Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sweaty Palms

Status
Not open for further replies.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have sweaty palms all the time, it really sucks my sweaty palms and my acne are the 2 biggest and probably only things that make my confidence so so low. Now, before any of you guys start, it isnt like my hands sweat only when Im nervous, they just sweat more then. But they sweat and I could be just watching TV or writhing a paper and they sweat. It makes it hard for me to shake anyones hand because they sweat so much, let alone hold a girls hand. They are even sweating a bit now as Im typing this. I don't know what to do because I know touching and holding hands is a big part of a relationship, and it just holds me back even more from making friends or meeting a woman. Anyone else on this board have this problem? If so has it affected your life at all, do you have problem with meeting people and women? Again I must say This isnt just a little problem that my hands are sweaty when im near girls but they sweat even when im not nervous or anything! Can someone please help somehow?

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
used to happen to me til i got over some confidence issues. if you're just talking to someone, it doesn't matter because they're not touching your hands and they cant see the sweat. if you're about to touch someone, just wipe/rub your hands on your clothing.

really though, it sounds like your unconfortable socially and you're perspirating over it.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dirtyvibe
If you're about to touch someone, just wipe/rub your hands on your clothing.

really though, it sounds like your unconfortable socially and you're perspirating over it.
sometimes wiping them isnt enough cause they still feel clamy, and they dont sweat only when im in public, they can sweat if im in a room by myself while typing or writing a paper

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sometimes its not a confidence issue....it really isnt. My hands sweat if im feeling like the biggest playa in the world, or if im feeling like a little pvssy which doesnt happen often, but they still sweat. I mean right now as Im typing this my hands are sweaty, does that mean im intidated by my computer or something? no....i have not really done anything about it, except for trying to rub antitranspirant in my hands but that doesnt work. so if somebody has some real cures please let us know.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
sometimes its not a confidence issue....it really isnt. My hands sweat if im feeling like the biggest playa in the world, or if im feeling like a little pvssy which doesnt happen often, but they still sweat. I mean right now as Im typing this my hands are sweaty, does that mean im intidated by my computer or something? no....i have not really done anything about it, except for trying to rub antitranspirant in my hands but that doesnt work. so if somebody has some real cures please let us know.
Exactly! someone understands what I mean, how do you handle it undesputable? Does it affect your dating life at all? Do you hold a girls hand while your hand is sweaty or do you not hold hands at all?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely consider the self confidence thing but in the mean time you can swipe a bit of a solid antiperspirant on your palms every now and then. You may even want to consider carrying around one of those travel size antiperspirant sticks that you can get from Target for $0.69.

rswarren

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your palms are sweating profusely for a large portion of the day it could be a serious medical issue.

Look it up on google or see a doctor.

Otherwise its just nervousness

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sort of seem like an 18 year old dude that just sweats a lot. Do you get sweaty pretty fast when you work out? Maybe your body has a really high metabolism. I used to get really sweaty really easily when I was your age, but my body has matured a little since then.

Also, about your acne, I dunno if this will work for you, but eating a diet rich in vegetables and low in greasy food, along with using natural health food store cosmetics as facial cleansers has almost completely cleared up my acne. I use this organic green tea/ tea tree extract stuff called "Desert essence" and a mint julep mud masque by Queen Helene, both of which I bought at Whole Foods. Cleared my bad skin right up.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Serialized3
You sort of seem like an 18 year old dude that just sweats a lot. Do you get sweaty pretty fast when you work out?
No I dont, and now that you mention it I just thought that everytime i exercise my face never sweats my arms, back, chest, and hands will sweat but never my face.

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Definitely consider the self confidence thing but in the mean time you can swipe a bit of a solid antiperspirant on your palms every now and then. You may even want to consider carrying around one of those travel size antiperspirant sticks that you can get from Target for $0.69.
That doesnt help but thanks anyway

Originally posted by rswarren
If your palms are sweating profusely for a large portion of the day it could be a serious medical issue.

Look it up on google or see a doctor.
You know I think I heard of some condition where a persons hands sweat alot but it requires costly surgery to fix it and the surgery doesnt always work either

Vincent Freeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am actually a med school student and I also at times have the same problem. However, mine only occurs when I am nervous. Anyway, what I have gathered regarding that condition is that it's normal in the sense that it's not a serious medical condition, just something your kind of born with. Nonetheless, unfortunately there is nothing you can really do about it since it deals with your nervous system and it's sympathetic trigger to the integumentary system. There are surgical options, but they are really expensive. A treatment that I have heard to help is applying baby powder to your hands. However, I DON'T suggest you do it EVERYDAY since sweating is an important way for your body to remove toxins you are exposed to daily (since this stuff causes your pores to clog). Thus save it for when you go on a date, but like I said, it's definitely not suggested to use everyday. Hope this was of some help.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man, but the baby powder doesnt work well either it may work for a little bit, but it stops working quick and its amazing to see how much a person touches cause the first time i tried baby powder it was everywhere, on my clothes and other things.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just try regular hand lotion. Remember that sweating is also the bodies way of preventing dry skin. By keeping your hands moisturised you'll naturally sweat less on 'em.

I also did this for my face, which was very oily. I bought a facial moisturiser for men, and it really did help... it also helped my acne. Remember that acne hates oxygen. And since water is H2O, be sure to keep that face moisturised. :)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.