Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Strength decrease

Aka

Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed today that I can't bench press with as much weight as I normally would. Instead of increasing the weight, I have to decrease it. Same with shoulder presses. Could it be that I went swimming yesterday? My deadlift & squats numbers are increasing, but my bench & shoulder press are decreasing. Did this ever happened to you?

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does your weekly routine look like? Be specific with exercises and sets and reps.

When was the last time you went light or had a week off?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye it happened to me a couple of years ago. I was eating fine and increasing in weight and all of a sudden I had lost like 20 pounds on the bench for no reason at all.

Maybe you need to check over your form or check over the volume you do for tris/shoulders/chest.

Aka

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
Bench Press 3X10
Incline 3 or 2 X10
Decline 3 or 2 X10

Military Press 3X10
Front Raises 3X10
Upright Rows 3X10

Close Grip B.press 3x6
Overhead Triceps Press: 3X6
Skull Crushers: 3X6

I don't do the exercises in the same order every time. I was always weak at chest and shoulders but it annoys me that I can't lift the amount I lifted the previous week for example. I have lost 10 kilograms in the past month, maybe that is also another reason. Anyhow I started consuming more calories for 5 days per week, 2 days I consume less calories. I used to use heavier weights and go for 6 reps, but I switched to this routine for now since I started going to the gym again.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice...... absolutely no back, leg, posterior chain work.

Add another day of
Squats 5x5
STiff leg deadlifts 3x10
Abs whatever x whatever

And

DB Rows 3x10
Chinups 3xfailure
Rear delt flyes 3x10

There you go.

If oyu have lost 10kg in one month you will obviously have lost strength.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a one-off bad workout happens often and is NO reason to dramatically change your diet, your routine or have a week off. you should make changes if you are having consistently bad workouts.

however:

on your other thread you said you ate like 1500 calories a day. it is natural you will lose strength and muscle!

Aka

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I am trying to eat more than that from now on.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Take it light for the next week and then I would recommend going onto one of the following:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444
Or do something along the lines MrS suggested:

Squat 5x5
SLDL 3x10
Abs

Bench 5x5
DB Press 3x10
Dips 3x10

DB Rows 3x10
Chinups 3xfailure
Rear delt flyes 3x10

Simple, basic routines like that work awesome for strength and size, but hardly anyone will do them because they're not flash enough, or, the classic "it's not enough work for me". :D

But something like that has pretty much every exercise you'd need to get big and strong. Get as strong as hell on those and you'll be as big as you'll ever be (naturally anyway).