talking to ladies in front of parents - awkward?

nkh78h

Banned
Reaction score
Excuse my "AFC-ness" here, but I have a question for you guys. Does anyone else find it awkward to talk to ladies in front of your parents, or theirs?

I know that my parents don't mind me talking to girls, but I still find it very awkward to talk to girls in front of them. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Reaction score
Yes, I have the same problem, and that ackward feeling is an understatement of how that feels, especially if your mother is friends with the hot girl -- my mom talks with girls with ease and she is very extrovert while I'm usually introvert, but I sometimes really envy the good rapport she seems to have with girls which I cant seem to emulate. Also you get the feeling that you are hiding behind your mom or piggy-backing on your mom in that regard and you don't feel like "the man" that went up to a girl and approached her....so I get these feelings sometimes.

I think that perhaps there is some sort of conditioning where by if a man is under his mom/parents and is talking with a girl and she sees the family around that communicates that he is dependent on parents, and therefore loser....but perhaps that could be reading too much into things.

IM0001

Don Juan
Reaction score
well im on vacation atm and almost all women that im lookin at that might be single are with their parents. Atm im in a little slump i blame on being tired from the trip over and not getting my ass in gear and just start flirting it up. Usually what i used to do and it still seams to work, is just get in good with the parents so that they feel your less of a threat. then usually you can get passed on to your target without any issues for the most part. This is not a follproof method but it uually works unless the girl doesnt like guys that her parents like. So being on vacation and just around home might be a bit different.