Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

T.I.'s got it, Walt Whitman's got it, DO YOU?

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well alot of people in this forum ask questions which wonder why girls aren't attracted to them. So, this is a pseudo-article to explain how to be a man, the way I see it! I'll discuss the major inhibitors that

Part I: Intro

Looks aside, the average, non-AFC man really should be able to draw attraction from women, as it's natural. The key word there is "man." Age really has nothing to do with whether you are a boy or a man. Age is just a number; it is only the number of years you've had to learn to become a man. I've seen thirteen year olds come off towards ladies as "men" and alternatively, people in their twenties and thirties seen "men" who act like boys. Intellectual maturity doesn't have much to do with it either. You can still laugh at poop-jokes and be a man, I assure you. :D. If you pull ANYTHING from what I'm writing, pull out this (and I know its a little extreme, but it applies to what I'm trying to say here):

Girls, Ladies, Women, however the hell you want to call them, from the time they get interested in males, want MEN, not BOYS. You want to be a man.

Here is only ten of the thousands of examples of what a MAN is like:

*Able to command attention whenever he enters a room.
*Holds himself high, despite adversity.
*Stays confident (see this as a recurring theme throughout this site?)
*Leads women.
*Generally receives respect from all, although not everyone has to like him.
*Starts his own social circles, or is in a circle that perfectly matches who he is.
*Doesn't change for no one, neither another male, nor a b****.
*Doesn't get down from rejection, takes it as a learning experience, whether he learns he made a mistake, or if he learns that the girl he was gaming was a ho.
*Doesn't let women control him.
*(This is the most important one, and I'll explain why): Is a master of fear, and a master of what destiny he can control.

Part II: From Fear 2 Motivation

Now why did I say that being a master of fear is the most important feature of a man? Does it even matter coming from a lost and confused dude?

Fear is a natural instinct used for survival. It holds people back Fear rules the weak. Fear rules women, and boys. Men are masters of fear because they know when to give into fear and when to transform fear into motivation. Obviously, trying a backflip on concrete when you've never landed one in your life is a good opportunity to listen to fear, but in most other *reasonable* circumstances, fear is a great inhibitor for humans. But when you, say, approach a cute girl(sounds reasonable, doesn't it?), fear will often hold back the ones who haven't conquered it. To overcome fear is to rise up to the divine...to bypass artificial human limitations placed on yourself by yourself or others.

With this being said, how does one turn fear into motivation, or into something else that gives men an advantage? There are thousands of ways. People develop their own way to dispose of fear. For example, Neil Strauss, the author of The Game, uses the three-second rule, so he doesn't even give fear a chance to hold him back from talking to a girl.

I challenge you to come up with your own way of conquering fear, or as many people here call it, AA (approach anxiety). But I feel its more than approach anxiety. Fear can allow women to find a weakness in your character that allows them to be the dominant role in a relationship. Fear can stop you from making out or sexing that girl of your dreams.

Personally, fear recently stopped me from making out with this girl who I had been gaming for about a week, and she showed both great attraction and interest in me, but she had gone out with an AFC in order to see if I could step up to the plate as a man. She kept complaining to me about how he doesn't hold her and kiss her the way a real guy should, and when she gave me the chance when isolated, I backed down from kissing her. Fear won over me, and although it will still happen to me as I'm still on that road to becoming a man, I'll learn from that experience and it will make me better.

Now, I approach fear different than the way Neil Strauss does. Before every martial arts test, before every approach with a girl, before every fight. I begin by asking myself, "WHAT is holding me back?" I tell myself "Fear is holding me back. But not just fear, it is the idea that I might lose." Try visualizing fear as Bowser...blocking me (Mario) from the princess (the goal.) Of course, we all get the shaft from time to time (That fück1ng båstard toad who tells you that the princess is in another castle), but it only takes you to the next world, getting you closer and closer to that goal. Thus, I turn fear into motivation. The mere act of throwing fear to the side and moving on makes me harder (;) ho ho), better, faster, stronger lol. I said something like this in a thread where a guy asked for motivation:

Every cute girl you don't talk to because you're afraid, every opening you intentionally ignore from a girl, every time you don't make out with that hot babe whose into YOU, not your bro, makes ME a better DJ than YOU.

Being able to go through fear is only one of the steps to becoming a desirable man to women. I feel this is important enough to devote a whole section to it because some people live their whole lives being ruled by fear. An 80-year old "man" can die a failure because he didn't master fear like a *MAN* should.

(Part 3 on next post.)

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part III: Embrace your masculinity

For this section, I'll use two examples of real "men" who in my opinion embrace their masculinity, and I'll explain their success with women....women....thats what you're here for, rrrright?

The first example is a poem from Walt Whitman. If you saw the movie dead poets society, you've heard about this. But i'll approach it in a different light , that applies to us as aspiring DJs:

Walt Whitman said:
The spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me, he complains of my gab and my loitering.

I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.

The last scud of day holds back for me,
It flings my likeness after the rest and true as any on the shadow'd wilds,
It coaxes me to the vapor and the dusk.

I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at the first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.
Alright, I'll bypass all the transcendentalism and how we're all connected and going deeply into the poem...thats all right and good but it doesn't really help you out. However, you can learn from this poem in the light of a DJ. Look at the line I italicized. Look at it again. Read it a fourth time. Or, if you've been skimming through all the crap I've been writing, just read it. I'm not telling you to stand atop your roof naked yelling at the top of your lungs: "I'M A MAN!" However, I encourage you to do that internally. Imagine it. Embrace it. You should know what I mean. Do not be held back by fear (as I said before), or any external pressures from showing women that you really are a man. In our day and age, feminism rules, and wants us to be "equal." In doing this, it eliminates the meta-physical, almost sacred, bond between a MAN and a WOMAN as it assumes we're all the same. The media, your "education" (ironic, education from its roots mean to "lead out"), and perhaps even your parents, conform to this degradation of men. I'm not gonna go into it further, I'm sure you can find tons of threads about feminism and how it tries to make you less of a man. Now Walt here embraces his masculinity and is obviously not held back by any of these barriers of society! Approach girls as a MAN. Know what you want. Girls want to take advantage of boys, they want them as little teddy bears that they can talk to when MEN are making them upset. Approach them in a way that your own inner-man yells naked from atop Mt. Everest or somethin: IM A MAN, GøDDAMIT!" Don't let your inner-man be silenced. Touch a girl you just met on the shoulder. Approach a girl on the dance floor and ask her to dance. When shes grindin on you, hold her hips, hold her back, hold her arms, hold her legs...be close enough to her that she can smell your cologne or Axe or manliness. Boys dance with their women at an arms length apart. It should be something unexplainable: girls should be able to hear your inner-man echoing his yawp!

Walt Whitman, was apparantly reported to be homosexual. I'm not supporting those claims, I'm not denying them either. However, it is also noted that girls literally threw themselves at him. Wherever he went during the civil war, women were attracted to him. So embrace your inner Walt or inner man or inner whateverthehellyoucallit.

Heres another example. Some of you know him as Tip, some as T.I, and others as the king of the south. Heres the lyrics to one of his songs, of a different approach to the same idea of embracing masculinity (warning: explicit language used here):

T.I said:
[Intro]
Hey T.I.P pimpin
Hey shorty why you gotta act like that, I'm sayin
I'm just tryin to be nice to you

[T.I.]
Can't help but notice how you glowing, I can see in yo face
Now I just wonder if he know he close to being replaced
Swear I treat you like a queen you put me in his place
So you can give back his ring and the key to his place
Tell the nigga one thing that you need yo space
Selling niggaz is one thing you don't need to chase
I wanna kiss you everywhere between yo knees and waist
Hear the sounds that you makin, get yo knees to shake
Holla at me in the A, you feel you need to escape
I gotta mansion and a gate, you wit me you safe
A Benz, a Phantom and a truck wit 23's the case
600 Gz in the safe, how much cheese it take?
This a chance you need to take, ain't no need to wait
Say the word we can leave today, this song's special
And it feel like faith, make a mistake
How the same thing making you sad I'm making you stay

[Chorus]

[T.I.]
I can't touch you like that, and make you make you feel like
This
Holla if you came back and it's still like this
Do he hit it from the back and make you feel it yo chest
Take advantage of what your concealing in yo dress
What, he think he too fresh to show that you the best
Compliment you on your intellect and treat you wit respect
Give you sex till you sweat, tongue kissing on yo neck
It's been awhile since she got it like this I bet
I can tell you ain't just another ***** I met
Ain't nobody got me open like this, not yet
You confused ain't decided which way you should go yet
So how you keep sayin no with yo panties so wet

[Chorus]
[T.I.]
This nigga playing mind games man
I think the time came, that you mind changed you understand
Life is like a chess move, you need to make yo next move
Yo best move, keep it pimpin' you understand...hey
I mean you know what I'm sayin I don showed you how I feel
You know what I'm sayin, I put myself all the way out there you
Know
The ball in yo court man, but I just got a question for
You...
Is you happy??
I'm a huge fan of rap (woah who woulda thought a black dude likes rap), and one thing its taught me recently is something similar to that walt whitman example of embracing masculinity. Read the approaches in the lyrics. He tells the girl exactly what he wants to do with her. Now of course women don't want to come off as sluts, so you don't want to talk to them like that (or maybe you do, whatever works :D). But the lyrics speak for themselves, really. Approach women as a man. Be "untranslatable" in the words of W.W. Be that "escape" for women in the words of T.I. He's in house arrest right now, but I've got that feeling that the women are coming to HIM. :D. Embrace that masculinity. It will put you ahead of 50%, if not more, of all the other guys.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TI has that swag, he exudes confidence and thats a huge reason why hes successful

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do know that Walt Whitman was gayer than Richard Simmond's leotard right? ;)

Good post nonetheless! :box:

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah white pimp I actually mentioned that :D :

Walt Whitman, was apparantly reported to be homosexual. I'm not supporting those claims, I'm not denying them either. However, it is also noted that girls literally threw themselves at him.

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Solid post man.
Despite the THOUSANDS of "Be a man" threads out there, you've found a way to hit it home in a new light.
Definitely a good one.

Key elements to take away: DONT BE A ****ING P U S S Y!

Squiggly Sponge

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great tip... need to look up "swagger" in the dictionary :cool:

Another line from T.I. "You can't love yourself, you can't love nobody"

Fairly crude, but he knows his ****...

SayWord?

Don Juan
Reaction score
at first i thought you were talking about a plethora of guns

Gerard-890

Banned
Reaction score
Hey this is an excellent thread, I want to add more on the "Being a Man " portion.

You know guys, it's really simpler then we think but being a man is simply HAVING A LIFE.

Having goals and desires that you seek to accomplish, researching those areas, and tailoring your thoughts and belief processes in the right format in order to accomplish those goals.

Confidence is just another "thing" in the day of your life, because you are doing what you want to do, thus you are comfortable. How many people know that confidence is really just extreme comfort?

Now don't forget also, to add to this a very sexual outlook on life and embrace your sexuality, add that to your personality. Sexuality is important because not only does it make a woman sexually attracted to you but it also provides energy, better focus, a stronger and more healthier body, better internal states like peace and joy, sexuality brings all of those things that are way and above just obtaining sex.

So embrace your sexuality, have goals, tailor your life for your goals, and bring women into your "world" so to speak just for a ride. Don't GIVE them your world, just let a lot of them share in it. Now for course for a qualification lol, she must have a very positive attitude and a great body so that she will add to the "fun" of the moment so to speak.

Do that and you'll be fine. Plus also remember, our time with women should be enjoying the "individual moments" and making the best out of those instead of trying to WAIT for some magical day, let me tell you that day wont' come.

Enjoy the moments, live in those moments, I'll tell you what guys, it's the best feeling in the world.

What separates an AFC from a Don Juan, is the AFC lives in someone else's world, hides his sexuality, and tries to TIE women down in a long term relationship. The Don Juan lives in his own world, is very sexual, and takes women along for his own unique "ride." The entire altercation with the woman is nothing but a time filled with fun, laughter, sex, and excitement.

That's the Don Juan and that my friends, is YOU.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mario metaphor = instant win :p

Good post. I enjoyed the part about fear the most.

coolandcalm718

Reaction score
Hey this kid is real smart for a 17 year old, let us give him some congrajulation punches. I'm 19 but I wish I understood that at 17.

Fear difinitely holds a man back from many things, and approaching a female of some interest is a big one.

Fear as motivation is also very real, It will get you through a firefight in a combat situation, just like it could propel a Man to attract women through a bold act.

Fear should be eliminated but also utilized to your advantage. Hey just imagine being in a country, where Guys hold hands, and the women are covered up from head to toe!!! Never to know sexual pleasures. That is Ira fellas.

Bottom line: Your in America the land of plenty of P^ssy so take advantage.

P.S.-Keep up the good work kid. :rockon:

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Good post and I agree about fear.

Fear of the unknown is what holds us back. I've noticed when I have challenged that fear, I grow more confident (e.g. sticking up for myself, public speaking classes in college). I have seriously thought about flinging myself out of a perfectly good airplane to increase confidence (though I really have no desire to do it).

Thinking back, World War II turned alot of boys into men.

My great uncle was a paratrooper in WWII and fought in numerous countries and saw some bad stuff.

His first weekend home he met his future wife (whom was engaged to another man). I guarantee the confidence he gained from overcoming fear had alot to do with it.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also not just afraid in general...but afraid of not getting the girl. The fear part is wonderful!