Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Studies: Honey can help regulate blood sugar and alleviate diabetes

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
More interesting studies on Honey...perhaps nature's perfect food, mentioned in the bible as a key nutrient and the only one that never spoils.

In previous studies, Honey has been found to actually LOWER blood sugar when consumed in moderation along with other carbs than when simply eating those carbs by themselves. They believe it helps slow down absorption and potentially even block some absorption of carbs into the body.

Now even more research piles on in favor of honey...this time even for diabetics.

The findings are summed up as follows:

1. Trehalose(honey sugar) has a slower release of glucose and an insulin response that is milder than those associated with other sugars, resulting in a relatively slow rise in blood sugar.
  2. Trehalose consumption is thought to benefit hyperglycemic conditions by enhancing insulin sensitivity and reducing the accumulation of adipocytes(fat cells)
  3. Trehalose is the main energy source of bees, and it's release under the action of trehalases provides the energy needs of the bees
  4. Trehalulose, a naturally occuring isomer of sucrose found in stingless bee Honey, has a much slower rate of release of monosaccharides into the bloodstream than sucrose and is highly beneficial in having both a low insulinemic index and low glycemic index.

Is this saying start eating huge amounts of honey? No...but it is saying that strategically adding a tablespoon here and there to things you are eating could be very beneficial. Just another tool in your tool belt, use it right.

Will post the links to the studies below in a bit.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love a touch of honey in my oatmeal. Although I would caution it is still an added sugar, meaning it should be consumed in limited quantities.

These studies need to have better worded caveats. “Honey better regulates blood sugar and alleviates diabetes when used in place of white sugar” is not the same statement as “Honey will regulate blood sugar and alleviate diabetes.”

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
some of the older guys around me growing up put us on Honey as a good way to make sure your immune system is good / kinda like an anti std/sti prevention thing. i did it for a short while when i was banging randos at parties.. used to rarely carry rubbers those days. who knew if it works --just made me feel better about hitting some ghetto ass chicks raw

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I love a touch of honey in my oatmeal. Although I would caution it is still an added sugar, meaning it should be consumed in limited quantities.

These studies need to have better worded caveats. “Honey better regulates blood sugar and alleviates diabetes when used in place of white sugar” is not the same statement as “Honey will regulate blood sugar and alleviate diabetes.”
If someone is eating a ton of refined sugar and thinks they are going to fix it by simply replacing it with honey, they are in for a rude awakening.

But added to an already healthy diet, it provides a boost. I believe stacking little things regularly and consistently is the key to bigger things happening.

Specifically in one study out of Toronto it was 2 TBSP and the diets already being consumed by the participants contained 10% or less of refined sugars.