Strong character

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are wimps attractive? Something simple is thrown into their lives and they act like it's the end of the world. I used to be one of them people and I ended up stressing myself into depression (that was a fun few years).

By changing your vocabulary you can strengthen your character alot.

Whatever situation in life you get put in YOU CAN HANDLE IT.

PAIN POWER
words not to use>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>words to use
I can't>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I wont
I should>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I could
It's not my fault>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'm totaly responsible
It's a problem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's an opputunity
I'm never satisfied>>>>>>>>>>>I want to learn and grow
lifes a struggle>>>>>>>>>>>>>life's an adventure
I hope>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I know
If only>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>next time
What will I do?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I know I can handle it
It's terrible>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's a learning experience

I learnt all this from a book called "feel the fear and do it anyways"

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man, words to live by..

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got no idea what this has to do with character. You basically stole the idea of being a positive person.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Thats bull****, if you need that to help you then your problem is elsewhere."

It's all part of a strong mindset. You programme yourself, which helps you face your fears. It's not your fault your slow, i'd say the same junk if i was you too.

"I got no idea what this has to do with character. You basically stole the idea of being a positive person."

Part of a strong character is how you deal with things. It's not everything of course, but its a majour part. Do you think a negative person has strong character? NO!

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
It's all part of a strong mindset. You programme yourself, which helps you face your fears. It's not your fault your slow, i'd say the same junk if i was you too.
Yeah but in the end your only kidding yourself, your just changing the words, but not the situation.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you read the book youd understand.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a gd tip, I jus cba to get in some debate over the science of the brain. the book explains all the science behind it.

Last edited:

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
NLP is probably the result of the fact that you can't actually shut down that damn "roof brain chatter", so you have to switch it from negative crap that reinforces the way things already are to positive stuff that makes it easier to change things.

I do admit, I find the idea of "manufacturing faith" a little hard to swallow, but since advertising can manufacture desire, then I guess it could be possible.

Either way, it, like everything else in the world, doesn't work right away. You probably have to keep the positive affirmations up no matter how much they conflict with reality.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Virtu, nice to see some Welsh people on here. I dunno how you can pick up girls in Cardiff, they all seem busy.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
S0LID, I think he's from Cardiff, California ;).

I agree though, this tip is esentially useless with the background information to back it up.
Also, I don't really believe the method described in that book is the right way to go. It doesn't help one get rid of fear, it just gives them a way of coping with it. If you really want to get on in life, you shouldn't have the fears in the first place.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I jus noticed the CA at the end.

The vocabulary in it makes you sound more powerful.

If you say to someone, I should go out tonight. It doesnt make you sound as if your in control of your life.

Saying, "I could go out tonight" makes you seem in control of your life.

Saying I cant come out tonight, shows weakness. It doesnt sound like your in control of your life.

by saying "I wont be coming out tonight" again shows your in control of your life.

A person with strong character is in control of their life. The book explains if far better. If you want to come across weak and average, well thats your choice.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are weak, it will not matter how much you change your vocal patterns.

There is a lot more to it than training yourself to act strong. For example, I can read one sentence you posted which "sounds weak" despite of the fact that you have read that book:
I dunno how you can pick up girls in Cardiff, they all seem busy.
Does this radiate control? No it doesn't, it's a comment about you wondering passively about the girls in Cardiff. It doesn't matter how many books you read about acting like you can overcome your fear. You just need to stop fearing alltogether.
Inner game, not outer game :)

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well as i dont live in a city, its a whole diffrent game. I'm sure after I did a few approaches there, Id crack it easily.

It's not about acting. You cant just say "o I'll stop fearing", it doesnt work like that! You have to push comfort zones.

I never said it will rid you of fear completely, but it will help.

Even David Deangelo reccomends the book. It worked for me.

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
I jus noticed the CA at the end.

The vocabulary in it makes you sound more powerful.

If you say to someone, I should go out tonight. It doesnt make you sound as if your in control of your life.

Saying, "I could go out tonight" makes you seem in control of your life.

Saying I cant come out tonight, shows weakness. It doesnt sound like your in control of your life.

by saying "I wont be coming out tonight" again shows your in control of your life.

A person with strong character is in control of their life. The book explains if far better. If you want to come across weak and average, well thats your choice.
sounds like crap, if i have exams and i say i cant go out the night before, how is that weak, its the simple truth.

wut so by saying you wont u show your in control?
control of what its still the same situation and you are still not in control you are a slave to the system !

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wont be going out tonight, I have exams to sort out sounds more powerful. But hey, if you think it's crap, thats your choice.