Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tanning 101

TheManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I'm in relatively good shape. I've spent the past 4 years of my life as a wrestler doing Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai - before that I was very much into Bodybuilding (was even offered sponsorship). Now I'm a full time student and I work 2 jobs - very little time for much of anything aside from my saturday night. I'll be starting a new routine where I'll be getting up at 5am to go jogging, but that doesn't help me with my biggest problem and what may be my greatest percieved flaw - I'm pale as ****.

Any advice as far as tanning is concerned, maybe a link or something? Excuse me if I'm skipping over some FAQ or sticky - I'm really looking for some honest straight up advice.

What do you think of tanning beds? Spray on tans? Sunlight? How long should I bake in the sun? Which should I do? Tanning salons have you wear goggles which give you crazy tan lines - so I've heard.

My muscular definition would definitely shine with a good tan and honestly I think I'd look a lot healthier. Any help here would be great.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to use the tanning beds at my old gym and looked pretty damn good, if I may say so. The thing is, goggles are "required" but a tip I read (and applied) is to take them off for a few minutes when you do go to get a tan, so the tan lines don't get too bad.

If you go that route, start with five minutes once or twice a week; more and you'll burn. Up the "dosage" as required.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I personally, rarely wear the goggles for the full time. Now I use a stand up bed, and well, the goggles just don't stay on. I make sure to keep my eyes closed, and even though it doesn't really help, I at least feel better.

I would avoid spray ons at all costs. A day or two after you get it, you get this very "dirty" appearance. Sure, it's quick and all, but please don't. Take the time and tan. Now, some people may argue the skin cancer deal, but how many avid hikers and campers do you know that have skin cancer? Same deal. They spend all day out in the sun. Bad bad sun. Harmful rays. Deadly. Ooooh. Yet many of them are just peachy. Well, tan, but fine none the less.

Start off with low minutes/levels and increase as you feel necessary. The best thing to do would be to go to a local tanning salon and ask the person behind the desk to help you. At first, don't buy anything other than a tanning package. They'll probably try to sell you lotions and a bunch of stuff, just tell them you don't have the money for that sh*t right now, but maybe some other time.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I do a lot of yardwork and hang out by my pool. Lots of sun that way. I use a dark tan accelerator for about an hour or so then rinse it off and smoke cigars and drink Jack and diet Dr. Pepper all fvcking day long.

The Masters starts this week so for the next 5 days I'm going to be baking out poolside getting loaded and working on my backswing!

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went 3 times for 10 minutes each session for my first week. Now that I have my base I go twice a week one week and once the next week for 10 minutes a session. I bought this Banana Boat Tanning Oil w/ a SPF of 4 and it's accelerating my tanning so I can get away with only going once a week if I have to.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with the skin cancer and premature wrinkles.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the time I get wrinkles, I'll be married. Skin cancer? Like I said before, humans evolved from animals and earlier people that LIVED in the sun. I'll take it.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry so much about skin cancer, I reckon the risks are hyped up

wrinkles? well I'm the ONLY guy I know who uses a facial moisturiser, when I get older maybe I'll use wrinkle prevention stuff

I was gonna suggest using a moisturiser with fake tan but then again, that doesn't look too good

W

Winston Smith

blinkwatt said:
I went 3 times for 10 minutes each session for my first week. Now that I have my base I go twice a week one week and once the next week for 10 minutes a session. I bought this Banana Boat Tanning Oil w/ a SPF of 4 and it's accelerating my tanning so I can get away with only going once a week if I have to.
WE have about the same build but do different things. see my picture in sig.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Winston Smith said:
WE have about the same build but do different things. see my picture in sig.

I don't see a sig...

Must be skinnier than I thought:)

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you tan too often, your skin will age sooner than you want.