Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Summer Bootcamp 2012 Enrolling Now

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The past two days, I got a total of 9 convos, 5 yesterday and 4 today since my summer school just started. I talked to a couple girls that I ran into from last week's challenge and talked to them for about 2 mins (I counted this both of them as just one) and there was a cutie next to them. I talked to her for a good 5-6 mins and I number closed. She seemed a bit shy, but we had a good conversation about her heritage and stuff, I thought I did good.

After that, I talked to this one chick who was a good 8, but she was on the phone. We talked about what she was shopping for and whatnot and the conversation only lasted about 2-3 minutes, it pretty much went downhill after she mentioned her bf (who she was actually talking to on the phone when I interrupted :eek: ).

I then ran into a guy from my school that I haven't seen in like 3 years. Talked to him for about 5 mins, but he was in a hurry to get somewhere, to think that I would not have ran into him if it was not for this boot camp.

Later that day, I went out to a party for family and friends and I talked it up with random people, but since I see them about once every month or so, it didn't really count for me.

The 4 that came from today was from my summer class that is four hours long :down: but comes with breaks to walk around and talk to peeps. Some pretty girls in there but no bombshells or anything, I just spent the conversations building up rapport. I should number close one or two of em.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bcolon said:
@BPH: good to see Delawarean here! I'm one myself! Nice to meet ya man.

This is weeks 2 challenge/lesson

Week #2 - Initiating Conversations With Strangers

In lesson #1, we learned how to convey confidence and approach strangers with a simple hi... Now we will practice small conversations (2-10 minutes) with ten strangers.

Expected time to complete reading and exercises: 3 - 7 Hours

I'm about to get started. I don't know what Impact is doing.
Reading Material

This conversation stuff really works! by meathead http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000924.html

The number one rule of a conversation is to talk about the other person (the person you’re talking to). By doing this, and having that person talk about herself, you will be perceived as a great conversationalist.

How to be a better conversationalist by Poet http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000235.html

A few quick tips on initiating and maintaining a conversation. Geared more towards a girl you are interested in, but can easily be modified to work on any person.

Pimpology 101: The Conversation - Parts I – III by Pimpologist http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000586.html http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000601.html http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000609.html

Here’s a basic outline for approaching someone, initiating conversation, and establishing rapport.

Pimpolgy 101: Connecting Through Understanding and Relating – Part I by Pimpologist http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001277.html

An excellent post on having a fun and interesting conversation with anyone… a conversation that the person will really appreciate and enjoy.

Guide to Listening by Sociopath31 http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000715.html

What differentiates a rambler from a good conversationalist is the ability to be a good listener. This is a skill that very few people have, but which everyone appreciates. Here are some tips to becoming a better listener.

Fine tune your sense of humour by JuanWannabe http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000397.html

Let’s face it, a sense of humor is a Godsend. People want to be around people that can make them laugh. Now you’ll learn how to get your humorous and fun side out of the closet, and make the world a better place!

Exercises

Alright, so you’ve read the posts above, and you know have an understanding of how to approach people and start a conversation. Now, it’s time to do it!

Your mission is to go out and have short conversations (2 – 10 minute each in length) with 10 strangers. You can talk to them about anything, and you can talk to any person whom you have never spoken to before. You’ll find that it might feel a little awkward in the beginning to talk to strangers for any length of time… but after the first couple of times you’ll find that it’s actually a wonderful feeling. You’ll really get a rush out of this.

Also, keep in mind that most people want to meet other people and have conversations with them, but are just too shy or insecure. So in fact, you will be doing a huge favor to those people whom you decide to hold a conversation with. Plus, I’ll bet you’ll learn new things from them, and maybe even make a couple of new friends. And in this phase of the Boot Camp, don’t let yourself feel limited to speaking to only girls… speak with anyone you want!

In fact, if you’re a bit apprehensive about talking to people, you can start out with those people who are easier for you to approach. For me, this is senior citizens, since I’ve found that most of them love talking with anyone who would give them half an ear, and I’ve found them to be very interesting conversationalists.

After each conversation, write down in your journal what you thought of the conversation, and appx. the length of the conversation (estimate if you don’t have a watch). Once you complete this lesson, post your results, plus the topic of your most interesting conversation, and anything else you wish to share.

You have until this Friday (JUNE 15) to complete this lesson. Also, make sure you keep on practicing the skills learned in the first lesson (e.g., you can practice establishing eye contact with someone, saying Hi, and going into a conversation. However, initial eye contact or a Hi is not a requirement before initiating a conversation).

Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3 second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person.

Good luck recruits, we are kicking ass!

oscarxp25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Done

This was simple for me. Good luck to those who are still doing this.

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
I missed the beginning of this.. Anyone interested in starting a new forum with new teams and start next week? Monday the 18th.. heck or start this Friday..

Reaction score
2 conversations done. I had a short conversation with the receptionist at my gym today, I was kind of drained and didn't really feel like approaching but I remembered the bootcamp and got my behind in there.
The second conversation I had was with a store clerk at a local gas station, I noticed that the girl had braces and I told her how i thought it was cute. Eight more to go!

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet James Jones said:
2 conversations done. I had a short conversation with the receptionist at my gym today, I was kind of drained and didn't really feel like approaching but I remembered the bootcamp and got my behind in there.
The second conversation I had was with a store clerk at a local gas station, I noticed that the girl had braces and I told her how i thought it was cute. Eight more to go!
Nice. How are you doing now?

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's obviously not much activity on this thread, I wonder how you guys are doing with week 2.

I finished the exercise - I had actually 12 conversations, all with girls though. Most of them were approaches on the street, a few just happened to be next to me while I was waiting and I started talking to them. It's liberating to just talk to girls without any goal in mind, I mean at least for this bootcamp. I have to be honest though, I was not really getting out of my comfort zone here. It's not that much of a big deal to talk to people for me.

3 of the girls that I approached reacted badly, either telling me to f''' off or showing completely no interest. With two of them I persevered and probably got out of my comfort zone a bit, but still I have to push further - break the limits of what is socially acceptable.

In the process I managed to get a number and could probably get another one, but decided not to ask, as I was not that interested in her anyway.

My issue at the moment is that I keep comparing the girls that I meet with my ex, which I loved and am not completely over her. That kills my interest, or maybe I was not approaching girls that are hot enough.

Most of my approaches were direct, not very fun or exciting, as my state is not that high mostly because of my recent breakup. I still need to find a way to get over my ex.

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
Impact said:
Most of my approaches were direct, not very fun or exciting, as my state is not that high mostly because of my recent breakup. I still need to find a way to get over my ex.
Even though i missed the start date.. I've still been trying myself with interactions with girls. I realized that the girl I'm getting over had made me insecure with myself and that made it hard to talk to other girls. But since I implemented NC... I've feeling so much better about myself and that has brought a lot of my confidence back. I'm randomly talking to girls more.. had gotten two numbers this week, one today.. and I can tell when I'm talking to them the gleam in their eye.. They are glad I approached. I'm able to make them laugh and work my charm.

It's the thoughts of the chick I'm getting over no longer sleeping with me and banging other guys that makes me sick... and I still run through my head from time to time.. I was so attracted to her and had onitis that I have a huge open wound currently.. I do know when I'm out and about with other people and talking to other girls def helps. I think I just need to find a new girl to sleep with and that may help. There will be times it will just hit me and i just sit there with a 1000 yd gaze dwelling on it.. But since I have implemented NC it def has gotten better not having to frusteration of highs and lows with her.. And slowly working on phazing her out. I've been working on myself a lot more and thinking of big things I want to do.. Study abroad in Australia in the Spring, and get a crotch rocket (should up my points with chicks by a lot).. I've been hitting the weights harder at the gym too.

I'm on NC day 6.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
headFirst said:
I'm on NC day 6.
NC = no contact, right?

Actually, I haven't contacted her for a long time, just congratulated her on her bday in may and that was it. But now she posted some pics with her new bf on fb and it kinda made me feel bad about a lot of stuff. With her, she was really hot, she would have done everything for me, but somehow I wasn't ready for commitment and I had the feeling that I'm missing out on stuff (girls, parties) if I'd continue dating her, so our relationship deteriorated gradually, mostly because I was neglecting her. There's a dose of regret honestly, she was the hottest and coolest girl I've been with, so it's not easy now, all other girls just don't make the cut somehow. Ha ha, it is a really bad oneitis.

Actually, what helps is imagining myself sleeping with 10 other girls. I have a MILF f'''buddy, but it's really unpleasant at times to f''' an old lady, even if she's good looking, when I remember the fine ass that I had...

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
Impact said:
she was the hottest and coolest girl I've been with, so it's not easy now, all other girls just don't make the cut somehow. Ha ha, it is a really bad oneitis.

That's my problem too, she was a hot piece of ass, and really fun to be around.. So I def know what you are going through. It's funny "her" bday was in May as well.

Yes NC = No contact. I did that purely for the reasons you just described. I don't want to see pictures of her having fun (this is why I removed her from facebook) and I don't want those up and down days anymore where I analyze every text from her or facebook comment.. Wondering if she is taking interest in me and things are going well, then suddenly i get the cold shoulder again.. I couldn't take it.

Also, I'd always be tempted to look at her fb page.. see her tagged in new pictures, and see her going to some new event back at the UNiversity thinking yea shes gonna sleep with some frat guy that night.. Then when that weekend comes... that's all im thinking about. It's insanity man. Full NC is rough but I realize it was a good solution for me even though I still care a ton for her.

I'd honestly recommend you do the same at this point.

Reaction score
I've only done one other conversation, its too hot where i live to do much. Going to the movies with some friends later on tonight so i should get the rest of them done. I know what you mean about the girl, i think we have all been in that situation. The thing is that after a while of going NC you become desensitized and after a while you WILL forget about her.

Reaction score
Just got back from the movies,I saw Rock of Ages....kinda lame. Anyways I had 2 conversations while i was there, one with the ticket girl about how empty the theater was even though there were two midnight premieres...kinda boring girl though. The second conversation was with the manager who was taking the tickets, she was sending us in the wrong direction and i told her that if we had problems finding the right room id call her (her phone was on the table in front of her).

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Boot Camp Week 3

Alright... we're in our third week now!!!

After completing last week's lesson, you should now be much more comfortable speaking with strangers. This is a powerful skill that will serve you for years to come in many areas of your life. Now, let's take this skill to the next level...

Purpose of this lesson: At this point, we now have learned to maintain eye contact and greet and hold brief conversations with strangers.

Now, for this week, we are going to hold conversations with strangers, but this time the strangers will be women we would consider dating. This is the final step before we go for a number close, and by the time this week is over, we will be even closer to our goals!

Reading Material

1. How to cut down on your rejection rate by 99% by Jake Steed http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001056.html

Here's a quick and simple strategy for approaching girls. By following this strategy you'll know before approaching a girl if she would be interested in talking with you.

2. A simple and practical guide to an approach by Adonis http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000490.html

The title says it all... Here's a simple guide for approaching a girl. Even includes an excellent tip for approaching a girl when she's with a group of friends.

3. Overcoming FEAR is easy when you know how... by Robert Jordan http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000043.html

You see a girl you want to approach... but, what's this? Fear is preventing you from making the next move. Don't let that fear get in your way!

Additional Readings: Go through the reading material from the second week, as they will apply to this lesson.

Music Picks by TheRockStar (Songs to get you into the theme of the lesson).

ZZTop - Tush

ZZTop - Sharp Dressed Man

Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman

Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls

Blink 182 - The Rock Show

Ben Folds Five - Julianne

Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights

Bob Seger - You'll Accomp'ny Me

Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine

AC/DC - TNT

Motley Crue - Same Ol' Situation

Exercises

While last week we went out and spoke with ten strangers, male or female, young or old, this time our weekly exercise is to go and hold a short conversation (2 – 10 minute each in length) with women that you would normally be interested in dating.

Now, this may seem a little daunting for some people. But when you stop and think about it, there really is no difference between a drop-dead gorgeous babe and middle-aged guy, at least when it comes to holding a brief conversation.

To be successful, just keep everything in perspective... humans are humans. Do this and you won't have any more trouble with this lesson than you did with the one from last week.

Also, in addition to the reading material from this week, you might want to refresh on the reading material from last week since they will be just as useful.

After each conversation, write the results in your journal. After completing the assignment, report back to this message thread and share with us one or two of your encounters.

You have until this Friday, June 22th, to finish this lesson. As well, keep on practicing the skills you learned in the previous two lessons, so that you don't lose them.

And don't forget the 3 second rule discussed in the previous lesson. You'll find that it will be ten time more powerful now, since it will force you to overcome the fear that often develops when you think too much about approaching an attractive girl. Here's a copy-and-paste of the 3 second rule from last week...

"Also, a tip that might help you with this lesson, and the next few lessons, is the 3 second rule (You can find it on ASF). What this means is that when you find someone you might be interested in approaching, don't give yourself more than 3 seconds from the moment you are able, to approach them. Anything longer than 3 seconds highly increases the chance that your nerves will work against you, and that you'll chicken out. Even if you have nothing planned to discuss with them, you'll find that you'll amazingly have something to say if you can only force your feet to propel you to the person."

Okay DJs, let's keep up the momentum. We're getting closer and closer!

Master of the Universe

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK guys, I'm going to the beach for the next 3 days (till Sunday), I'll report when I come back.

Can someone update the list with who's in for week 3? (I have to go now)

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some affirmations which I read before going out, maybe they'll help:

1. THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF BEAUTIFUL, INTERESTING AND SEXY GIRLS EVERYWHERE
2. 5% OF ALL MEN HAVE SEX WITH 95% OF ALL WOMEN
3. "If men knew all that women think, they'd be twenty times more daring." Alphonse Karr
4. You have to meet women to have any chance of fvcking them.
5. Most women are not *****es. They are only *****es to you if you approach the wrong way!
6. The peak moments in life, is when you challenge yourself!
7. Right now, there are thousands of beautiful girls having sex with broke, bald or ugly guys that did not let appearance limit their experience in this world.
8. Statistically, you're more likely to be REJECTED then to be ACCEPTED. So how do you become more and more accepted and have lots of girls? It is when you increase your trying so much that the acception rate satisfies you and you don't notice the rejections.
9. True seduction isn't calculation or painful discipline, it is the same as with everything that makes a success: A Passion for Life
10. If you make her think about sex, she won’t give a **** about who is fvcking her!

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh! I got busy with school and internships, the bootcamp slipped my mind. I got through week 2, but now I need a full 10 conversations by tomorrow... But I'll still keep up with you guys even if I'm not officially in it! :box: