strange kind of girl to chase: need advice

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, here's the situation:

The girl I'm interested in right now is a girl that I knew before in high school - not very well, but just someone one or two jumps from my group of friends. She's not someone that I would normally go out with to chill or anything, or even talk to much, but enough to less than "friend" and more than "acquaintance".

Not sure how to pursue this one, because for a girl that I just met on the street, I could call her up and it would be obvious that I am trying to go out with her... but not that -unknown- kind of factor.

More like an old person you know, but not really know. It has a strange feeling to call her up to ask her to ask her to go out, you know? Like, "Why is he calling me?"

You guys have any advice?

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said that you knew this girl since high school even only as acquaintance.

Are you college (or post-college) age? Because if you are, you have to change your mentality on interacting with the opposite sex. Don't worry about she might think (because she may be elated to hear from you) or the "other kids at the next lunch table" may think.

Now rescrew your balls and take that risk!

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Why is he calling me?"

I always think "why is this person calling me" when I answer the phone. Women, buddies, my mother. Phone calls are made for a reason. If someone calls me and has nothing to say, it really pisses me off. It is totally normal for everyone to wonder why someone is calling them. She could think of you as the 8th wonder of the world and still wonder what it is you're calling her about. No reason to be stressed on that at all.

As for asking her out...same as any other woman. She's just another braud. So she's a friend of a friend. That's how I've gotten half the women I've bagged.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha.. who knows? Anyways, I called her a few days before to see if she wanted to go out, and she agreed, but called me the morning of that day to cancel because something came up.

Guess I'll give it another shot and see how it goes from there.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.. just called her again to ask her to come out this week, and everything went smoothly - except, after discussing plans, she asked me to call her back to confirm 'after checking with everyone else's schedule' (of our mutual friends names).

Damn, didn't even mention them, but she automatically assumed I'm organizing going out like I always do, instead of just calling her out.. anyone can think of a smooth solution? Not for this time, of course, as it is already done, but for next time I mean.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
... dude :eek:

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, second time I was inviting her today, and she broke it off again. Actually, we made plans last week, and I called today to confirm.. turns out she forgot about it, and already made plans with someone else.

Low interest level? Or no interest level? What's a good way to take it from here?

Don't say the word 'next' though :D

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lancer
Damn, second time I was inviting her today, and she broke it off again. Actually, we made plans last week, and I called today to confirm.. turns out she forgot about it, and already made plans with someone else.

Low interest level? Or no interest level? What's a good way to take it from here?
Yes it is low IL.

If she didn't counter offer, then she doesn't really want to go.

She has flaked twice (and the second excuse was weak and to be frank - an insult). Even if you get her on a date she will probably be bored and there because she had nothing else to do. And then you probably have to go through this sh1t again to get the 2nd date...

She isn't interested and you're effort is better spent elsewhere.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but there's no where else that I really want to spend the effort. I probably have a case of oneitis right now, but I'm pretty specific in the kind of girl I want, so I won't want to give up so easily this time.

I will be asking her a third time.. despite my own best instinct and also the recommendation of my friends.. so is there any best way to make the best of a bad situation? Or are ya'all just cutting me off here :D. Don't want to seem like I'm discounting your advices, but I do like this girl.

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys, throw me a witty ploy or something to use :p

Loke

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can keep up bouncing around it and wondering everytime if she knew what your intentions were, or you can come right out with it.

You don't have to be over the top "I love you". But specify, "I was hoping it could be just us this time"

Or a little softer maybe "We've never really hung out alone before, I'd really like that, to get to know you better"

Loke