but soda. I dropped that altogether, for other reasons. Doing this probably led to some of the improvement.

Crest Whitestrips also work pretty good, but are limited only to the six middle teeth (upper and lower of course)

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so i increased my brushing to 3 times a day for a minute.
I have really weak gums... sadly I'm the 1 in 32 ratio that if I try anything rough or whitening for more then one time a week my gums bleed pretty bad... and no it's not ging. Just I inherited bad gums and soft teeth....

Try this.... Rembrant... The one I'm thinking of is Red in a Silver Box... I think It says 20minutes... anyway it comes with trays and some syringes of whitening gel... best part is you can return it for a ful refund after you used the whole thing... then buy a sencond one.... so for $20 you can REALLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH.... Stuffs at Walgreens... I'd do it once or twice a day... I've pulled off using a whole case in one day...[thats about 14 treatments per row of teeth]

After you have your teeth witened though make sure to get some good toothpaste or the whiteness can fade quickly... thats the other problem with doing more then 2-3 a day... you'll notice super whiteness then it fades a bit and settles.... where 2-3 a day.... it normally sstays where it is....

Otherwise you can go to a dentist and get it done professionaly

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hear crest white strips are perfectly fine and safe.

I actually find them to be a *****.... after I found Rembrant I never turned back... trays are a lot easier.... WhiteStripes slip too much

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my gums bleed too most times, but it doesn't hurt that much

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
cap your teeth, or coat them with enamel. expensive, but the ultimate.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crest whitening strips work wonders, i've used them. I have gotten countless compliments on how white my teeth are now. All you do is take each strip and wear them for an hour, twice a day. Very easy, well worth it.