Stop texting

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop texting. Texting was invented for women as another vehicle to babble about shopping, men and pop culture. You are just another one of her girlfriends if you text her, the same label cast upon you if you wore a pink shirt.

Jizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing wrong with both texting nor wearing pink if you can pull it off

**** off and stop being such a **** trying to act all hard!

shark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh..i'd say texting.. AND wearing pink in moderation (wearing pink, SEVERE moderation) is ok-fine.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made a very concious decision to stop IM'ing girls I'm dating. Ever since, I have been maintaing more control over when i talk and see them. I don't want them to know when I'm at home just sitting in my boxers, surfing the net...bored.... it ruins the mystery and is such a pvssy way getting in touch with them.

If they try and get me on messenger, I block them or tell them that i'm never on.... until later when things start to get more serious... even then, i'm not a fan.

Texting is no different. it's really lame

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you text a girl one time, then she'll start texting you forever even if you stop texting, and that'll be their only way of communication sometimes, not to mention that if a girl you're messing with texts you and you don't reply, she'll be questioning you. Girls use text mesaging (or cell phones in general) as a tracking device...

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes! Please do stop talking with the girlies via text! You'll catch phone aids!

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree at all. Many of my girlfriends, dates and casual flings came about via texting. I've even built good rapport and intimacy via text conversations too and transformed acquaintances into friends and into lovers. Same thing goes for emails and IMs.

Besides, I prefer text messages over phonecalls as I can pick them up and reply at a convenient time without being disturbed. I'm sure many girls feel the same way.

Personally, I'm a big advocate of text messaging and I've experienced enough success to know it works for me.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
texting tells me that you don't have the dignity to pick up the phone and call me and talk like real people. yeah, lots of stupid girls do prefer to text, so what? No real professional with a life sits around text messaging all day.

I'm pretty sure text messaging was invented to help communicate, say, in a meeting or in class when you can't just pick up the phone and call. But me, personally, I don't believe people should have 24-7 access to me, and it pisses me off how it's "expected" to answer the cell phone exactly when it rings anyway. Way too many games have become prevalent because of text messaging and cell phones in general.

The girl I'm seeing now gets pathetic text messages but no calls from lots of AFC guys who worship the ground she walks on. It's funny to me how some guys are reduced to that, not even having the nuts to call a girl, and taking the result like a man.

Horse Whisperer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting, emails - hell , even owning a mobile phone opens up a whole new world of game playing. I don't own a mobile phone and a female friend recently told me that I NEED one because girls like receiving little texts etc to 'give them a little emotional lift' to feel good about themselves, garner attention etc.
I was quite taken a back and started to think she had a point. I decided that I didnt want a girl to be interested in me for those reasons. Saying that, it still nags me at the back of my mind that I might be doing myself a disservice not owning a mobile. Then again, I don't want to play games!
To play or not to play - that is the question!

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Broham
Stop texting. Texting was invented for women as another vehicle to babble about shopping, men and pop culture. You are just another one of her girlfriends if you text her, the same label cast upon you if you wore a pink shirt.
stop being a virgin.

Tonight I'm going to see a girl whose parents are out of town who calls me "pinky" because when she met me I was in a pink shirt, and we set up the date by text.

I'll be getting laid tonight. what will you be doing?

-none of this is a lie. its just perfect timing.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Stop texting

Originally posted by quest
-none of this is a lie. its just perfect timing.
Likewise. A lot of the "real men does/doesn't do X or Y" type advice is all good and consistent in theory, but not always true to experience.

rockstar88

Don Juan
Reaction score
the worst place to live when you reall want to be
it's 2005 text messaging and e-mails are a new way of converstation. you think when the phone was invented people were like. nope your a puss#y if you use the phone instead of riding your horse 12 miles in the middle of januairy in a blizzard just to tell a girl to your comming over in an hour. than get back on your horse ride threw the blizzard 12 miles bathe in the river put on your wool shirt and ride back over. Fuct no. It's just a sign of the times

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rockstar88
it's 2005 text messaging and e-mails are a new way of converstation. you think when the phone was invented people were like. nope your a puss#y if you use the phone instead of riding your horse 12 miles in the middle of januairy in a blizzard just to tell a girl to your comming over in an hour. than get back on your horse ride threw the blizzard 12 miles bathe in the river put on your wool shirt and ride back over. Fuct no. It's just a sign of the times
BOO YA!

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a big advocate of texting for the following reasons

1) Things said in Text can sometimes be interpreted more then one way, this means you can misinterpret some she says to come off like she is hitting on you, also if she reads some thing you said and she is not sure which way to take it she will wonder which means she is thinking about you (this usually means she will msg back for clarification which brings me to point 2)

2) you can msg her back WHENEVER you want, I often get msgs from girls and don't msg back for a couple of hours or even days, wussy? I think not, it shows I am busy to busy to even msg.
It is not a tracking device or some such nonsense nor do you come off like one of her girls friends if you do it right it is another tool in your belt.

3) I am in sales so I am on the phone all the time so I hate being on it on my days off.

Having said that I always call a girl the first time otherwise it can come across like you don't have the confidence to call her.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Horse Whisperer
I don't own a mobile phone and a female friend recently told me that I NEED one because girls like receiving little texts etc to 'give them a little emotional lift' to feel good about themselves, garner attention etc.
girls will tell you they like all sorts of things that have nothing to do with if you get in their pants or not

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meh. My g/f almost exclusively uses txts, she just doesn't like the phone that much. Because of this, I have become a micaelangelo of txt messages. I can compose some beauties. They just drip with insinuations and sexual references, and its totally deniable.

Txts aren't bad, if you can use em properly.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahha, I posted something similarly on this subject before.

It all depends on how you work it.

Like someone said before we live in a 2005 where Text Messaging and IMing are now what most young and old use for communication rather then the telephone.

There are lots of reasons why and some are valid then others.

I think your post shouldn't of said DON'T TEXT instead say Texting isn't for all. or Texting can be your down fall. Or something like that other then saying it doesn't work cause it dose just not for everyone.

It has worked and not worked for me so I know saying it doesn't is not true.

Now, I believe if you got the skills to game chicks through text and IM then right on.

I believe that the reason for people saying it doesn't work is because they burnt themselves bad.

When you text,IM, or/and email it is easier to say things to that person rather if you were in person face to face or over the phone. You are a little bolder.

You have time to think and properly say what you want to say.

And it's easy to be someone your not.

and when you do all three things and when you meet you fail to keep the same personality you end up failing and burning yourself with that chick. And then blaming it on Text and IM.

You just need to remember to keep the same personality and stuff that you are when on IM when you are in person.

No one likes posers or wannabes.

Also only doing IM and text can, I said can mess up your social and communication skills when gaming chicks on the phone or/and in person.

Just do what works for you and don't knock things that don't work for you because it just may work for someone else.