Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Super Squats! - Getting Serious

TheTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Still have a problem with fat? Do some high intensity cardio. That low intensity stuff doesn't do as well as high intensity. Sure, more % of fuel comes from fat in low intensity, but more fat VOLUME is burned when doing high intesity.
sounds good in theory but doesnt work good with with 3x widowmaker's/week in regards to regeneration DOES IT

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Still have a problem with fat? Do some high intensity cardio. That low intensity stuff doesn't do as well as high intensity. Sure, more % of fuel comes from fat in low intensity, but more fat VOLUME is burned when doing high intesity.
Well to be honest I don't have that much of a problem with fat right now. What you say is true, HIIT burns fat much more post workout then you burn at the same amount of time of slow steady cardio. But to be honest I don't want to punish my legs anymore by doing fast sprints in between workouts. It's three leg days a week and I can feel that's just a line under overtraining as it is. Thanks for the tip though.

Mr.Ruckus: Progress has all to do with what you do. Maybe you have a tough time putting up numbers on the squat or you do things the wrong way for you.

However I think a widowmaker routine (adjusted to your recovery rate) with very good diet will kick start any program and break plataeus (sp?). As I see it doing high rep squats are often superior to doing fewer reps. Most people perform the squat wrong and use their lower back too much or just bend their back, swing with hips or whatever, alltough it's not wrong to use the back it will change the purpose of the lift. Doing higher rep will allow for people to use more of their leg strength, save themselves from burning out their CNS by going to low rep failure all the time and most importantly: it's easier to use better form!

If you haven't tried higher reps on the squats or deadlifts then try it out for a couple of months and see if you respond better to it. Higer reps definatly works better for me. =)

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're a strong b!tch lifey, and those legs. I need endurance like that. I've been goin low volume for so long I don't think I can count past 5..... Unless it's a widowmaker. ;)

need a black tshirt:

"DC Training
Widowmaker Club #20"

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
very goood! I'd love to see a current picture of you so we can see in 6 weeks, or whenever you're done, how you look.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On my 'half squats' (just going to parallel) i went from about 275- 350 in about 2 months. I'm guessing your progression is a little slow, but then again, I've never done widowmaker squats.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Pictures One Week into Program

Here are some pics so everyone can compare if I made any change or not. thanks for the tip Jippiii

Def bigger than me.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i did squats again today, i bet i'm going to be spitting out every cuss word in the world tomorrow when i get out of bed.

feel the burn! :D

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*sings* Lifeforce isssss... the warriorrr-errr!

heard that song on the radio yesterday and it's stuck in my head...

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Found this Arnie Quote, thought you'd like it:

"Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well , Good to see you back Life , great to see you back on track with the weights since for me i;ve injured my Acl , stayed at home like 6 weeks , stopped training ofcourse so i know how does it feel to lose muscles that you have working out hard and lose all the diet routines , discipline , total change and starting new .....

I m half-way thru that max-ot you recommended me nce since long but in this stage or phase im very bored of reading any bbuilding material but still i want to make a program , 3 month program , diet 3 every 3 hour but i have a major problem that im still doing the physio-therapy sessions . that means i can only work my upper body till maybe thr 5th of june...so it's downhill for me these days ...what would you say Lf?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got back I'm exhausted!

Day 6 Week 2

Incline Db presses 17(10,4,3)x27 kg / 59 Lbs +some reps
60 seconds stretch w/ 19 kg db (OUCH!)
Biceps Curls 14(9+3+2)+37.5 kg
60 seconds biceps stretch

Squats 10x93.5 kg
Squats 10x93.5 kg
Arms died before legs. I think it is due to the chest stretch (or I did 98.5 kg and miscalculated the weights)

Day 1 Week 3

Military presses 14-15 (8or9/3/3)x50 kg +2.5 kg/5 lbs
deltoid extreme stretch! 60 seconds
Skull crushers 14(10,3,1)x42.5 kg 93.5 lbs +2 reps
*Bent over Rows 10x62.5 kg 137 lbs +2.5 kg/5 lbs
**Lat pulldowns 8/3/1x80 kg 176 lbs

Widowmaker 20x96 kg 211 lbs +2.5 kg/5 lbs

* Felt my back acting up for a split second so I dropped the weight right there, had two or three reps left in me.
** I think it's due to doing triceps before lat pulldowns... I felt alot in the lats so it doesn't matter.

Comments

Felt pretty good to hit an all time PR for once. The 20x96 kg ATG squat is a PR for me. =) The last three reps were killing me, screamed them up. I think doing 3 widowmakers a week just is too much, feels like I am overtraining a little so I'll probably only do 2.5 like I did this week. 20x98.5 kg next time. :/

Skilla: Thanks man. About the squats, do you mean me or mrruckus or both?

Reyalp! I hope the squats really ripped your legs apart and the peopel in the gym shuddered away in fear as you screamed "up **** you mother****ing ******* I will ****in **** until you ***** mother*****!!!!!!!!" ;) Lol, watched pumping iron lately?

Jippii! Thanks alot dude.. I love animalpak, awesome motivationpics, I'll print them out and put on the wall next to my computer.

Hey HB_Hunter, it's been a while. Sorry to hear about your injury, there's no more thing annoying then to get an injury so you can't work out. I don't really know what to say man, I don't think I'm the right guy to give advice about this. Just take it extremly easy and avoid straining the injured part. Use common sense. And I hope you get better.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, i wasn't cursing while i was squatting today, but i was shaking like a leaf when i was trying to finish my last few chin-ups. my arms are going to be killing me tomorrow!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The wonderful chin-up. The_trader loved that exercise. :) Happy soreness then in your arms. How much did you manage on the chin-up?

TheTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
i like the picture with the shirt on, chest looks really good too with the shirt on. you are even more tanned than me, what has the world come to! legs dont need further commenting but the PR does 20x96 - gratulations man. 2,5 times per week sounds better, remember it's called widowmaker.

haha yeah i loved the chinups, still kinda do - but they don't love me back anymore. 5reps yesterday, at least better than my usual 3. 4 sets of 3reps 64kg decline bp. 10x,10x,10x,8x on squats 34kg gonna increase to 44kg probably when i can walk like a normal person again. just to keep you a bit updated - damn need to take picture tomrrowz

edit: ever had ON cookies&cream?

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just did 3 sets of 8, +70lbs assistance, neutral grip. i'm such a weakling compared to 3 years ago, it's sickening :)

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lifey! wtf happened to you? get your ass into the squat rack and tell us what's going on.