Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Strategy for Raising Interest Level

FMLizard

Don Juan
Reaction score
I came to the DJ Center in early October as a broken man. My crisis with women had reached a head, a point at which I would literally fall down in terror, in disappointment, in failure. I cried, I laughed, then I researched and studied, determined to help myself. My transition from emotional wreck to logical thinker gave me the upper hand on women, who are inherently less logical and more emotionally fragile. Time passed, and I developed a strategy, an adaptation of things I learned here, at the DJ Center. While these details are just elements of a general plan of self improvement, I hope my story can be as inspirational to you all as you were to me in my time of need.

My strategy with this new girl I am seeing was actually quite simple. I artificially made myself into a desired man. I had a weeklong period in early November in which I made a concerted effort to meet women. In each interaction, I made a point of mentioning that I had other dates going on that weekend. Was it true? Naw. But you should have seen the effect it had. From that critical moment on, each conversation went notably better than it had when I carried no social proof. I ended up with a record 4 numbers that weekend, and it created a snowball effect. Now, here I was with more #s and prospects than I had time for. I had to blow off a nice 7 because there just wasnt time to get ahold of her. This will do wonders for your ego, and this shines through. I played the other dates card on my #1 target numerous times, to the point where I told her all about my evenings I was going on, one real and one ficticious.
This strategy played on two fundamental attributes of women:

1. Women on their most basic level derive their ego and sense of self worth through the social standing and worth of the man in their life. This is otherwise known to us DJs as social proof. Pook makes an excellent post which goes a little deeper into the topic here http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/009608.html

2. Women are inherently jealous people. All of these women wanted what the other few women, ficticious or real, were perceived to have had. Is a diamond really any better than a piece of glass? Not really, but when you consider that so many people desire diamonds and no one wants a broken shard of glass, there becomes a great demand.

So what happened with this situation? Well, I have been dating the thin 6' blonde hair blue eyes #1 prospect for about a month now, and two of the three other girls who I got numbers from went and found my numbers in campus directories and called to ask me out because my desire was snuffed by having the other girl. Not only that, but the girl I had been after the entire semester asked me out a couple days ago. It felt awful good to say no, let me tell you. Am I cured of being an AFC? Only time will tell. I just want you all to know that the DJ center can give us all hope.

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FMLizard:
1. Women on their most basic level derive their ego and sense of self worth through the social standing and worth of the man in their life. This is otherwise known to us DJs as social proof. Pook makes an excellent post which goes a little deeper into the topic here http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/009608.html

YES!

If there is one thing any DJ needs to know, it's this.

It is not about you. It is never about you. It is always about the woman's view of herself. If you're a high-status guy, she will see that dating you will raise her status and make her feel good.

If you are a low-status guy, dating you will lower her status and make her feel bad.

And social proof is literally proof of high social status.

But here's the kicker - social proof is relative, not absolute. All you have to do to appear to be high status is to have higher status than the guys around her.

Example: this why those gonzo rock guitarists do so well. We all know their chances of being the next U2 are slightly less than their chances of being wiped out by an extinction-level meteorite. But just getting up on stage gives them high status, and the chicks totally go for that, even if the stage is in some crappy bar in Hickville, Nowhereland.

So for high status just:

Have, or manufacture, lots of competition

Do or say something excellent in a chick's presence. (If you can't manage excellent, anything that makes you stand above the average Joe will do just fine.)

And that's it. End of problem.

It really is that easy.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do or say something excellent in a chick's presence. (If you can't manage excellent, anything that makes you stand above the average Joe will do just fine.)
Does this count if I play sports (Basketball), work out / train, and, that I am quite intelligent (have an intelligent conversation or make some thought provoking statements)?

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great tip! It definetly raises your value. Social proof is one of the best things you can have going for you.

Remember, when you first interact with a girl, in order to attract her you must DEMONSTRATE HIGHER VALUE (DHV). You can do this a number of ways.

I often comment on women's fashion, and usually go into how my ex girlfriend is a fashion consultant/model/designer, etc... or I might mention my ex was a dancer, or stuff like that. It doesn't create the competition like you mentioned, but it still raises your value.

I love this idea. I'm going to try it. How do you usually mention that you're seeing other girls? Could you give an example. An example of what I do is I'll say to a girl "I have an intuition about you... are you a dancer?" "Oh, really? See.. my ex girlfriend was a dancer, blah blah blah".

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
A short story about social proof:

A while ago I met an attractive women who seemed to be into musicians. Things were going really well and the only thing I told her about me was that I played guitar. Me being the "modest" man that I am, I didn't mention anything more about my musical career or that I have played infront of thousands numerous times. So as far as she was concerned, I was just a guy who plays guitar.

A few days later I called her and she told me she hooked up with some guy who plays in a local band. I found out that the band sucked and really played commercial music that girls love.

The thing is, just because the girl assumed the other guy had more going than I did was enough for her to ditch me, even though that was not the case.

So yes, girls go for guys who present themselves to be something great, even if its far from reality.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FMLizard
In each interaction, I made a point of mentioning that I had other dates going on that weekend. Was it true? Naw. But you should have seen the effect it had.
Overall, the post was good. However, you can only lie so long until you get "sniffed" out. If you spend enough time with a person, you will be able to tell if they are congruent or not and whether they really are everything that they claim to be. Remember that if you are caught lieing, the negative social value that may follow in your social circle will be that much more damaging. The process of improvement should always be ongoing ... your aim is to become the real deal and only then, will you become a real DJ.

I would encourage DJs here to watch Groundhog Day if they haven't yet. You will see how Bill Murray finally gets the girl when he transforms into the "real deal."

Maximus_Decimus

Last edited: