supplements & more.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a very skinny guy, I started slowly working out a few weeks ago, and i've began learning more about weight training, dieting, etc. I'm about to start my new diet with the next paycheck, but I was wondering what kind of supplements should I take with it, vitamins, protein shakes, etc.

I'm looking to bulk up, and I don't have a problem spending a lot of money on the best stuff available. What are the BEST protein powders, the BEST brands, vitamins, etc. that I need to be taking.

Also what are your guys opinions on growth hormones such as this

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That "Growth Hormone" is a waste of cash. The only supplements you need are whey protein (anyone will do, try to buy it in bulk), multivitamin and some flaxseed oil, the rest should all come from food.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
That "Growth Hormone" is a waste of cash. The only supplements you need are whey protein (anyone will do, try to buy it in bulk), multivitamin and some flaxseed oil, the rest should all come from food.

This is excellent advice IMO... as a beginner remember... you gotta put in the elbow grease to get the results. Eat well, train harder and remember fitness = 75% diet!!! If you don't eat, you won't grow... simple as that! As a skinny guy I'd seriously pack in as much good food as possible and wouldn't hesitate to eat too much crap depending on your activity level and your metabolism.

Get good clean calories, eat every 2.5-3 hours and make protein the cornerstone of every meal! Good luck!