Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

swimming

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you know which swimming strokes use which muscles and which stroke is best for developing your pecs?

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
have you ever seen a swimmer with a huge muscular chest?
Body builder huge? no, i haven't, but yes swimmers do have decent sized pecs, i think you need to realise that this is health and fitness and not bodybuilding. You cant asume that every person who mentions muscles wants to become some body builder. Im just trying to furhter improve my body, i dont want to get huge.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and you need to can that attitude of yours, kiddo.

I'm trying to make you think for yourself - are there any swimmers with muscular chests? yes? good - find out which strokes THEY do. some strokes will be better than others I guess.

find out what people you want to emulate are doing and do that. you're gonna get lots of opinions on here - best way to find out is practical life experience:

people should learn to make observations and draw conclusions - mr x eats far too many carbs and is fat, what does that tell you? mr y does slag heavy deadlifts and has huge traps even though he's never touched a shrug in his life? what does that tell you? etc

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Breast stroke will develop your pecs some....but not that much. I primarilly do the front crawl and it will develop your lats and back nicely.

I like swimming as it alleviates carpel tunnel syndrome for me.

fan27

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swimmers will do many diffrent strokes because there are diffrent events requireing diffrent strokes, and they may even work out aswell so Im not sure if thats going to work, thou i may just tyr out diffrent strokes and see what muscle groups hurt from each stroke.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should swim as a form of cardio, not as a basis for gaining mass. It's a good way to get a low impact cardio excersise but it's not going to get you huge. I'm actually starting to swim like 5 laps (up and back is one) after I get done with my weight training in the morning to help burn some excess fat and it's good for your heart. Don't hold your breath (no pun intended) if you're planning on trying to get big from the pool though. The best way to do that was and always will be weight resistance training.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Breaststrokers used to be pretty muscular before the stroke got technically advanced and smooth. Butterfly is good if you're a very skilled swimmer, but otherwise I'd just stick to crawl as a form of cardio and work on your pecs in the weight room.