Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

subtle form of herpes?!

Fleshy99

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I guess I have genital herpes but like many people I didnt even know I was carrying it.

never had an outbreak.
never could have known.
I've only gotten laid once.
gotten oral from a couple different girls.

This is shi**y. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there with this.
I never get outbreaks so I have a slim chance of spreading it if I use protection. I just have to deal with it now and explain this to my partners. I was almost negative from what the doc said. I had 1.55 antibodies, and you need under .97 for it to be considered negative, but this is not a Zero= negative type of thing. So I'm just over the line. I'm getting retested but I guess not seeing any signs is a normal thing. I've already done some research.

The catch is that you can get genital herpes from someone who has oral herpes... so I guess all the head I've gotten in the last few years was what did it.

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
why would you post this here?

Take some Lysine. An imbalance between arginine and lysine can spawn an outbreak.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no expert but it's my understanding that most Herpes is not that huge a thing if you are normal and otherwise healthy. Also I'm given to believe it's more common than most people realize.

Don't freak out.

Fleshy99

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
I'm no expert but it's my understanding that most Herpes is not that huge a thing if you are normal and otherwise healthy. Also I'm given to believe it's more common than most people realize.

Don't freak out.
Yeah I'm starting to realize this myself as well. The more I read into it the more it seems like just another reason to stay healthy.

Thanks for the advice.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:

Don't freak out.
95% of all humans have some form of herpes. Often confused for mosquito/bug bites.

Though, do your research.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just have to deal with it now and explain this to my partners.

No, I don't think you have to do either.

I think the antibodies test is bvllsh!t. Until you either get a sore or give someone else something that makes them get a sore, I don't think you have herpes. They will be happy to sell you some Valtrex, though. Why did you get tested for herpes in the first place? Just for fun?

I was married to a woman with herpes for seven years...the real kind, the kind you get sores from...not some imaginary bvllsh!t that doctors tell you. We never used condoms, had sex probably a thousand times, and I never got it. After getting divorced, I still never used a condom. I have had four LTRs since then, and all of those girls and I fvcked like rabbits. One of them gave me molluscum contagiosum, a temporary and painless std that goes away on its own in six months, but none of them ever got anything from me...and I am not going to waste my time on it, but I bet I would fail the antibody test just like you, probably worse.

That test is bvllsh!t designed to sell meds that you don't need. Forget you ever took it. DO NOT tell girls you have herpes. All of them have hpv anyway, but they will treat you like a leper as soon as they hear the word "herpes."

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I just have to deal with it now and explain this to my partners.

No, I don't think you have to do either.

I think the antibodies test is bvllsh!t. Until you either get a sore or give someone else something that makes them get a sore, I don't think you have herpes. They will be happy to sell you some Valtrex, though. Why did you get tested for herpes in the first place? Just for fun?

I was married to a woman with herpes for seven years...the real kind, the kind you get sores from...not some imaginary bvllsh!t that doctors tell you. We never used condoms, had sex probably a thousand times, and I never got it. After getting divorced, I still never used a condom. I have had four LTRs since then, and all of those girls and I fvcked like rabbits. One of them gave me molluscum contagiosum, a temporary and painless std that goes away on its own in six months, but none of them ever got anything from me...and I am not going to waste my time on it, but I bet I would fail the antibody test just like you, probably worse.

That test is bvllsh!t designed to sell meds that you don't need. Forget you ever took it. DO NOT tell girls you have herpes. All of them have hpv anyway, but they will treat you like a leper as soon as they hear the word "herpes."
Ok, I already know you'll probably resort to name calling, etc. but I gotta ask you.

Without having you give me a dramatic, angry, emotional response, are you saying there is no such thing as "asymptomatic shading" or such thing as being infected without having breakout? No such thing as being a carrier, unless you break out?

So it looks like you don't believe in wearing a condom or in protection against STD's (yeah, I'm an idiot, I know, as you've told me before whenever I call you on "questionable" stuff you say). I know it is very inconvenient to have to tell your partners right before going in, "I am infected with the herpes virus", or "my doctor said I am a carrier, but it is all BS", etc. etc. and would sure limit the number of sluts who would otherwise just spread them.

"IF" the medical/science community is correct, and It IS POSSIBLE to get infected without breaking out, then somebody who slept with an "infected" partner for 7 years (high risk), and wore no protection (even higher risk), would sure have a high chance to test positive as a carrier. $hit, if I, as a sexually active male, who's had many partners, and hasn't always worn a rubber, went to get tested, there is about a 1 out of 4 chance I am a carrier.

To the OP, contact Gio, I think he's the one who said he is infected, and his gf, or ex also had it, they might be able to "talk you down" a little about this issue. Research the different types of test, and consider going for another test. It might have abeen a false positive. Here is a forum with pretty reliable advice.

http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Herpes.html

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STD/wwwboard.html

And, btw Bible, it is possible for somebody in your situation to NOT BE infected (AFTER TESTING FOR IT), as there is about a 1 in 1000 chance of infection in each ecounter with an infected partner who is NOT having a breakout.

Fleshy99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got tested for overall STD's because I had never been tested before since I've been active since I was 16. I was just playing it safe.

It seems to me from the research that I've done that the anti-body test just tells me that I've had exposure to the virus and how much exposure I've had. My doc told me that Zero doesn't equal negative in this case. And since I've never had symptoms if I'm using protection nothing bad can happen.

So is just over the line of being negative for the anti-body test a bad thing. It seems like the pending question because it rates exposure rather than if I actually have it?

I need to look more into it, but it seems to me that this is the case. I just dont want to lie to partners that then ruin a otherwise good relationship.

Thanks for the help for those of you who have provided it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without having you give me a dramatic, angry, emotional response, are you saying there is no such thing as "asymptomatic shading" or such thing as being infected without having breakout? No such thing as being a carrier, unless you break out?

If there is, then there should be guys posting here who never got sores, but gave sores to a woman. Please speak up, wherever you are...

We know that every sexually active woman carries HPV, but when is the last time one of them told you that right before sex? Unless she is making routine trips to get warts frozen off, a woman is never going to tell you that she has HPV, even though pretty much all of them do, especially in the same sense that the OP has HSV2.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:

If there is, then there should be guys posting here who never got sores, but gave sores to a woman. Please speak up, wherever you are...

We know that every sexually active woman carries HPV, but when is the last time one of them told you that right before sex? Unless she is making routine trips to get warts frozen off, a woman is never going to tell you that she has HPV, even though pretty much all of them do, especially in the same sense that the OP has HSV2.

I don't disagree with you. Every woman, and every sexually active man has had HPV, except HPV clears your body in most cases (for women, when they get tested), HSV2 stays with you forever, even longer than love. HPV is a lot more contagious than HSV2, and a very small percentage of HPV+ people actually develop genital warts.

HPV is to Herpes as the common cold is to walking pneumonia.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of how serious herpes is or isnt, its still an STD, and imo, I would feel pretty damn sh*tty if I knew I was carrying something like that.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh there are "studies" done that come back and say that people can have what is called asymptomatic herpes where they did not know they had it, never had an outbreak and never had sores but then someone they were with caught herpes and got an actual outbreak and they drug in their significant other in for testing and they had some antibodies for it.
ok... there are people that buy it.
however i believe that it is very rare for such a thing to happen.

i think most people that have it, break out with at least one actual break out about 2 weeks later.
i think most people that claim they never knew they had it, are liars.
afraid to have the awkward talk .

however, take it from someone that has it.... it really isn't my biggest worry.
some lysine, vitamin c, valtrex and zovirax cream and its all over.

Trendsetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i think most people that have it, break out with at least one actual break out about 2 weeks later.
i think most people that claim they never knew they had it, are liars.
afraid to have the awkward talk .

however, take it from someone that has it.... it really isn't my biggest worry.
some lysine, vitamin c, valtrex and zovirax cream and its all over.
Don't be so quick to judge on that one.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had shingles once, and I had to take Valtrex for a month. It was a hundred and twenty bucks for the month's supply!