Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Summer Bootcamp 2012 Enrolling Now

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
I might fail the first week simply because there's complications on me going back the the US from Japan and I won't have too many opportunities to do the exercises.

There's a tropical storm on its way that might delay my flight.

But that just means that I'll do a marathon eye contact and "hello" session when I get back to the US.

I'm on a military base so it's challenging. I'll make it work though, saying hi to random ass people on base LOL
Vice, if you fail the first week, you fail the BC, you know that, right? :) Just saying.

Ask yourself if you not being in the US is a self-imposed limit or an excuse?

4 days to go man... cmon.. it's gonna get really exciting soon..

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bcolon said:
Sorry I've been extremely busy lately. I'm getting ready to move into a new house soon. So my time will be kinda limited. That's why I haven't logged in these past few days. But I am still up for this challenge and Impact I'm reading the Bootcamp challenge post you posted on this page right now. I will update.

I need to overcome this social anxiety first though. I hope doing this challenge helps me out. So here goes!
Man, believe me, if you make it through the first 3 weeks, you won't look back. This stuff has the potential to change your life, if you want to.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck to all!

Last edited:

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm a little late to post, Friday I went grocery shopping and did a couple of approaches. I found it odd that the majority of the people I held eye contact with and said hi to seemed to break eye contact rather quickly. Saturday went to the mall with a couple of the homies, made a little game to see who could approach the most people. 35 hi's down, approach approach approach

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just been moving out of my uni house after 2 years and stuck with my parents all friday and weekend so I haven't had much of a chance to start yet.

I did say hi to 2 guys earlier probably about late 30's and they smiled warmly back and said hi back.

that leaves only 48 more to go haha

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man it sucks having strict parents, I can't just go out whenever I feel like it.
I was at the mall (with my dad -_-) and I made only 6 eye contact with hi's. I'll have to go to the gym tomorrow and hit up some stores to get more dedicated time in.

afcwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
my progress

hey all update: today chatted up a girl at barnes and nobles, gave her my number since her coworker was like right there so didn't want to put the pressure on her and possibly expose/embarass her (or maybe i'm just maknig an excuse for not asking for her no. lol)

said hi to a couple in grocery store, then another hi to a daughter and her mother, then said hi to a hot african girl as i was walking into said grocery store she was putting stuff in her mercedes i walk by and go "that's not yours" lol and she replies, i kept going though cuz she said her mom was coming back. talked to three indian girls at jc pennys and the mom came up from behind so couldn't talk/number close anymore.
hmm i think that's it for today, tommorow i'm meeting a girl for a casual coffee but before that i'll be sarging it up mixing eye contact/hi's with trying to have actual convos here and there if i can.

so that's 9 todal hi's w/eye contact and convos. zero phone numbers lol

note: i seem like a mom magnet....everytime i talk to a girl her mom shows up LOL but really now i'm starting to see a very small bit of improvement in approaching, actually a little excited beforehand now, still nervous but with a tinge of excitment thrown in, just do it guys don't overthink it! :box: :box:

afcwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
my progress

hey all update: today chatted up a girl at barnes and nobles, gave her my number since her coworker was like right there so didn't want to put the pressure on her and possibly expose/embarass her (or maybe i'm just maknig an excuse for not asking for her no. lol)

said hi to a couple in grocery store, then another hi to a daughter and her mother, then said hi to a hot african girl as i was walking into said grocery store she was putting stuff in her mercedes i walk by and go "that's not yours" lol and she replies, i kept going though cuz she said her mom was coming back. talked to three indian girls at jc pennys and the mom came up from behind so couldn't talk/number close anymore.
hmm i think that's it for today, tommorow i'm meeting a girl for a casual coffee but before that i'll be sarging it up mixing eye contact/hi's with trying to have actual convos here and there if i can.

so that's 9 todal hi's w/eye contact and convos. zero phone numbers lol

note: i seem like a mom magnet....everytime i talk to a girl her mom shows up LOL but really now i'm starting to see a very small bit of improvement in approaching, actually a little excited beforehand now, still nervous but with a tinge of excitment thrown in, just do it guys don't overthink it! :box: :box:

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad news guys :(.....I woke up energized and feeling good and ready to take on the world. I was gonna do a good amount of Hi's today but then i seen the girl i have the BIGGEST oneitis for at school... And it just shot my mood. I went from excited to depressed in a quick moment....now i am home and didn't even get one Hi out :(

This oneitis is killing me slowly :(

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep your head up youngmack, I know the feeling. Try starting a convo with another girl next time that happens. Even if it's just small talk that leads nowhere it may help you take your focus off her and keep your spirits up

I've slacked somewhat on the exercises so far, but I did the reading and have noticed small changes in my general attitude and confidence. I have a hard time with eye contact, but have felt much more comfortable and much less anxiety making good eye contact with everyone the past week. I've felt a difference in my interactions from it. I also have a hard time putting on a genuine looking smile at will, and generally feel very uncomfortable trying to. I've felt a little more comfortable in this area as well, as I've made a conscience effort to do so. Simply saying hello/ hi to strangers that I pass by was a issue for me a few years ago but I am very comfortable in that area now. Its because I deliver medical equip and I'm in and out of lots of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospitals, etc on a daily basis and constantly walking by docs, nurses, and old people in the hallways. That alone has helped me a lot.

I haven't Kept track of the hi's/ hellos I've accumulated at work the past few days and even though I can safely assume I saw hi 50 times per week at work alone, I still feel it necessary to tAlly them all up over the next couple days.

Today I thought about the hi/hello exercise at one point while standing in an alzheimers building at work. I walked down the hall and said hi to a couple girls that worked there, one around my age and the other middle aged. Then said hello to an oldie in a wheelchair. All of them responded with hellos back. Few minutes later I chatted with the one around my age for a few minutes. As she walked by I asked how it felt when she got her tattoo. She waswearin sandals and it was across the top of her foot. She said it hurt like hell and she wanted to cry, then she commented about her ringers tattoo not being as bad. I said everytime I see a foot tattoo I think it must hurt like hell. Convo ended shortly after as her coworkers whom we were waiting on arrived.

Chatted up the girl at quiznos makin my sub at lunch, got her name and told her to give me her number and maybe we'd go out sometime. She said she was married almost apologetically...I noticed a ring under sandwich glove a few moments before I went for the # close, but wasn't 100% it was a weddi g band and thought I should just follow through at that point and let her tell me if that were the case, rather than ask if she has a bf/husband first.

Got a 18 year old black chicks number last Friday. I was setting up a hospital bed for her grandma and she came up to me and started asking about my job, if we were hiring, and how I liked it. I bs'd her about thr job, asked her about school and what she was into, and then wrote down my jobs phone # with mine underneath it and told her to call them and see what's up. I was a little worried when she said shes a singer, and does r&b and gospel. Thought she mightve been all churched up which to me = no pvssy. Then she turned her head to the side and i noticed her neck tattoo... She texted me me later that night thanking me for helping her grandma, I texted back saying your welcome, we should get together and chill sometime. She said, i would like that : ). Then she said after she graduates on the 8th shell have some free time. I said cool hit me up we'll celebrate ; ). She said that sounds nice : )

Before a week ago I would maybe # close once every few months, after a chick went out of her way to let me know she was interested in me. I've now # closed twice in a week on cold approaches, and have generally felt/ acted more confident, loose, and without hesitation in my conversations and interactions. Still a looooong way to go and I'd be lying if I said I knew for certain I will last through the remainder of this bootcamp without getting discouraged to the point of giving up, but here I am for now.

Sorry that was so long winded just to say that I've said 3/50 hi's that I've accounted for and have yet to accomplish either of the 2 hours of eye contact, but I WILL get both exercises done on time

afcwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
update

hmm spoke to a four set of girls at taco bell, didn't go anywhere but i was really pushin myself there so yay for getting out of comfort zone for a bit.

saw another group of girls said hi to them.....hmm saw another two group of girls on campus talked to them what they were doin there etc....asked anotehr group sitting down where a certain building/place was on campus (i knew already but just to make conversation).....did the same for about two more girls......then walked with another girl towards the computer lab talked to her wasn't trying to do anything.....got to lab, saw a girl outside spoke with her got her number texted her so far no reply not to worried though....cuz i got another one inside lol the girl working at the lab gave me her email and said theyre hiring and told me to send her my resume so she can "move it on top of the pile" and wrote her email, i worked in the lab then before i left told her to upt her phone number on the paper as well.....then on the way to my car saw a middle eastern girl w/scarf walking, chatted ehr up as we walked to the car and she gave me a ride to my car, she's married but gave me her number so we can stay in touch, before i got out of car she said "you're a nice guy" LOL idk if i was flattered or not...since that's NOT what i want to be anymore LOL....

at walmart was shopping for something saw a milf didnt know it was a milf till ehr kids showed up but yeah she said i dress/walk like i'm a guy who "knows what he wants" lmfao if only i wish

so let's see idk the total number but i know that's quite alot for me, more than what i'm used to anyway i'm not keeping track anymore but i'm taking every chance i get to say hi/make eye contact even strike up convos......

haven't texted the other girl yet lol

oh and when i was eating earlier i sat down and talked with this dude for a bi the was new to campus as well, got his number and texted him later lettin him know it was me....figure if we become good friends he can be my wingman or i can start a social circle of my own....

that's all for now

afcwolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
and youngmack, we've all been there bro, it's why were doing this to get over our one ities, trust em i recently saw a pic of my ex w/soemone else, and i was VERY surprised by my lack of reaction to the picture, it's almost like i've made myself numb and unattached to anyone and only worry about myself, every number/girl i acquire/text i see it strictly as practice, i have no attachment to any of them if i lose them who cares i'll get more numbers, which spurrs me on to approach even more :D
i read somehwhere on here : "protect your heart at all times" to me the main purpose of being or becoming a "DJ" is to put yourself first before all else.

17Soft

Reaction score
Time is running out and I only have like 15 hi's. Is anyone else having problems getting eye contact with people? As soon as I glance at th are doing somethingeir eyes they look away or act like they are doing something on their phones.

Fly By Night

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm cutting it real close, over the past 2 days I've only gotten 15 more bringing me to 31. I'm planning on hitting the gym again then going to some nearby stores for extra points.

Most of my hi's were from going into department stores, I talked to some of the workers (they were all girls for some reason) and some customers. One of them stood with me and talked for a good 10 minutes, but I didn't number close since she said she lived about an hour and a half away and I was like "**** it", looking back I should just number close all the time. Also there were two ladies walking along the street and it was funny because we both said hi at each other at the same time then we started laughing.

I would have so many more, but a lot of the people when I go to look them in the eyes they look down like I'm a scary/intimidating person :(

Things to change:
-Always number close if they actually have a conversation
-If they look down, make a friendly verbal greeting then get the eye contact

bcolon

Don Juan
Reaction score
17Soft said:
Time is running out and I only have like 15 hi's. Is anyone else having problems getting eye contact with people? As soon as I glance at th are doing somethingeir eyes they look away or act like they are doing something on their phones.
Yes. I work at an local hospital and the people here are notorious for no eye contact to straight cell phone screen.

It's very annoying. I've said good morning to a lot of people this morning. I couldn't keep count because it was rapid during my time walking down the hallway.

Oh well. I talked to a few patients. I made one patients day by smiling during my visit with them. Other than that I think I completed week 1 challenge.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When ever I try it people always look in the other direction, and they also travel round in gangs so I only have a pitiful 7 so far.

Besides I have bigger issues than severe AA right now having finished Uni and moved back home with parents and getting suffocated after the freedom.

Don't think I'll be taking any further part in this. 2nd bootcamp failed.

Xenon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done about 25. I'll be at the gym and store tonight, and hope to get them all done.

I would say about 25% of the people I try to make eye contact with actually reciprocate and say "hi" back. Most folks just go about their day in their own little world.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
17Soft said:
Same here, they all look away. So now I just say hi to draw their attention, then continue with some question so it's not awkward, like where do I find a bank or smth like that. I still have 15 hi's left to do, but that shouldn't be an issue for tomorrow. Don't give up man, think about it, saying hi just takes 1 second, and you only need 35, that's like 35 seconds of work if you push yourself. I know it's not that easy, but may be it's hard because we just think it's hard. Try following up with some questions afterwards, see how it goes. Remember, we're taking baby steps here to prepare you for what's to come, which is much more exciting than that. And with these exercises you also learn to push yourself to smile even if you don't really feel like it and actively approach people. Good luck and keep us updated!