Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sudden drop in interest or overreacting?

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been dating this girl for two months. Hang out once or twice per week. She usually initiates contact daily however we will occasionally go a day without texting.

Saw each other last Friday, and Sunday. Very fun weekend. Told her family about me.

We just started working on the same campus (different jobs). Met up briefly around lunch Monday, no problems. Met up briefly Wed around lunch at her request, but she did not text me again until Wednesday night which was atypical. Then just responded to my text with a smiley face, no goodnight. Today, she did not text me.

Good chance I'm overreacting but these little changes in behavior give me the gut feeling that something has changed.

If/when she texts again.. should I act like nothing happened, act a little distant, or just chalk all this up to paranoia and not worry?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Shrug, I don't know they seem like small things but then again small things lead to bigger things sometimes...

Maybe she is just having a bad week...maybe she has been talking to someone else...maybe she is wanting more than what she thinks you are willing to offer her...who knows??

What I do know is you reacting in any way to it will not look good.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Calm down, first and foremost ;) What you are doing is heavily over thinking things that are beyond your control. I would withhold the texting at least for now. Wait for her to innitiate if she does not in five days, set up a date/time/place/fvckkkkk and go from there.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Been dating this girl for two months. Hang out once or twice per week. She usually initiates contact daily however we will occasionally go a day without texting.

Saw each other last Friday, and Sunday. Very fun weekend. Told her family about me.

We just started working on the same campus (different jobs). Met up briefly around lunch Monday, no problems. Met up briefly Wed around lunch at her request, but she did not text me again until Wednesday night which was atypical. Then just responded to my text with a smiley face, no goodnight. Today, she did not text me.

Good chance I'm overreacting but these little changes in behavior give me the gut feeling that something has changed.

If/when she texts again.. should I act like nothing happened, act a little distant, or just chalk all this up to paranoia and not worry?
Bro if this is not a joke thread you got to be kidding.

You are 32 and are worried some girl you have dated for 8 weeks is not constantly texting you? You are freaking out and wondering if she texts back, do you act like "distant" because since she didn't text you 7 hours after having lunch with you. Even though should had lunch with you twice in less than 48 hours?

I could understand if you were 19 and acting this way and the girl was really good looking. But at 32? It sounds like we need moms to hold our hands rather than girlfriends to pound into the mattress. o_O

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to back way off. Disappear. If she chases you, great. If not, great. The reality will become apparent to you, and you will know how to go from there.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score

If/when she texts again......mirror her response time to your previous text. Mirror her investment.

It does sound like you've become slightly attached to her text messages. They probably give you a warm fuzzy feeling. And then perhaps you felt crestfallen when there was "no goodnight". I'd be careful of that and keep the texting to a minimum. Let her initiate those silly texting and you initiate when you're going to hook up. That's all you should be concerned about. All the rest is noise, a distraction to you going about your daily business.

Personally, I don't like all that good night good morning bull****e by text.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust your gut here, but definitely don't act needy or go beta, you'll push her away the second you ask "is everything ok?"

But you say you only see her once or twice a week, yet you also said you saw her Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. That's 4 times in 6 days. Pull back a little, maybe she needs to wonder about you?

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Its only been 2 months. Thid girl shouldn't be anything more than a plate

Spin more plates. If you never hear from her again it shouldn't effect you at all.