Sudden low tolerance to alcohol - bad sign?

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently developed a really low tolerance to alcohol. Last night, for example, after two bottles of beer I was very fatigued and felt a weird type of strain-like feeling in my kidneys. My eyes were bloodshot and so dry I had to take my contacts out. I ended up falling asleep on my bed, at 7 PM. This condition has only recently popped up - I just turned 25. I'm going to go to a doctor but I'm living in Korea and am not confident in the medical system here. I was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas what this could be?

The only thing I can think of that might be affecting it is me taking Omega 3-6-9 supplements. I only take 1 capsule a day but they turn my urine bright yellow. Otherwise there is a scarier explaination, a problem with my internal organs. Any info or suggestions anyone can share would be appreciated.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, before I got into fitness and lifting I had an awesome tolerance, it took 16 bottles of beer to get me drunk.

Now I get a serious buzz from three.

It's not a problem with your internal organs... If anything it's a sign of good health, that your body is sensitive to a lesser amount of a toxic substance. I'm not against alcohol in any way, in fact I'm working in a catering service these days.

There's nothing wrong with your internal organs man--if you're doing the right things and truly eating/drinking/being healthy--and in fact everybody else is bound to have downright nasty health with all the junk food, corn, lack of exercise, and a void of knowledge as far as being healthy goes.

The best thing I can say is to listen to your body... It WILL let you know when something is awry.

cheers

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Dude, before I got into fitness and lifting I had an awesome tolerance, it took 16 bottles of beer to get me drunk.

Now I get a serious buzz from three.

It's not a problem with your internal organs... If anything it's a sign of good health, that your body is sensitive to a lesser amount of a toxic substance. I'm not against alcohol in any way, in fact I'm working in a catering service these days.

There's nothing wrong with your internal organs man--if you're doing the right things and truly eating/drinking/being healthy--and in fact everybody else is bound to have downright nasty health with all the junk food, corn, lack of exercise, and a void of knowledge as far as being healthy goes.

The best thing I can say is to listen to your body... It WILL let you know when something is awry.

cheers

Thats all fine and good, but he didn't say anything about him working out, eating healthy, taking time away from drinking. What you said would be true if he has suddenly started working out and getting in shape, but anyone with basic common sense could figure that out, so I don't know why he would be asking it. Maybe you have liver disease or cancer from all your years of drinking.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol should be a social lubricant, it should remove that hesitancy, not make the women look better. Well, maybe a little.

Listen to your body and know your limit bro.

No one likes THAT guy.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhoto said:
Alcohol should be a social lubricant, it should remove that hesitancy, not make the women look better. Well, maybe a little.

Listen to your body and know your limit bro.

No one likes THAT guy.
do you even fvcking read posts before you open your mouth you dumb ****

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently developed a really low tolerance to alcohol.

This happened to me. Every fourth or fifth time, 3-4 beers would make me sick and I'd puke every hour all night. Then one time the hangover just didn't go away - got the spins for four days, could barely pick up my head. It was alcoholic hepatitis, the first stage of liver failure. You can tell, because you stop being able to digest fats. Modern medical science's amazing miracle cure is....bed rest and healthy diet. That's it. No meds and no surgery other than full transplant.

The good news is that the liver grows back. I didn't have a drink for six months, and now I seem to be fine. I drink again, and don't go on binges, but have still been drinking 4-5 beers no problem without getting sick.