Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Teach me how to fight

Reaction score
Want to know how to win in a fight?

1. Get big. In street fight size matter more than in the bedroom.

2. Practice basic full contact boxing maybe 20 minutes a week AT MOST.

3. Be more aggressive than the other guy.

I took enough karate in my day to know that it's mostly a ballet dance.

Ever see those mixed martial arts UFC cage fight programs? Each of those guys have literally 6-7-8-9 black belts for each of them. Those are real fights. What happens during their fights?

One maybe two punches are thrown and they end up on the ground wrestling.

Oh excuse me, I forgot, they called it 'grappling'.

Wrestling by any other name is still wrestling (kind of reminds of doctors who slap a loooong name on a basic illness to make it sound more important and justify their higher pay).

All those years in the karate dojo so you can end up in a street fight that ends up in a wrestling match.

PUH-lease!

I'm not saying wrestling is the key, I'm saying being bigger and stronger is number 1, and don't waste your time with useless methods that don't have a bearing in a real street fight.

Do 1-3 listed above and you will outmatch 99% of would be tough guys.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Franky Four Fingers said:
Want to know how to win in a fight?

1. Get big. In street fight size matter more than in the bedroom.

2. Practice basic full contact boxing maybe 20 minutes a week AT MOST.

3. Be more aggressive than the other guy.

I took enough karate in my day to know that it's mostly a ballet dance.

Ever see those mixed martial arts UFC cage fight programs? Each of those guys have literally 6-7-8-9 black belts for each of them. Those are real fights. What happens during their fights?

One maybe two punches are thrown and they end up on the ground wrestling.

Oh excuse me, I forgot, they called it 'grappling'.

Wrestling by any other name is still wrestling (kind of reminds of doctors who slap a loooong name on a basic illness to make it sound more important and justify their higher pay).

All those years in the karate dojo so you can end up in a street fight that ends up in a wrestling match.

PUH-lease!

I'm not saying wrestling is the key, I'm saying being bigger and stronger is number 1, and don't waste your time with useless methods that don't have a bearing in a real street fight.

Do 1-3 listed above and you will outmatch 99% of would be tough guys.
Thanks for this advice. I found this one quite useful.

FG'man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look for Maskdefender on Youtube. He's a young man wanting to be a stuntman and does martial arts in his free time. His videos are worth a look. (;

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
black belt rank is supposed to mean : untouchable by the untrained man. if you are NOT, then you aint black belt.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Here is some definitive guide on how to win in a fight. First call the other dude an *******, and say you ****ed his mother. Then take the beating. Then dial 911 and file assault charges. The bad guy is guaranteed to have exhilirating butt sex for years to come.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ufc is set up to not really HURT the other guy. Untrained men can't TOUCH areal black belt. if they can, his rank was imaginal. actually, the cops probably won't do a thing about your beating, unless you have lots of objective witnesses, a video, etc. if you instigated the beating, you will get nothing in the way of satisfaction, probably, and he'll beat/kill you for snitching, too. Anybody who manages to beat me will simply get shot at a later date, period.

BlackMack177

Don Juan
Reaction score
metoo said:
ufc is set up to not really HURT the other guy. Untrained men can't TOUCH areal black belt. if they can, his rank was imaginal. actually, the cops probably won't do a thing about your beating, unless you have lots of objective witnesses, a video, etc. if you instigated the beating, you will get nothing in the way of satisfaction, probably, and he'll beat/kill you for snitching, too. Anybody who manages to beat me will simply get shot at a later date, period.
lol you're not serious right? UFC is not about hurting someone? Maybe since they are a higher level of training, they make it appear to not be painful, but as someone who trains MMA more than 3 days a week I can tell you that that sh1t can and does leave permanent injury. It does indeed hurt.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're both right. I think metoo is talking about all of the moves that illegal in mma, like crotch kicks and eye gouges, as well as mma being on a padded mat in a padded cage.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he meant that in mixed martial arts or any type of competitive martial arts, there are rules to keep you from inflicting too much damage. These guys are making this a career and in the spirit of sportsmanship have rules set up. I think you have to train with the idea in mind that in real life, these rules don't apply.

The difference being that in the ring you apply just enough pressure for a tapout. In real life if you do that, the thug or robber might reach for a knife when your back is turned and stab you or might stab you while you're applying an armbar.

So you have to be more committed and do more damage in a situation like that vs. in the ring. And then, get the he!! out of there. I think you already know, your sensei trained you to avoid physical conflict and not to go looking for problems. Your brain is your best weapon and most situations can be avoided. If a guy talks trash, you can leave a party. If you see suspicious looking people, you can take a different route. If someone is verbally aggressive, you can tell them you don't have anything against them and to have a nice day. If you're physically cornered and can't escape, then you can inflict damage.

I think it's important to realize the difference between an avoidable situation where someone is just being rude versus an unavoidable situation, where someone intends to do you harm. At a party where someone is drunk and just getting loud and aggressive, you can simply leave. If someone in school runs his mouth, again, you can just walk away (without turning your back). If you're in traffic and the guy behind or in front of you gets out of his car screaming with his fists clenched or holding a tire iron, knife, or gun, walking towards your car, different scenario.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there are no SERIOUS sidekicks at the ribs, no SERIOUS shuto strikes at ribs, collarbones, etc. Do that ONCE and you'd never have another matchup in UFC. No shots at larnyx, nothing much at all that would take MONTHS to heal up from getting hit with. yep, in your latter scenario, you SHOOT HIM. there is no reason at all to not have a gun handy, at all times, really, I only learned karate so I had a choice between killing and just letting him run off. Now I can sucker him into swinging at me, and break his leg.

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. The combat aspect of Karate (non-sport application.....created by the Japanese for real combat) is much different from what most people in the U.S. learn. I think the main difference isn't the individual techniques but the strategy and application of those techniques.

Think of the forearm block. Some blocks are actually also strikes. You're actually striking and blocking at the same time. You can injure or disable your attacker's arm with a well executed forearm block. Most people think of it only as a defensive maneuver for preventing injury to yourself when it can actually be used as a defensive maneuver that inflicts injury on the other guy.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some blocks are actually also strikes. You're actually striking and blocking at the same time. You can injure or disable your attacker's arm with a well executed forearm block

There's a ghetto/prison boxing style called "52 Hand Blocks." One of the main blocks is throwing your elbow up next to your head so that your attacker's punch strikes the bony end of your elbow.

When I had my first mma fight, I was convinced I could break the other guy's hand like that. But what ended up happening was that his thick tape/gauze wrap and the mma gloves were enough padding to keep that from happening. His hands were purple and swollen afterwards, but they didn't break. In a street fight, the guy's hand would have broken after the first or second punch, and he would have run away crying without me even having to hit him. And from a legal perspective, that is the best thing that could happen. But in an mma fight, it just makes a bruise for the next day.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you have to resort to the foreaarm block, it's cause you're not much good. open hands are just to make blocking nearly painless in practice, but the cutting edge is used to block in a fight, the 'knife hand" or the "chop' as it is called. one of those, applied properly, and the limb being blocked will be useless for quite some timeafterward. google for masutatsu Oyama, and see what HE could do with a chop! you'd pull back a bloody stub of a limb, and I am NOT kidding.