Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stuck in friendzone

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a girl last week, grad school student with me, were both the same age. Got her number, made plans to hang out with her and her friends. She is really cool and I'm interested...But when we were out she said some things that made me think I'm screwed.

"Your my favorite person at school, your like the coolest person there...I love hooking up my guy friends....You can crash at my place, I have a nice couch"

Ok, so the thing is I'd like to get with her but she's so cool and wants to introduce me to her friends (i got one of their numbers) so I don't want to blow a good friendship if this isn't possible....

I have a history of being BFF's with all of my hot female friends, trying to change that...

Suggestions?

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
Ask her out. That's it buddy. You may have screwed yourself, but if there's any chance that you could get with her, it would be asking her out now before you get any deeper into the friendzone, but don't count on it actually going anywhere 'cause there's a very real chance that it won't.

Unless you want to have another friend. Then you don't have to anything. You can just watch another good girl go by. You can forget about ever meaning anything to her

OR

You can that thing that men do...
crap, what is it again, uhh...

Oh YEAH! I remember!

You Can Use Your BALLS!

Listen, buddy, there's one thing that seperates a man from an AFC.
A man takes what he wants and an AFC settles for second best.
You're not an AFC are you?

Now, you may have f*cked this up beyond all hope, but you may have not. So, are you just going to settle for second best or are you going to go for what you want? Sure, you may fail, but would you rather fail as a man or live as an AFC?

Thanks dude, you helped me realize what I have to do in a situation I'm in.

DeePee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl friends are windows and doors to other girls. So, all is not lost if you do end up in the friend zone. No biggie, really. If she had no hot friends, I'd say try to stop the friend zone thing at all costs. But, hot friends makes it all different. My girl best friend has intro'd me to numerous hot friends in the past.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DeePee said:
Girl friends are windows and doors to other girls. So, all is not lost if you do end up in the friend zone. No biggie, really. If she had no hot friends, I'd say try to stop the friend zone thing at all costs. But, hot friends makes it all different. My girl best friend has intro'd me to numerous hot friends in the past.
Do other people agree with this?

I've had at least several situations where I went out with someone once or twice, for whatever reason she wanted to be only friends afterwords, and my policy up to this point was to get rid of her completely, as I don't do female friends.

But, lately, I've been reconsidering this. Is there value to having female friends, if you're still attracted to them?

My gut says "no," because you can't be friends with someone that you're attracted towards. And most women are too petty and selfish to actually introduce you to their friends, and it takes a lot of work and investment of time to have them do that, when you could be out meeting other women in a much more direct and efficient manner.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeEdward1973 said:

I've had at least several situations where I went out with someone once or twice, for whatever reason she wanted to be only friends afterwords, and my policy up to this point was to get rid of her completely, as I don't do female friends.

But, lately, I've been reconsidering this. Is there value to having female friends, if you're still attracted to them?

My gut says "no," because you can't be friends with someone that you're attracted towards. And most women are too petty and selfish to actually introduce you to their friends, and it takes a lot of work and investment of time to have them do that, when you could be out meeting other women in a much more direct and efficient manner.
Never works for me...of course my few hot female friends usually have all guy friends. attention *****s every single one...and I use them to make me look good with other girls.

DeePee

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's worked for me. But I can get past the "I was once attracted to you" part.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeEdward1973 said:

There was a thread about this a while back and the conclusion is that most men and women cannot be real friends because of the sexual tension involved.

When women put you in the friendzone that usually means you're not a friend but an orbitor. You're like a spare tyre. She can call on you when she's bored or use you for the ego boost when she is feeling down.

Women will feel comfortable with some men and want them as friends. Usually to feel comfortable there must be a clear understanding (they both know) that the woman is out of the mans league or the man is gay. When theres a clear understanding of the man being out of the womans league then theres no sexual tension and the woman can feel more comfortable and have him as a friend.

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl im interested in is Jewish, so this might have something to do with it...but im not sure. I do know that some jewish girls would only date jewish men.

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
DonutMan said:
The girl im interested in is Jewish, so this might have something to do with it...but im not sure. I do know that some jewish girls would only date jewish men.
lol, that sounds a lot like some lame ass excuse in case you fail. Stop looking for a scapegoat and man up!