Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Talking to girls at the gym...

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My apartment complex has a small gym, which I go to pretty frequently. Usually I am the only one there, but recently, this new HB started coming in.

AMAAAAZZZING body...

The first time I saw her was about 2 weeks ago. There were actually 3 other people in the gym, and she was on the treadmill with her headphones on.

I opted not to approach her as she sort of gave off a, "I do not want anyone talking to me vibe." Plus with the headphones on I thought it may be awkward.

Anyway, I saw her again on Sunday (same time as last week), and said, "hi". She smiled and said, "hi" back.
I chatted with her for a couple seconds (turns out she just moved in 2 floors below me)...but the conversation seemed odd...She seemed pretty focussed on her workout, and I did not want to be the typical "guy in the gym hitting on her". She also seemed "quiet"...like she was not being too freindly...or just really wanted to do her workout...or something.

I continued with my workout...she gave me the occasional glance.

Was going to go over to her again to get her name, but before I could, she was done. She made the effort to say goodbye...have a good day, etc. but honestly...I really felt like was not much I could do.

I'll probably see her tomorrow...and AT LEAST get her name for gods sake!

Anyone have experience at the gym? Seems sort odd, like I am intruding on someone's personal space and workout.

geeez...

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tantric said:
My apartment complex has a small gym, which I go to pretty frequently. Usually I am the only one there, but recently, this new HB started coming in.

AMAAAAZZZING body...

The first time I saw her was about 2 weeks ago. There were actually 3 other people in the gym, and she was on the treadmill with her headphones on.

I opted not to approach her as she sort of gave off a, "I do not want anyone talking to me vibe." Plus with the headphones on I thought it may be awkward.

Anyway, I saw her again on Sunday (same time as last week), and said, "hi". She smiled and said, "hi" back.
I chatted with her for a couple seconds (turns out she just moved in 2 floors below me)...but the conversation seemed odd...She seemed pretty focussed on her workout, and I did not want to be the typical "guy in the gym hitting on her". She also seemed "quiet"...like she was not being too freindly...or just really wanted to do her workout...or something.

I continued with my workout...she gave me the occasional glance.

Was going to go over to her again to get her name, but before I could, she was done. She made the effort to say goodbye...have a good day, etc. but honestly...I really felt like was not much I could do.

I'll probably see her tomorrow...and AT LEAST get her name for gods sake!

Anyone have experience at the gym? Seems sort odd, like I am intruding on someone's personal space and workout.

geeez...
The headphones on at the gym definitely says "don't bother me, I'm working out".

Which, from my viewpoint, is a good thing. She's at the gym to bust her @ss and focus on her workout, not show off her body for attention, or try to impress guys to boost her ego..

I'd say just keep doing what you are doing. If you see her cooling down after her workout, or between sets..be bold. Just approach her with a smile and introduce yourself like a man. Get the convo going.

Don't try any stupid pickup lines, get to know her..I say that because she lives in a close proximity to you.

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool...

I'll see if she is there today when I work out...let you know if there is any progress...

:)

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I usally play this very cool, you did the right thing a few Hi's and goodbyes then at some point you will get to chat more. Maybe invite some friends over for drinks one night and go up to her and say since your new would you like to come over and meet some new people and have a few drinks/****tails, or tease her for never lifting and just doing cardio. Just Smile, look good, and it will all come together, Be postive my friend

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
The headphones on at the gym definitely says "don't bother me, I'm working out".

Which, from my viewpoint, is a good thing. She's at the gym to bust her @ss and focus on her workout, not show off her body for attention, or try to impress guys to boost her ego..
Although I can agree with this to an extent, the fact remains that women enjoy attention from men they percieve to be attractive (whatever form that may take at any given time). She may not be actively trying to get anyone's attention (on this occasion at the gym), but make no mistake, she knows how attractive she is and the work in the gym is to improve/preserve this to "attract men". The end goal isn't frozen in time during this process.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are in an ideal position here. She lives in the came complex and she is a regular gym workout chick. THis situation is similar to working with a HB but BETTER .
You have TIME on your side her -she lives there !
Just be cool and trust your gut to approach when the moment is right.

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yikes!!!

Well...

Go figure I "just" got home from taking the dog out, and in she comes through the lobby with her chihuhua. She says, "oh, look who it is" (though i think she was talking to her dog in ref. to my dog)...and just as I am about to walk over to her, my fvcking ROOMMATE comes around the corner and, starts talking to me. no chance to talk to her, so she probably thinks she was my GF...

that sucked...

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The I-Pod is killing the pick-up game at the gym.
And most other places.

I remember hearing an attractive woman say that the Ipod was a "life saver" on the Boston subway system. "Guys can't understand that I'm not taking the Blue Line at 8 am to meet the man of my dreams. I already have a bf."

Of course, I asked how she met him, and she just blushed and stammered (turns out he walked up and started talking to her at a bus stop. :rolleyes: )

But anyways, attraction means being the right guy AT THE RIGHT TIME. Those women with the Ipod or cell phone to their ears (for 30 minutes without talking), they wouldn't have been receptive to you anyways, for whatever reason, and just would have found some other way to blow you off.