Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Study says muscular guys get more women than skinny .

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...wny-guys_N.htm

Quote:
Muscular men really do get the girls more often than their less brawny brothers ? at least in the short term, research suggests.
The well-muscled are twice as likely to have more sex partners, flings and affairs than those with less toned and chiseled physiques. But in the end, the research suggests, women tend to choose the less buff for long-lasting love.

Women choose musclemen for brief liaisons, but the less burly appear more desirable for long-term relationships because women believe they're more faithful and romantic. The brawny were seen as more domineering and volatile.

"If a man is interested in long-term relationships, maybe he shouldn't spend so much time at the gym," says Martie Haselton, an associate professor at the University of California-Los Angeles and co-author of the research. The study will be published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin in August.

Haselton and David Frederick, a UCLA graduate student in psychology, conducted six studies from 2002 to 2006 in which they analyzed responses about muscularity and sexual partners from a total of 788 college students ? 509 women and 279 heterosexual men.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: University of California-Los Angeles
Some of the UCLA studies used photographs of men ranging from slender to brawny and asked heterosexual men to report on the muscular features of their own body type and their sexual relationships. Men who were more muscular than average had twice the number of sex partners, flings and affairs with women who had a boyfriend as those of average or below average muscularity.

The research also compared the men's responses with women's tallies of their sexual encounters and the muscularity of their short- and long-term partners. Sixty-one percent reported that their short-term partners were more muscular than their long-term partners.

Steven Gangestad, a psychology professor at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque who was not involved in the UCLA study, says the research may well be the first to correlate muscularity with sexual prowess.

"Certainly, the study confirms what I believe are people's suspicions: that men who are more fit and more muscular are indeed seen as more attractive."

So most girls want a guy with jacked fibras for a quick fvck, affair, one nighter and want a skinny puss guy to control and raise their kids while they fvck musclebound guys.

lol

Last edited:

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much. But not all of them are out cheating with the musclebound guys. Some just choose the skinny guy or out of shape guys for their LTR so they won't cheat.

My dad gave me some joke advice once and it was "Son, marry an ugly chick, she'll never cheat on you or leave you." Sounds pretty much like what women are doing.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
people get paid to research something as blindingly obvious as that??!

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryannath said:
"Certainly, the study confirms what I believe are people's suspicions: that men who are more fit and more muscular are indeed seen as more attractive."
The next pointless study will be to determine what "people's suspicions" actually are. I wonder if Rome died this way?

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean in a blaze of idiocy? Yes.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i bet the LTR thing has more to do with the fact that if guys are pulling random ***** they dont want to settle down, but the guys not getting laid much settle down when they finally get some.

diizy

Don Juan
Reaction score
This one is pretty obvious. I'm a pretty scrawny kid myself but i know alot of chicks like it. You just gotta know their tastes, I know more girls who'd rather a fit/muscular guy anyday.

bigappledj

Banned
Reaction score
I am very ripped and I would agree. I like wearing a leather jacket without a shirt underneath. I leave the leather jacket unzipped and you should see the response I get. HB9's and 10's all over my a**!! Their mothers, their sisters, and even their grandmothers. It is insane.

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF...

LMAO

This is retarded, like most of these so called surveys. Who are they surveying? Where is the actual facts. Also lets keep in mind most people are AFCs and of course it's obvious a muscle man will be more confident than a skinny guy because he is muscular, but its real BS.

I'm Skinny and I don't even have long term relationships, not because I can't but by choice. I've amogged Buff guys and I've seen naturals who were relatively skinny or average taking girls from buff guys. Come to think of it I know Muscle guys who don't even get girls. So this study is false.

It's stuff like this that makes a skinny new join and think "Fuk I guess I shouldn't practice it because some nerdy scientist found out that muscle men get more women for the short term and all I'm going to get is a medicore wife"

It's evident that muscles can make a man look more dominant and so women will be attracted but that sh!t doesn't make or break you. I'm skinny, (Wear size medium and I'm 6'1) and women flock to me because of my personality and who I am. Not because of how I look or because I'm skinny, it's because they liked who I was.

For guys who are skinny that article is useless don't even believe the hype.

The FIELD doesn't lie, tell those scientist go go out and pickup I bet you they can't pull sh!t. (Unless they worked on it)

In reality most scientists who talk about relationships and stuff are KJs, there not in the field daily approaching and seeing what's what.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigappledj said:
I am very ripped and I would agree. I like wearing a leather jacket without a shirt underneath.
Whatever works for you dude, but I associate that look with either gay or extreme metrosexual.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no ****?

you mean if I work out and take care of myself, more women will be attracted to me than if I let myself rot?

Guess what... I have a study for ya.. I'm attracted to women who work out as well!

however, don't confused muscular guys for body builders.. I'm.. I guess what you would calla muscular guy, that's what women describe me as at least, and I'm 5-8ish and 171, although I'm just 9% BF.

I can't think of too many women who want the muscles on top of muscles body building type of guy, although i have all the much respect for them.. that' s dedication. Me, I just want to be healthy, have energy and take my shirt off and not be ashamed.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just another "Looks" thread

Just thought you guys would find this article interesting:

By Julie Steenhuysen 7/9/07
2 hours, 49 minutes ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Muscular young men are likely to have more sex partners than their less-chiseled peers, researchers at the University of California Los Angeles said on Monday.

Their study, published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, suggests muscles in men are akin to elaborate tail feathers in male peacocks: They attract females looking for a virile mate.

"Women are predisposed to prefer muscularity in men," said study author David Frederick of UCLA.

"Most research is focused on what men find physically attractive in women and the career traits women find attractive in men," Frederick said by telephone. "Much less research is devoted to what women find attractive."

He said prior studies concluded a man's desirability was influenced more by his earning potential and commitment. His study found physical characteristics mattered more.

Women were more physically attracted to brawny men, especially for a fling. But when it comes to finding a long-term partner, they tend to pick a regular man over a mate with huge biceps.

"On the one hand, it makes them more sexy to women. On the other hand, it makes women more suspicious about their romantic intentions," Frederick said.

He and colleagues interviewed 99 male undergraduates about their sexual histories. Muscular men were twice as likely to have had more than three sex partners than less-built types.

Frederick and colleagues also asked 141 college women to look at six standardized silhouettes of men ranging from brawny to slender. Most preferred a toned man who was more likely to commit over a muscle-bound man they perceived as more volatile, aggressive and dominant.

Go ahead and post. Deus, you're welcome to post here too.

....and the debate begins again Anew!!!!

Last edited:

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like athletic physiques... but they laugh at the dorks that workout their arms 7 days/wk and wear tight shirts. There's a big difference.

Jestor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox said:
Just thought you guys would find this article interesting:

By Julie Steenhuysen 7/9/07
2 hours, 49 minutes ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Muscular young men are likely to have more sex partners than their less-chiseled peers, researchers at the University of California Los Angeles said on Monday.

Their study, published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, suggests muscles in men are akin to elaborate tail feathers in male peacocks: They attract females looking for a virile mate.

"Women are predisposed to prefer muscularity in men," said study author David Frederick of UCLA.

"Most research is focused on what men find physically attractive in women and the career traits women find attractive in men," Frederick said by telephone. "Much less research is devoted to what women find attractive."

He said prior studies concluded a man's desirability was influenced more by his earning potential and commitment. His study found physical characteristics mattered more.

Women were more physically attracted to brawny men, especially for a fling. But when it comes to finding a long-term partner, they tend to pick a regular man over a mate with huge biceps.

"On the one hand, it makes them more sexy to women. On the other hand, it makes women more suspicious about their romantic intentions," Frederick said.

He and colleagues interviewed 99 male undergraduates about their sexual histories. Muscular men were twice as likely to have had more than three sex partners than less-built types.

Frederick and colleagues also asked 141 college women to look at six standardized silhouettes of men ranging from brawny to slender. Most preferred a toned man who was more likely to commit over a muscle-bound man they perceived as more volatile, aggressive and dominant.

Go ahead and post. Deus, you're welcome to post here too

....and the debate begins again Anew!!!!
Yeah, looks can influence somewhat. But hardly a deciding factor. Put another way, looks matter until such time that girls show you that it doesn't matter.

ricorico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
no ****?

you mean if I work out and take care of myself, more women will be attracted to me than if I let myself rot?

Guess what... I have a study for ya.. I'm attracted to women who work out as well!

however, don't confused muscular guys for body builders.. I'm.. I guess what you would calla muscular guy, that's what women describe me as at least, and I'm 5-8ish and 171, although I'm just 9% BF.

I can't think of too many women who want the muscles on top of muscles body building type of guy, although i have all the much respect for them.. that' s dedication. Me, I just want to be healthy, have energy and take my shirt off and not be ashamed.

I totally agree women alike well built guy, but not too muscular. I'm 5'11 and weigh between 170-180. It's pretty lean muscle. Girls seem to like it. My workout buddy used to be the type of guy who was really huge. He was 6' 240lbs of solid muscle over muscle. He says only a certain type of girl went for that look. But when you're that big and you notice everyone is looking at you, you actually beleive it's because you look so good.

when he decided to lose 50lbs and be lean he got so much more attention from women because he did'nt look threatening.

GamePlan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's a good weight for a 5'8-5'9 guy to be, assuming low body fat? At peak I was 160lbs, very low body fat. I think 170-175 would be best, not sure. Can you get too big? How important is proportionality?
You're overanalyzing again (I know this problem myself).

What's very low body fat? All the weights you listed sound good for a 5'8 -5'9 guy.

You can definitely get too big for most chicks to like it, but most guys are worried about getting too big and never even come close to being too big. Muscular is good, bodybuilder physique is not good if we're talking about most chicks (dont mean to hate on bodybuilders, though..they might have a smaller pool of women to choose from but there's also way less supply of bodybuilder types to those women so I wouldnt be surprised if bodybuilders do get quite a lot even if its not what the average woman loves)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To put my weight in perspective, I don't think I have grown since HS and I was 140 soaking wet and I was skinny but not anorexic looking. I have probably cut 2 percent of body fat from that and added 31 pounds of muscle. evryone woman I know when I ask them thinks I'm about 200 or over.