Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Study: Romantic Relationships turn women off more than men

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most are some combination of boring, lame, not conversational, not sexual, doesn't have their life/career together or has no ambition.
Well, so are the average women. Maybe they talk a lot but thats hardly a benefit to most men.

At some point it is less about giving up and more about keeping the dignity not to jump through every hoop some megalomaniac and delusional AVERAGE woman holds in front of you.

The older a man gets the less a woman within his own age range has to offer and most women dont even make an effort to date within their league but DEMAND a guy thats way above them.

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s been said that men are more romantic than women in general. With a sex drive that is supposedly 16x greater than the average woman, sure he’ll keep trying to get his stick wet throughout his life. What about women? I‘m in this age range and the majority of women I know are all going through various stages of menopause. Their reproductive organs are done and that phase of life is done. What does this kill? The female sex drive if she has any left to begin with. Ironically, men’s can go on until he’s 80 and on his death bed. But for women, not so much. So imagine being post wall looks wise, dried up vag, sexual desire vanished, post raising kids possibly, post divorce or years of carousel riding baggage. Life is no longer on easy mode so just giving up and collecting cats seems like the best option. Chads are no longer interested and all that is left is old dudes that they never wanted in the first place.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo has to say "Do as I say, not as I do" because it makes him money; his podcasts are juicy when they trash women and tell men to sleep around, not commit, etc. Gives good ratings, its tantalizing, its sexy, it gets to men's emotions.

Can imagine a podcast with Rollo saying "Find your one soulmate in your 20s and stick with her and don't have sex any other woman ever." First of all, it's not juicy, wouldn't make good ratings. Second, men can't find that easily, so they would end up trashing him and it would make him look bad.
If Rollo believed his long marriage (25+ years) was a sustainable model for a large percentage of males to follow, he would have ended up being similar to Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro, or Michael Knowles.

It’s been said that men are more romantic than women in general. With a sex drive that is supposedly 16x greater than the average woman, sure he’ll keep trying to get his stick wet throughout his life. What about women? I‘m in this age range and the majority of women I know are all going through various stages of menopause. Their reproductive organs are done and that phase of life is done. What does this kill? The female sex drive if she has any left to begin with. Ironically, men’s can go on until he’s 80 and on his death bed. But for women, not so much. So imagine being post wall looks wise, dried up vag, sexual desire vanished, post raising kids possibly, post divorce or years of carousel riding baggage. Life is no longer on easy mode so just giving up and collecting cats seems like the best option. Chads are no longer interested and all that is left is old dudes that they never wanted in the first place.
This is a great summary. I expect this attitude problem to get worse in 10 years or so among women who are 50 years old.

In the early to mid 2020s, a 50 year old woman is a Generation X'er born in the early to mid-1970s. Generation X women born from 1970-1975 had a different dating environment when they were younger. Most of them had to deal with dating in the analog world because online dating websites like Match and eHarmony were not de-stigmatized until they were around 30 years old. They had to date from ages 15-16 until 30 based on real world methods. They could not have had the abundance that 1980s born Millennials women had after 2005. They were also not raised to believe that they were special snowflakes like the 1980s born Millennial women. A lot of Gen X women did end up settling for some beta male husband at some point prior to the first iPhone being launched in 2007. They likely resented having a beta husband more than a Boomer women resented it, but they didn't have the abundance that they could wait things out until online dating came around.

Now, it can be said that a lot of 1970-1975 born women eventually ended up divorced after 2008. I think the 2008-2012 recession/recessionary period likely killed off a lot of marriages for Gen X females, but a lot of those marriages were already under stress entering 2008. I do know some 1970-1975 women who got divorced in the 2010s as well.

Being around age 50, menopausal, low desire, and low options from non-betas doesn't sound exciting for most Gen X women. That will be even less exciting for Millennial women in the 2030s who spent 20+ years riding penis carousels chasing top tier men.

Last edited:

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting article! I read it, did anyone else? Besides the OP?

The below was taken directly from the article:

>>Another way to think about the findings is this: For the heterosexual men, if they have romantic relationship experience, they are more likely to want more; for the women, if they have romantic relationship experience, they are LESS likely to want more. In fact, for the women who were previously married, more than half say that having a romantic partner is not at all important.<<

I have my own thoughts about this but what does this tell ya? Or at least suggest?

I see quite a bit of negativity towards women on this forum from some members (not all), that most are not "wife-material," are illogical," "irrelevant" or "hoes," lack empathy, can't be trusted, etc.

Well, if women are so horrible, why are men (according to the article and the excerpt I took from it) wanting to repeat the relationship/marriage experience when a relationship/marriage ends?

And in turn, why are women NOT wanting to repeat the experience when a relationship/marriage ends?

Statistics show the majority of divorces are initiated by women. Did you ever stop to think why that is other than that the woman wants to "trade up" or she was never "wife material" in the first place? Or attaching some other equally negative adjective to her character and personality?

Have any of you looked in the mirror and considered the possibility that you yourselves (as men - generic) aren't/weren't "husband-material"? And THAT is why women file for divorce and like the article states, DON'T want to repeat the experience?

I'm not accusing, just asking.

Look I'm not posting this to trash anyone here or men in general. Only to suggest to look I'm the mirror at your own behaviors. Just as I think women should as well!!

I have said this before and will say again, both genders have their flaws. Both genders can be liars, cheaters, untrustworthy pieces of shyt.

Both genders struggle.

I read parts of The Rational Male, I've heard Rollo speak at seminars, podcasts etc.

He's been happily MARRIED for close to 30 years and raising a daughter.

Where does he get off advising men to remain single? And that marriage is a shyt show and men should NOT commit and "spin plates"?

I mean really? You've been happily married for 27 years!

He's about as opportunistic as they come and a total hypocrite and laughing all the way to bank.

It's sad that many of you think he's GOD.

$.02

"I read parts of The Rational Male,"

If you have only read "parts" of The Rational Male, then you may have missed some of the most important "parts".

I have read the whole book and others and my perspective is somewhat different than yours and pipeman84.

But then I am older than both of you and have a lot more "life experience" with the opposite sex.

My 2 cents, and 2 cents is not worth what it was when I was younger. LOL

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, so are the average women. Maybe they talk a lot but thats hardly a benefit to most men.

At some point it is less about giving up and more about keeping the dignity not to jump through every hoop some megalomaniac and delusional AVERAGE woman holds in front of you.

The older a man gets the less a woman within his own age range has to offer and most women dont even make an effort to date within their league but DEMAND a guy thats way above them.
Well said!!!!

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Again! Well said!!!!

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly don’t find this article surprising in the least. We men are the actual romantics. Hence why we need the red pill to wake up to women’s true nature. Women are all about their own security. Men want to provide it and think they need to do the whole white knight in shining armor thing. It takes a lot of deprogramming for most men to get to the point of understanding what’s really going on.

Women typically are only “romantic” in early stage dating when she has the tingles. You get much past that and that evaporates relatively quickly.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Translation: women are more jaded by bad relationships than men are. It’s just broads not being able to take an L.
That and I’d say about 75% will claim either some type of bogus abuse or cheating from the ex. One of the two. If a woman tells me this happened in one of her past relationships I automatically have her relegated to plate status at best. And I acknowledge sometimes it’s legitimate - most times not.

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That and I’d say about 75% will claim either some type of bogus abuse or cheating from the ex. One of the two. If a woman tells me this happened in one of her past relationships I automatically have her relegated to plate status at best. And I acknowledge sometimes it’s legitimate - most times not.
I agree!!

M

member162951

Yeah God forbid a chick had a prior bad experience and was open and trusted you enough to tell you, immediate relegation to plate!!

SMH, I don't know anymore but good luck to y'all...

hellonwheels

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where does he get off advising men to remain single? And that marriage is a shyt show and men should NOT commit and "spin plates"?
I’m not a Rollo homer but he openly admits that he got lucky and his situation is not the norm. And ya, his brother in law hung himself after his wife (Rollo’s SIL) cheated, so he’s seen this and plenty more cases of guys getting zero’d out in the marriage game.

The stats favor what he’s advising for majority of men’s situations, or at the very least he helps provide knowledge so dudes don’t get so blindsided they commit sudoku.

inquisitor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read parts of The Rational Male, I've heard Rollo speak at seminars, podcasts etc.

He's been happily MARRIED for close to 30 years and raising a daughter.

I mean really? You've been happily married for 27 years!

He's about as opportunistic as they come and a total hypocrite and laughing all the way to bank.

It's sad that many of you think he's GOD.

$.02
He isn't a hypocrite. Marriage is his choice. If he didn't know what he was talking about, he would probably be giving advice about his four failed marriages. The choice of marrying a girl, he leaves it up to us.

He is opportunistic, in the manner that his advice must warrant him profit and respect. He did work hard to write his book.

He clarified the advice he gives, always stating the nuances. It is up to the male audience how to take it.

The problem is still the dudes who don't know what to listen to, don't know what to do, don't know when to agree and disagree about his ideas. Maybe out of laziness and wanting to go about dating and relationships the easy way. Some dudes are quite brain-dead, you can't even get them to read this past the second paragraph.

He tried his best, in his own way. Some dudes just want the easy way out.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah God forbid a chick had a prior bad experience and was open and trusted you enough to tell you, immediate relegation to plate!!

It’s a red flag whether you want to believe it or not. Yes, some women are legitimately abused or cheated on. Most of the time, however, it’s some story they’ve concocted to elicit sympathy for themselves while at the same time trying to make the ex look like a huge piece of sh1t. And usually you know it’s bullsh1t if she’s telling you very early on as to why she’s single, etc. without you ever directly asking about it.

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

JD you make a valid point. After getting to know a woman and once into a relationship that seems to be going somewhere would be the time to share the past. As you said, trust and being open is important in building a good relationship... But I do agree as mentioned, for a woman to share bad a experience from the beginning may be a red flag.