Stop The Self Improvement

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:
That and good genetics, and 5 meals a day, and constant chugging of protein shakes. And if you're a short guy, it doesn't matter how much muscle you pack.
Well, that's not quite true, now is it? With the right exercise selection and a good solid diet with three meals a day anyone can have a good physique with 45 minutes of working out a day. You shouldn't go overboard, but it has many advantages and it can be quite fun, so why not just do it?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
In other words, just sit on your ass and memorize lots of PUA lines and routines.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the most part of this post. February last year I was at rock bottom, having grown complacent in a relationship, losing my confidence and my physique. Women were shooting me down and treating me like crap. I tried applying my game and all the things I'd learned previously from the DJ/seduction community, but it was useless.

Then I got back into my self-improvement routine, hit the gym, started spending more time on dressing and grooming well, started some projects to make money and occupy my mind and began forcing myself out of my comfort zone. A year later I've got 8s and 9s throwing themselves at me, I feel the best I've ever felt; I feel naturally confident and with that confidence comes charisma and conversational skills.

Unless you've actually tried hitting the gym and spent time working on your body, you have no idea how this affects your mindset. Not only do the physical changes give you something to be proud of, but it releases testosterone which makes you more bold, fearless and confident...and more of an animal in bed. Women pick up on this and it turns them on.

Besides, it only takes an hour a day in the gym at most to get a productive work out. Unless you're looking to be a competetive bodybuilder, it's hardly life consuming.

If I'd taken the attitude that self-improvement doesn't matter, I would still be that out of shape and insecure loser I was last year.

That said, I do agree on your point about hobbies and friends.
Bingo guys don't realize how easy it is
I'm in the same boat right now where Jariel was at in February. I have women dissing me left and right and guess what my game is tighter right now then its ever been, I can easily get models phone number etc but due to the fact that I'm so out of shape I ain't getting call backs

been hitting the gym 2 months and can't believe how I let myself go

If game trumps everything then trust me I wouldn't be here cause I know my game is solid just check my resume brah

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AtomicDog said:
That and good genetics, and 5 meals a day, and constant chugging of protein shakes. And if you're a short guy, it doesn't matter how much muscle you pack.
You only need to chug a protein shake before or after your work out and 5 meals per day isn't so bad and you can replace one or two of these with a slow release protein shake. As for being short, it's surely better to be short and ripped than short and skinny or fat.

There's this big misconception that if you want to be in shape you have to eat and train like a pro-bodybuilder. That's not true at all. If you train like a bodybuilder and you're not on steroids, you're simply overtraining.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Bingo guys don't realize how easy it is
I'm in the same boat right now where Jariel was at in February. I have women dissing me left and right and guess what my game is tighter right now then its ever been, I can easily get models phone number etc but due to the fact that I'm so out of shape I ain't getting call backs

been hitting the gym 2 months and can't believe how I let myself go

If game trumps everything then trust me I wouldn't be here cause I know my game is solid just check my resume brah

Glad to see you getting back on track! It will definitely make a big difference as I'm sure you know. Plus, it's the whole mindset that goes with it. Having game is one thing, but knowing how to use it with a bold and confident mindset is pure gold!

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Original Post is full of fail. I wont even tear it down point by point. By the time I got to the part where the OP was an admitted misogynist I just lol'd and his last morsel of credibility was lost.

For me, my success in all areas of life have come down to this equation:

Gym [Staying lean and cut] + Gear [Clothes] + Education [gettin' that paper] =

Success in the grand scheme of life.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
The Original Post is full of fail. I wont even tear it down point by point. By the time I got to the part where the OP was an admitted misogynist I just lol'd and his last morsel of credibility was lost.
Miss Jaylan, please explain to us all how the OP is an admitted misogynist.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol Mods be trollin now too huh? Since you call me Miss, maybe I should start speaking like a sweet Southern Belle. /sarcasm

Found it "Am I a mysoginst? You bet your ass I am "

Learn to read. Its in step 4. And btw, step 4 highlights things both men and women should know how to do, in order to ensure they are good spouses and parents.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't advocate stopping these things, because some of us do all those things because we legitimately enjoy doing them and they are not a means to an end.

Rhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drop out of school and get life experience? Are you serious? Making a successful life for yourself should be the focus of your education period, wasting it on crazy expeditions or whatever you're advocating is just stupid. You have the rest of your life to do that, after you've earned a master's degree. Sure, women won't flock to you because of your degree, but it's not for them. It's for you - making money and contributing to society. Similarly, your improvement should be primary - women are temporary, and although we all WANT them, they aren't NEEDED to have a successful life until you wanna continue your family tree.

Oh, and I agree that you shouldn't drop hobbies and things you enjoy to do things that are more "macho," but dropping the competitive Xbox was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Some things need to go as a route to improvement.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool thread. Numbers indicate responses to your points:

1. Yeah, the gym is full of insecure dudes. Don't believe me? Make a superficial comment on how small they look and watch them melt. That being said, I enjoy the gym because of the way I feel after, not because I want to "get huge". I do martial arts, and I know that "being huge" has nothing to do with ANYTHING.

2. I've noticed that all a degree does is make guys think they are the ultimate resource for knowledge, as well as make them over think things. That being said, I enjoy going to class because of all the hot girls running around waiting to be cold approached . :] As far as the business I've personally started and the subsequent money, that is for MY personal pleasure. I don't need any of that sh*t to pull girls. It will help though, having money gives you access to things that can benefit you.

3. Good advice. I myself am at the point where I'm finally starting to see results after years of study, practice, and pain.

4. EXCELLENT.

5. Great explanation of "IOI's" without putting too much focus on actually LOOKING for them.

6. I remember hanging out with this chick and being impressed at her taste for classical music. It was strange, but better than the usual pop that most girls listen to.

7. Good.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop going to school? Who the fvck goes to school to get women? You can both go to school and live an interesting life. I'm a pretty lazy dude and I manage to do this!

As for the gym, if you wanna go then do it. You definitely don't need to be ripped to pull girls though. I'm average weight, not skinny not fat, not jacked.. and I can pull girls whenever I want in a bar. Know why? Cause I'm confident, clever, funny, and adventerous. As long as you have these charismatic attributes it doesn't matter what you look like.

Beauty is completely subjective. It is a concept projected from elites in various societies over the masses. Fat women were considered attractive at some point in time and skinny women were considered gross and unhealthy.

thinkinblue613

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex DeLarge said:
Beauty is completely subjective. It is a concept projected from elites in various societies over the masses. Fat women were considered attractive at some point in time and skinny women were considered gross and unhealthy.
Same goes for penis size. Back in the day, people endeared the smaller/average lengths. It is insane how these trends are constantly changing.

Fat women were regarded more attractive, especially in the times/places where food was limited/short. It had to do with the survival of the young, skinny women also couldn't have as many kids as bigger women.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
This works for me! It's sad to see that PUArtistry has jumped from learning social skills to requiring muscles, money and education in order to meet girls (the reverse of what PUA is based on). Personally, I really don't care what you do, but I'm out here enjoying life with mates who are doing the same. None of us stress about exercise, school or money and we are all cleaning up with women. We have about a 1 in 2 hit rate and very few guys that come up here, stay single for more than 2 weeks, however, I didn't write this piece with a focus of foreign women or foreign lands....

I believe my points are still relevant to life in North America. If you don't like it or you think its BS, fine... I think the forum and message has morphed into something so far removed from the original principles of pickup. There is a certain 'guru' in Canada who prides himself on wearing a girdle to keep his beer gut in, yet manages to pickup women left, right and center. Lets not forget sosuave.com is not bodybuilders.com, nor is it run by Tony Robbins or The Millionaire Mind guy. The point of this site WAS to show typical guys how to meet women without having to turn to pep-talks and protien shakes. If my friends in Canada who look like hell and are broke as fvck, still manage to bed hot young women, even past the age of 40, the guys here can certainly learn to work with what they have. Unless Doc Love is planning on selling a new CD that promotes acquiring education/muscles and money to meet women, I think he would agree with me here. A solid foundation in ****y/Funny and a little game theory is all you need.

But maybe you are right, maybe my friends and I are just incredibly lucky and have been so for the past 10 years. Maybe you need all this other crap to meet modern North American women... what a shame.

Rollo: At least out here I get to be myself and I'm not faulted for it.

If anyone is ever in Shanghai, send me a PM.

Peace out.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like some of what your saying... Basically that you are good enough right now....THAT I can agree with. THAT is also one of the big problems a lot of guys have when trying to meet women, they don't think they are good / entitled enough right now (like she's some kind of f*cking perfect goddess)

BUT - I dunno man, what you are describing might be attributed to where you live. Seems to me where I'm at you need to have a lot of sh*t going for you to get the dimes, judgmental and shallow as f*ck and if you brought out magic cards to a club they would laugh you out of there. Not judging, just saying how it is. Either way good that your having success in that area, but long term what are you doing to make sure that you have the best life you can,....for you? I think that's what a lot of guys here are getting at.

Liked the post mate, good luck

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thinkinblue613 said:
Same goes for penis size. Back in the day, people endeared the smaller/average lengths. It is insane how these trends are constantly changing.

What the fvck are you talking about? Since when was a tiny penor endeared xD

Fat women were regarded more attractive, especially in the times/places where food was limited/short. It had to do with the survival of the young, skinny women also couldn't have as many kids as bigger women.

Thick women were endeared. Not fat women. There is a difference between thick and fat.
In bold for ya buddy.

LiveFreeX said:
This works for me! It's sad to see that PUArtistry has jumped from learning social skills to requiring muscles, money and education in order to meet girls (the reverse of what PUA is based on).

Brains, Brawn, and Money > Uneducated, Out of Shape, little cash....Any day of the week. Social skills are still taught, however, overall improvement is pushed greatly because it works. Being physically healthy, educated, and having monetary resources puts you in a better position than the average folks of the world.

Personally, I really don't care what you do, but I'm out here enjoying life with mates who are doing the same. None of us stress about exercise, school or money and we are all cleaning up with women. We have about a 1 in 2 hit rate and very few guys that come up here, stay single for more than 2 weeks, however, I didn't write this piece with a focus of foreign women or foreign lands....

Its not stressful for those who enjoy it. I enjoy that high feeling when I hope of the bike after 12 miles. I enjoy the soreness in my muscles that tells me I am only going to get more defined muscles.

I like knowing that my degree will mean I will make more in my lifetime than if I didnt have one. Look up the statistics on degree holders vs those without. Sure there are people who do fine without one or poorly with one, but the averages speak for themselves. A degree vastly increases your earning power. Which is why I will have a Masters within 2 years as well.

I believe my points are still relevant to life in North America. If you don't like it or you think its BS, fine... I think the forum and message has morphed into something so far removed from the original principles of pickup. There is a certain 'guru' in Canada who prides himself on wearing a girdle to keep his beer gut in, yet manages to pickup women left, right and center.

I take gurus with a grain of salt. A lot of them BS their stories and success rates. And then we have some in the community I have seen brag a lot and dont do nearly as well as they say they do.

Lets not forget sosuave.com is not bodybuilders.com, nor is it run by Tony Robbins or The Millionaire Mind guy. The point of this site WAS to show typical guys how to meet women without having to turn to pep-talks and protien shakes. If my friends in Canada who look like hell and are broke as fvck, still manage to bed hot young women, even past the age of 40, the guys here can certainly learn to work with what they have.

Lol hot is subjective. I can only imagine what some past 40 ugly, broke dude brings home. I can guess that itd make me cringe though.

Unless Doc Love is planning on selling a new CD that promotes acquiring education/muscles and money to meet women, I think he would agree with me here. A solid foundation in ****y/Funny and a little game theory is all you need.

Not even dude. Women can be just as shallow and as visual as men. Game is great to have, but your looks get you in the door a lot of the time. The less looks and status you have, the more game you need. And sometimes tremendous game wont overcome physical appearance, as many short guys or out of shape guys will tell you. It either took them hitting the gym or approaching a different type of woman, for them to get success. Do a thread search. Not making it up.

But maybe you are right, maybe my friends and I are just incredibly lucky and have been so for the past 10 years. Maybe you need all this other crap to meet modern North American women... what a shame.

Rollo: At least out here I get to be myself and I'm not faulted for it.

If anyone is ever in Shanghai, send me a PM.

Peace out.
Bolded

yuppaz said:
I like some of what your saying... Basically that you are good enough right now....THAT I can agree with. THAT is also one of the big problems a lot of guys have when trying to meet women, they don't think they are good / entitled enough right now (like she's some kind of f*cking perfect goddess)

Ive found the opposite to be true. That dudes sometimes feel so entitled to sex that they expect to get it in with a chick without having their sh!t together. You see both sides of the entitlement coin on this forum though. It really just depends on the dude.
Another response in bold

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
This works for me! It's sad to see that PUArtistry has jumped from learning social skills to requiring muscles, money and education in order to meet girls (the reverse of what PUA is based on). Personally, I really don't care what you do, but I'm out here enjoying life with mates who are doing the same. None of us stress about exercise, school or money and we are all cleaning up with women. We have about a 1 in 2 hit rate and very few guys that come up here, stay single for more than 2 weeks, however, I didn't write this piece with a focus of foreign women or foreign lands....

I believe my points are still relevant to life in North America.

Peace out.
If what you saying is true then why did you move to shanghai? If this "works for you" then why you adovacate "Dating abroad" so vehemently?

Sorry Live but this is where you lose creditability, if this advice works then why you halfway across the world where game isn't needed? and the average income is 5 thousand a year?

No wonder your ratio is 1 out 2.

Your a guy in China trying to give USA guys advice on what your experiencing. Sorry Live but you sold out, you took the easy route

Ill stay here with my "freedom of speech" and "right to bare arms"

Good luck with your 1.2 kid and 450 square foot apartment

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said this in another thread, and i'll say it here; the OP is a failure and he knows it. There is no running from failure, and there is no rationalizing failure. He elects to attack the later since he knows that successful people here are successful financially and physically. When something this bold goes against what you know, the only thing you can do is make a post like this and hope a few people agree. This way, he feels like he can justify his miserable world by enlisting the interest of others for his cause.

OP - you can't pretend your not a failure. You can't run away from failure. Yet, you write a friggan bible about how self improvement isn't the way. The question here is : what gives you any credibility at all to make such a statement? As Solomon said, your credibility is garbage.

If you get women, why do you post here? if you hate the community and the tenants which we believe in, why do you post here? It doesn't bother me at all that people have differing opinions, and god knows that there is some god awful advice , but most of this **** is kept in check by folks who are successful with health, wealth, and women.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Learn to read. Its in step 4. And btw, step 4 highlights things both men and women should know how to do, in order to ensure they are good spouses and parents.
Thank you Miss Jaylan, I haven't read Step 4 very thoroughly and I missed that.

What is wrong with him having standards for women? Women have standards for men. A laundry list of demands and character qualities that usually few men alive can ever aspire to be. Do you believe women are more justified in having these demands? Yet when men make similar demands, they are labelled as hating women. Why is that Miss Jaylan?

BTW, I am stating my opinion as an individual, it's not a public statement on behalf of the moderators unless otherwise noted.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not about standards dude. Misogyny has nothing to do with standards. I have high standards and do not hold a misogynistic attitude. My original post in this thread referenced his admitted misogyny. So stay on point. Its not necessarily about his demands alone, but his overall attitude and admittance to misogyny as I have already said.

In regards to a females standards, if she had a laundry list and professed having some misandry within her, I would jump on that crap too.

And your public statement is trash. I would think a moderator would be more mature than to try a troll a user with a poor and sad attempt at an insult. Its really pathetic that instead of admitting you made a mistake by not reading whereafter you attempted to start an argument, that you would rather swing the issue onto standards(something I wasnt even talking about), and continue with silly playground antics.