Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Swimming causes injury?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard from several people/friends that using swimming as a workout IS affective and good, but creates injuries after a while... can anyone here that has experienced this or know 1st hand of people "injuring" themselves from swimming too much elaborate on this for me?

I have decided that I want to start swimming on a regular basis as a form of working out, but will I regret it in the long run?

Laterz...

note.the.smoke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to swim 5 times a week (2 hour sessions) and rarely picked up and injury.

I know some ppl hu train 10 times a week.

Swimming to probably one of the safest sports regarding injuries as its very difficult to pick them up. List of my injuries over 9 years of training:

-Cramp
-pulled muscle
-brusied heals (tumble turned 2 near the wall...)
-broken finger (slammed it into the lane rope)

thats about it really..

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to hurt yourself in swimming UNLESS you've been doing it for awhile. Both of my brother's shoulders will require reconstructive surgery at some point in the future due to a stroke defect he had when he was a wee one that he carried over post-puberty. Think about how many miles swimmers log on their shoulders and compare it to distance runners - I bet the injury level is about the same, just to different parts of the body. But if you swim for fitness you probably won't be in any jeopardy.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh ffs

Originally posted by doctoroxygen
It's hard to hurt yourself in swimming UNLESS you've been doing it for awhile. Both of my brother's shoulders will require reconstructive surgery at some point in the future due to a stroke defect he had when he was a wee one that he carried over post-puberty. Think about how many miles swimmers log on their shoulders and compare it to distance runners - I bet the injury level is about the same, just to different parts of the body. But if you swim for fitness you probably won't be in any jeopardy.
Thats rather disturbing to me... erffffffffffff! aahh, f*ckit, u can never win when it comes to working out... blah!

thanx for thre replies...

Laterz...

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
depends, you msut balance out your strokes, as most require chest muscles over back.. the imbalance will cause tendonitis of the shoulders. similar thing happened to me lsat year when i did not know how to train properly.