Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stop Doing So Much

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the biggest hunks of bullsh!t floating through the community is that in order for a girl to like you, you have to DO something. You have to DO x,y,z to "create attraction", or else the girl can't like you.

Bull. Fvcking. Sh!t.

The biggest realization I had over the course of the past two years is that girls can be attracted to me, and I don't have to consciously do anything to induce it. I know you're thinking, "Well, that's because you're goodlooking." No, I'm not. I average 7.5-8 on hotornot. So no, I'm not a mutant, but I'm not a model either. And I'm not tall. I'm 5'6.

I know this is hard for many of you to believe, but at your core, you are an attractive person. I believed this before I heard Juggler say it, but I agree with him 100%.

The thing that sets back sooo many guys in the community is the belief that in order for a girl to be attracted to them, they have to consciously be DOING something all the time. They have to be ****y/funny or tell a DHV routine or do a cold read or run strawberry fields, blah blah. NO. These CAN BE helpful tools during a cold approach, so by all means, use them if you think you need them.

But do as little as necessary. You might not NEED all this stuff for a girl to like you. You probably don't.

Look, the thing that has fvcked up my game more than anything else is that I did sh!t that I didn't need to do. Let me explain it like this. Some of you may be familiar with what I'm about to allude to as "Value Calibration", but I like analogies with visual imagery:

---------------------------
Coke Bottle Theory

Think of your baseline coolness/confidence as the amount of coke in a coke bottle. Starting off, many of us probably had very little coke in the bottle. So in order for us to be enticing--to appear to be a full coke bottle-- we had to SHAKE THINGS UP. We used ****y/funny lines and negs and generally did things that were out of our comfort zones. Maybe we felt they were a little a$$hole-ish. We shook the bottle and our coke fizzed up to the top and made us look enticing.

However, over time, as we socialize more and more, and get more and more experience, our baseline coolness goes up. More REAL coke fills the bottle. Once you get to a point where your coke is near the top of the bottle, DON'T shake things up anymore than you need to. Once you have cool, normal body language... once you don't get very nervous around girls anymore... once you have good style... once you are a few months into a weightlifting program... once you don't take yourself very seriously anymore... once you can make good eye contact... once you can speak clearly and project loudly from your chest...once you've broken most of the habits TD outlined in his "25 Points" post...

THEN your baseline coolness is pretty high. And if you shake things up anymore, then your coke overflows out of the bottle and onto the floor. In other words, you look like a TRYHARD and NOT COOL anymore, because you were already cool before you did anything.
---------------------------

The problem for some guys (including me) is that our self-image hasn't caught up to how cool we've become in other people's eyes. It's like the guy who used to be skinny and started weightlifting. Even though people comment all the time on how buff he's gotten, he still feels skinny.

For me, I've taken care of pretty much all of the components of being a COOL, NORMAL guy. I don't creep girls out anymore. I can just BE NORMAL and girls will often sarge me. Maybe they won't COLD approach me (like in a club setting) because they are afraid, but I pretty much have girls clamoring for my attention (kinoing me, etc) in my social circles now, or places where there is some kind of shared rapport (house parties, etc). And, IMO, guys need to become BASELINE COOL before they even begin to worry about cold approaching.

If you're a fvcking 40 year old computer programmer archetypical dork guy (and don't lie to yourself if you are :), then fvcking GET COOL, man! I really have to laugh when I watch these seduction DVD programs and the audience is filled with 40 year old, pudgy, balding guys wearing khakis with a tucked in shirt and a pocket protector.

No, Four-Eyes, asking "Are you single?" in a suspicious tone and then asking her number isn't going to work. Trust me I tried it. And I'm half your age. Lots of fake numbers. I wasn't cool. Even some of the more savvy approaches just aren't going to work very well for these guys if they don't raise their baseline coolness. IMO, cold-approaching as a guy who has a low baseline level of coolness is a verrrry slow way to go about things and potentially progress-stunting (as it's very easy for a guy like that to get discouraged and give up). Get a BASELINE level of coolness FIRST.

How to get a BASELINE LEVEL Of COOLNESS:

Guys, please take care of this stuff. I can't stress it enough. Work out. Buy cool clothes (ask people's advice if you don't know what's cool). Get comfortable around hot girls. That might sound like a tall order, but it's not. For me, I just made a deal with myself that I would be celibate for three months. WAM, girls instantly lost their power over me. And at my work, I had to interact with a few of them. I came to be comfortable around them over the course of a few weeks since they had no sexual power over me. My social calibration shot up (my coke bottle filled up more). Go out with your friends and joke around. Focus on having fun and on being expressive. More than anything this is key. I reccomend reading Juggler for a better explanation on how to let yourself be expressive. Most guys' main problem (IMO) is that they have trouble being expressive-- saying how they FEEL about things and talking about themselves. Again, I point you guys to the Juggler archive. He talks about all of this, and it is so fundamental IMO.

It's not that hard, but don't count on becoming cool overnight. It might require that you make some changes to your self image. For example, you have to get over the fact that cool clothes are considered "trendy" or "conformist." They are also COOL and subcommunicate that you have a sense of what's cool and what isn't. Overcome the fact that when you are expressive, you're putting yourself on the line.

For me, my main sticking point over the past couple years is that I have been doing more than I needed to do. A seduction would be rolling along just fine. I'll be doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING consciously. I'll just be shootin' the sh!t and being my normal, non-needy, comfortable self. And things are going well, and then suddenly I feel the urge to DO something. I feel, "I have to DO something now to amp attraction." So I'll insert some CF line, and it's like throwing a monkey-wrench into the wheels, and everything screeches to a halt. If things are going fine, don't do anything.

Guys wrongly assume that they always have to "DO" something to create attraction. Sometimes, you might. If a girl isn't into you even though you're talking to her, then maybe you need to do something. But if things are going well and the girl is giving you IOIs, then don't do anything differently. Just flow with the vibe and reciprocate and escalate when you feel it's time.

Don't make things more complicated than they need to be. If a girl is openly flirting with you and vibing and smiling and going for rapport, then don't say some CF line just because ASF or David D. says you need to in order for there to be attraction. Don't bust into a DHV routine if you can tell she likes you already. You already have enough value in her eyes, even though you didn't do anything. That can be hard to wrap your head around, I know. It was for me. Just chill out and sit back. When things are going well, let them take their course. Use as little "game" as possible.

chronic99uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good post,

Im no master but i read this site to pick up a few hints that might become handy in the process.
You cant just walk over to a girl, start categorically using moves and kino touches, in some freakish order.

I think though however that the coolness you speak of is more self confidence.
Confidence in yourself from having nice clothes, looking good, and knowing you feel good. This is one of the fundementals you hear on this board though. Its not about techniques, its about improving yourself, then you will oooze cool.
I dont think anyone with extreme geekyness can overnight read thses techniques and a become a DJ, it takes alot more than that, and it start with yourself, not what you say.

I think if your in a very bad way you need to take a few months maybe more out and just work on yourself, not your planned sarges.
Thats how i see it anyway.
Use the techinques to help smooth the process of girls wanting that cool.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, man. You totally got the point of my post.

I use the terms "coolness" and "confidence" interchangably because they are so inextricably linked in my mind. Once you really feel good and are happy with yourself, you start to automatically behave in ways that are "cool" and attractive.

chronic99uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, when you have it you know it.
Even if you dont have it on the outside, if you feel it on the inside it shows. There are many posts on this.

However i dont think its as easy as just walking in and thinking your all that.
It takes something that is very hard to find in my opinion, and thats why i said take a few months out.

One thing id like to see an answer to is how to keep it.
I find myself relaxed, confident, but offen have a self distructive mind, gaining confidence, and improving in areas, but then finding other ways of bringing myself down, and losing it.
I bet alot of people suffer from this, you said it clearly here.
The problem for some guys (including me) is that our self-image hasn't caught up to how cool we've become in other people's eyes. It's like the guy who used to be skinny and started weightlifting. Even though people comment all the time on how buff he's gotten, he still feels skinny.
Any advice for the boards on how to overcome this, as i think this is one of the major set backs of any improvement one person can make in gaining cool. Fighting there own perceptions of themselves.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I think the first step is in realizing that other people do think you're cool. Ya know? Stop, take a look around when you're interacting with girls and with people in general. Are they trying to get rapport with you? Do they keep studying your facial expressions even when you're not talking? Etc, etc? Then they probably think you're cool. And I think that once you get enough evidence, you'll naturally start to believe it for yourself.

I know that's been helping me. It's not so much that I tell myself, "No, Duke, you're not cool!" It's just that I was totally unaware that people thought I was cool. I was living 4 years in the past. Apparently I have a strong presence and a force of charisma that I didn't even know I had. I sensed it a year ago when people were trying to get my number to hang out with me again after a New Year's Eve party, and even back then I still thought of myself as relatively uncool.

But the evidence has been hitting me in the face over and over, so it's easier to believe it. But I also think it's easier to believe this on a core level (regardless of outside validation) if you do things that reinforce that you respect yourself.

For example, I often don't feel like brushing my teeth or going to the gym. But I do these things anyway solely because I know that if I follow through, then I'll be happier because of it, because it reinforces that I respect myself.
It's a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

"I went to the gym, so I must be WORTH going to the gym for." "I bought new cool clothes, so I must be WORTHY of wearing new cool clothes." You get the idea. It works.

"However i dont think its as easy as just walking in and thinking your all that.
It takes something that is very hard to find in my opinion, and thats why i said take a few months out."

Nah. Now when I walk into an interaction, I don't think I'm "all that." I don't think ANYTHING. My mind is pretty blank because I trust in the fact that I don't have to do anything for girls to find me attractive. I can simply be. I agree that this can take time to sort out, and the paths to getting there aren't going to be a one-size-fits-all deal. But for me, the basic skeleton was working out, getting new clothes, hanging with friends, hanging with girls without the intent to fvck them, etc. These are action-oriented things you can do. Other than that, read self-help books and read everything with a critical eye. I can't praise Pook's blog enough. And Juggler's archives and ebook are $$$$$$.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing that I get from this site is general tips/"games"/things to do to vary things, how to handle things I wouldn't otherwise have known how to figure out, e.g ***** shields, tests, and the confidence/attitude/life outlook thigns in the bible were helpful at some point.

But no, you can't go up to a girl and do some **** in a specific order and guarantee goods.

Word.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't use 'CF lines' to amp attraction.
Your main aim should be to have a fun flirtious vibe with the girl and yes that includes being CF in situations. Don't script them, just use them whenever the oppurtunity presents itself. Go with the flow. Don't get paranoid that you have to take a certain action in order to amp attraction.
Ow yeah, and enjoy the process. ;)

(BTW, that's exactly what David D says so I dont see why you are refering to him with:

then don't say some CF line just because ASF or David D. says you need to in order for there to be attraction.

Good post though

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome post duke! this one really hit home w/ me. 5 stars

psychocandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvckin' A :up:

Occasional posts like this that are based on real-life experience and not mindless keyboard-jockeying are the only reason that I still come here these days.

5 stars, definitely///

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullsh!t There Are Too Many Factors To Concider, Just Take It EASY And Be Yourself while being SEXUAL. Yes I Am Stoned But Realize This Wisdom.

blabla

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a search for the "25 points" post by TD but couldn't find it, where is that post?

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
one of the good posts iv read it like an accumulation of some of the good posts in the bible. everything rings true to my experience. i try too hard with women. when im laid back i get them in most cases. and when i dont get them even when im laid back i dont care cuss im already comfortable with who i am. my flaws were especially... during conversations.. i tried too hard to find a topic to discuss about. or fidgeting(spelling) too much.
but onbe shouldnt be too relaxed you have to know your flaws be honest and work on them.
now iv changed my tone of voice- i recorded my voice to see waht i can change. i speak clealy and with a deeper voice. and what you said about how we persive our selfs its true sometimes we undervalue ours self when we arnt how we used to be before. goodpost 5stars. i hardly give posts stars anyway. this post just rang true with me.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excelent post.

I remember a time when I stuck my chest out as much as possible, payed alotta attention the the clothes i wore, cared too much about my hair, was obsessed with telling people about my accomplishments as soon as possible. I felt that I needed to prove myself to people to think that I am cool. It was boarderline a physcological disorder.

Now I realize that I don't have to do anything. People will like me just for being me. If I have to 'prove' something to someone that im cool enough to hang out with, they are not worth hanging out with.

Now I just assume that people like me, that girls are attracted to me, all the time. That is the case most of the time anyway.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excelent post.

I remember a time when I stuck my chest out as much as possible, payed alotta attention the the clothes i wore, cared too much about my hair, was obsessed with telling people about my accomplishments as soon as possible. I felt that I needed to prove myself to people to think that I am cool. It was boarderline a physcological disorder.

Now I realize that I don't have to do anything. People will like me just for being me. If I have to 'prove' something to someone that im cool enough to hang out with, they are not worth hanging out with.

Now I just assume that people like me, that girls are attracted to me, all the time. That is the case most of the time anyway.