Taking a week off can make me shrink this much?

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took a week off weight training to rest my injured hand. ( i mignt need to rest more:( )

A friend of mine saw me today and said
"hey u shrunk. before u looked like a guy who works out, now you are just like everybody else":(

Is this nomral?
During the week I didnt touch weights at all..
oh crap I hope I can recover my lost size

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say your friend was bull****ting you. It is recommended that you take an entire week off every couple of months and let your body rest. There's no way you can suddenly shrink, you aren't a balloon dude.

Does your friend work out too? Maybe he's jealous of you trying to better yourself and is trying to put you off your game or something. If this isn't the case, i apologise, but some people would rather pull you back to the bottom than climb up to the top with you.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe it ws just a mental thing. him knowing you havent been working out and him expecting you to be smaller or something

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your muscles didnt utlize glycogen that your body had, either that or you didn't take in enough carbs so your muscle cells can size up when you usually take a week off

andyh

Don Juan
Reaction score
hell no you won't shrink in one week.
One week off now and then only helps your body to recover.
if you eat enough during this week you'll notice when you start to lift again that you actually have gained strenght. If you don't belive me go search a bodybuilding forum. they'll tell you it's importent for muscle growth that you take a couple of weeks off every year.

sorry for my bad english it's not my primary language.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by andyh
sorry for my bad english it's not my primary language.
You fooled me, then. :D

Anyway, I agree with the posts here, taking a week off isn't going to turn you into the "sloth" victim from
Se7en. In fact, you did a good thing.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should take a week off every six months or so, it's actually good for you, I recently did and if anything looked bigger cos I was more rested. You can't lose all you're muscles in a week that's just ridiculous.