Take good care of your Back

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe your Back is definitely one of the most important parts of your body you've got to take good care of daily. Your back can affect your physiology i.e. the way you carry yourself and your state of mind. Have you guys notice that most AFCs are always slumping instead of standing straight up? If you've got a habbit of slouching, you've definitely got to correct that. Stand up straight and put your head up and you will definitely notice your state changing.

A few good back work outs:

- Take yoga or try a couple of yoga poses.

The lean in squat: Be in a squat position and lean in against the wall for a good munite.

The jumping for joy: Put your head up, with your arms up as if you were riding a bicycle and jump around for a good munite or two while stretching your neck and shoulders in the process.

Take good care of your back and it will take good care of you.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, posture really affects your frame and influences the way others see and judge you.

The easiest way to take care of your back is to join a gym and use it. Sure you can throw your shoulders back with conscious thought, or you could lay down some muscle back there that will hold your back in the right position effortlessly.

Penkitten, your suggestion is a band-aid solution.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinal decompressions!

too lazy to fetcha link. look it up at stronglifts.com

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Penkitten, your suggestion is a band-aid solution.
its actually a rule at lots of places i ever worked at.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
its actually a rule at lots of places i ever worked at.
We had belts at a warehouse I worked in and were encouraged to use them but I never did. Like he said it is a band aid solution, I'd rather use proper technique, build up good back strength and not have to use a belt.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also let her be on top. (Old bad back excuse) It was JFKs favorite position.

Reaction score
Our back is the most critical - they call us a "vertebrae" species for a reason!!