Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Suggestions on getting back with an ex without losing power (semi-long)

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
background story is here http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121404

Basically, I dumped her last friday. Reasons of our relationship not working are basically: her parents does not approve and constantly tries to split us, and that I was too nice to her.

Mind you, although i'm nice, my pride is the thing I value the most and the reason I dumped her ass (over sms) was basically because during one of our slump periods (due to her parents), she managed to hurt my pride.

She told me a few days ago that her parents were no longer against her dating. as a result I would love to get back with her, since she has no major red flags and is potentially a good wife in 10 years time. Plus we were childhood friends and she is the first serious relationship I've had. But I am in no way going to get back with her by seeming like a chump. This time I want to turn the axis of power around, I want to be in control.

I've pretty much never initiated contact with her since the breakup, and is appearing to be in a very happy state, basically my msn display name shows and Ive been writing deep, reflective blog entries saying how great life is and how good freedom is. Im sure she reads those things, and I think she is realising how good I am and would like to have me back.

The hints she has been giving me are: Actively initiating and continuing our conversations on msn and having strange personal comments such as "Strive for Love".

A few notable things she said in msn include:

ME: "I bet my neighbour will hate me (for making so much noise)"

Her:"yeah....haha" "I wouldn't" ":p"

and also things like, she would bring up things I believe in, like not drinking excessively and clubbing is boring, and she would purposely say she finds clubbing boring and she wont drink unless it's a special occasion. I think she is trying to 'suck up' to me by doing that.

Basically right now, I will try to get her back no matter what, but I will do it in a way which is not AFCish and will grant me the power in the relationship this time.

She is sending me signals, but i suspect that maybe she is just craving attention and/or wants to see if she can still have me obeying her every whim. Hence I will continue to act coldly to her.

I am purposely doing things to make her jealous, things like letting her know indirectly, that i went out to nightclubs with other girls, and could possibly go on a road trip with some friends (didn't specify gender, she might think they are girls).

That isn't all, my big plan is coming this thursday night. we have a ball (basically a formal event for university students) and I will be bringing along 2 girls, she will also be there. I plan to have fun there all night, namely with other girls, and i'll make sure she sees me. I will pretend to not have even seen her. At the end of the night, I will find her and take her to a quiet, private area, and I will do something smooth, and maybe put down some hints, and wait for her to ask me to accept her again. Does anyone know what I could do or say on the night that would be help us to get back together without losing power?

edit* There are certain things in everyone's life that they need to do. If they dont do it, they will regret it for the rest of their lives, this is one of those things for me. Really there is no point telling me to give up on her, as I believe the reasons we separated in the first place will no longer exist.

Last edited:

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By only reading the title and the title alone:

She's your ex for a reason, keep her that way, move on, and forget about her.

TruthHurts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
By only reading the title and the title alone:

She's your ex for a reason, keep her that way, move on, and forget about her.
YES! right on.....

1)your post too long
2)i agree with vypros... she is your x for a reason... usually if you dont make it work the first time, chances are your not going to the second time

(it is for this reason, why the percent of 2nd marriege leading to divorce is higher then the first.. i.e. %60 vs %50, because chances are if your not willing to put in the work the first time, u aint the second)...

IT IS WHAT IT IS... its a duck man.. dont try to lie to yourself...

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
look, if you actually read the whole thing you would see where i am coming from. Please don't post anymore "She's an ex for a reason" posts if you have not read the whole thing. Thank you.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLazy said:
look, if you actually read the whole thing you would see where i am coming from. Please don't post anymore "She's an ex for a reason" posts if you have not read the whole thing. Thank you.
I don't need to read the whole thread. It's the same type of thread I've read time and time again. Everybody thinks their situation is so different and it NEVER is.

Take it or leave it. You became an "ex" for a reason, and it's VERY SELDOM that that reason ever truly changes.

TruthHurts

Don Juan
Reaction score
gosu

Vypros said:
I've read time and time again. Everybody thinks their situation is so different and it NEVER is.

Right on the money... What you think other people dont ****... u think other people dont pee.. other people dont have x's... U think they didnt have good reasons either hahahahah...

Vypros said it right!

Same broken record :)

the funny thing is... before (maybe like 3 years ago.. I wouldnt have believed Vypros... but wisdom just goes to show you)... I am 28 years old (29 in 2 months)... Believe it son! :) lol

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
I don't need to read the whole thread. It's the same type of thread I've read time and time again. Everybody thinks their situation is so different and it NEVER is.

Take it or leave it. You became an "ex" for a reason, and it's VERY SELDOM that that reason ever truly changes.
The main force behind our break up was due to her parents disallowing her to date anyone. They no longer disapprove of her dating people. Does that make this particular situation any different?

p.s. TruthHurts you are on the borderline of 'trolling'. if you dont have anything constructive to say please dont say anything at all.

TruthHurts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Omfg!!!!

TheLazy said:
The main force behind our break up was due to her parents disallowing her to date anyone. They no longer disapprove of her dating people. Does that make this particular situation any different?

p.s. TruthHurts you are on the borderline of 'trolling'. if you dont have anything constructive to say please dont say anything at all.

YOU ARE NOT LISTENING>>>>>>

I said "its a broken record" x is an x.. MOVE THE F.UCK on.. clear the wax out of your ears... But.... here I go helping you understand..

You have to understand a woman can get very emotional.. when she really wants something she is not going to let it go easily.. i.e. chix fight over dudes... listen... don't matter what her parents say.. haven't you heard of couples running away together!?!?!?! hello!?!?!?
point is.. you weren't good enough to HER and the parents thing is just an excuse

Yes.. I know I am good.. case closed..

Donations accepted! :)

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke up with her. Thank you very much. If you have the time to sit here and reply with pointless remarks, why don't you read the original post?

TruthHurts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because the post has already been answered by Vypros and I only confirmed it (i.e. if you get more then one same answer, you start to believe it more).. Good luck man! (remember, i'm on your side) :)

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheLazy said:
background story is here http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121404

Reasons of our relationship not working are basically: her parents does not approve

she managed to hurt my pride.

she is the first serious relationship I've had.

I think she is trying to 'suck up' to me by doing that.

but i suspect that maybe she is just craving attention and/or wants to see if she can still have me obeying her every whim.
Ok, so I finally read your first post to see if it was any different than every other post I've ever read about getting back with an ex, and you know what? It wasn't. Same sh*t, different post.

I have quoted five reasons why you need to forget about this girl. You are only 18/19 years old, why are you obsessing over this girl so much? Go out and have some fun and FORGET ABOUT HER!

Wait until you are older to get back with her if you want to. When you are more mature and once you've sampled other girls and had a couple of real relationships under your belt. If you don't, you'll spend your life wondering "what if". Trust me, I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Also, the problem with her parents wasn't that she didn't want her to date, it was that they didn't want her to DATE YOU! Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. They didn't like you, for whatever reason. Do you know how hard it is to maintain a relationship when the parents don't like you? It can be done, but at the end of the day, it takes a LOT of commitment, a LOT of drive, and a LOT OF comprimise and understanding. In other words, it's a B*TCH.

My answer still stands: FORGET ABOUT HER AND MOVE ON. At least for now.

But you won't, I know you won't. you'll go after her like a chump. And then one of two things will happen:

1. you'll get her, date her, and the relationship will end HORRIBLY years down the road and you'll have wasted several years of your life

or

2. She'll shoot you down for the retarded game you are about to play on her.

So, when you fall flat on your face and you figure out that what I'm telling you is right, we'll be here (someone will be here) to tell you "Sorry man, it'll get better. Stay strong and improve yourself and you'll find a girl who is compatible with you."

Until that day, i hope I managed to beat it into your head that this is a stupid move on your part.

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros you are mostly right. And I will indeed try to get her back, but my methods will be to show indifference and wait for her to begin. I have changed the original post a little bit because now i realised my origianl plan (bolded text) would most likely not work.

Anyway, lets get back on topic. Any tips for getting her to ask me to take her back?

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some, actually MOST, people have to learn the hard way I guess.

don't say I didn't warn you.