Studying Abroad... Any reccomendations??

Cogent Ops.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a college freshman and Im considering studying abroad for a semester, but I have no idea where to go.

My options will probably be limited by my language. I took three years of French in high school, but think that it might be a little confusing trying to take business classes from a French instructor.

I know there is a program in Barcelona in all-english. I am definitely considering London, Australia, and New Zealand. I think Sydney would be amazing. Then again, from London I could see so much in Europe.

Anyone here studied abroad before? Anybody really like the culture of a certain country?

Maybe I'll just stay in Chicago...

PoS

Don Juan
Reaction score
if i were u, id avoid england and europe all together because of terrorism

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Australia is nice (well I live here, so I'm biased). Its good if you want a break from the big city. Melbourne and Adelaide are especially nice, lots of festivals, very friendly folks. Sydney is more crowded, and more clubs/nightlife.

But if you've got some cash to blow, London (or Paris) are good choices. Friend of mine is in Paris, he can literally drive all over Europe by car and tour everything, although it is a bit more expensive (but not much).

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dublin was awesome to me. Trinity College looks really good on your transcript, they have great student housing in a really posh suburb, and Ireland's a small and friendly country. Most of the Americans who study there are attractive too. Only problem is it's one of the more expensive cities in Europe.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you choose australia, i strongly recomend melbourne. failing melbourne, i'd be looking to brisbane.

but i'm pretty keen to check out England myself.

Dover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ireland was absolutely amazing for me. We spent like 3 months in this tiny town of about 200 and everyone had one of the most memorable times of their lives.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm completely in love with Spain, get down south close to Costa del Sol... you won't regret it :)

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do not come to sydney.

we already have too many stupid drunk one semester americans here.

Cogent Ops.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
do not come to sydney.

we already have too many stupid drunk one semester americans here.
hah what a prick...

.....you dont know me.

i think denmark sounds really cool. Brazil seems amazing too, but id love to be able to see al of europe. Thanks for the reccomendations I will definitely look into Irish culture.

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
I studied and lived in Spain for 7 months, right in Madrid. It was the best time of my life. You should definetly check it out.

It has been three years and me and my boys that I met there still meet up once a year. (we're meeting in NYC in a few weeks.)

Definetly it'll be one of the best decisions in your life wherever you go.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After being all around the world, I would have to say Brisbane is definatly one of the best cities I have ever been too. Not to mention, the UQ (university of Queensland) campus in Brisbane is very very nice! I would highly recommend studying there! Not to mention some beautiful girls!