student loan forgiveness

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
google is your friend, guys.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service#qualifying-payment.

the qualifying amount is usually just the interest on what you owe. 7 % on the 50k of loans you'll owe. Since there's 5% inflation, you really are paying just 1k per year for 10 years, while 50k is forgiven. Don't be stupid and take out sallie mae loans, don't go to expensive colleges. all you want or need is a 4 year degree, so you can get some Fed gov't job. Even the bureau of prisons can easily be 120k per year, considering the full med coverage for your entire family, the 1/2 pay (untaxed) pension after 20 years and the ability to make $39 an hour for 20 hours per week of overtime. the med insurance is easily worth 10k per year (untaxed) and the pension is worth 20k per year (untaxed) You can't draw the pension until age 50, but it's for LIFE after that, and so is the medical care. Put in your 20 and you'll be all set,

Jetleg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't live in the US. but honestly i wish i would never even set my foot in college. now i'm at med school, i got 2 to 3 jobs in any given month, barely sleep, no vacatons and got just enough to live, it will take maybe 5 more years untill i will have some money to actually have decent life.

before that: i had a good job with anything i need, but i thought i "wanted to have more in life". find a decent job, have a degree (doesnt even matter that much at which college or what subject as long as it something with math or science)

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
if you pay attention, you can retire to Uruguay, Portugal, Phills, Thailand or Nam after just 5-6 years of work. You can retire in the US after 10 years of work, if you show some sense and discipline.

dillj

Banned
Reaction score
Way too many guys graduate owing 100k+ in loans, no forgiveness of their loans possible, no real job prospects, settling for a mere 50k per year, gross. That's ridiculous. You can clear 70k per year driving a truck OTR, over the road, with no colllege/debt at all. So wtf waste 4 years and be so heavily in debt, to make such a small salary? Sure, driving sucks, but in the same 6 years you'd have spent in college (and doing nothing but pay college debt for 2-3 years after school) you could be RETIRED, having driven a truck 6-7 years. There are colleges that will give you loans and grants (same for your 3rd world co-driver wife) to attend online classes, which you can do when you're not driving. One of the easier ones is Cameron University, in Lawton, OK.