Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stock Market Investors/Traders

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and if anyone have time..

try Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Jesse Livermore.

Also a great read.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hikapo said:
Oh and if anyone have time..

try Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Jesse Livermore.

Also a great read.
Don't think this book applies anymore, it is more about reading order flow back in the day where there weren't auto spreaders and so many algos. Doesn't work anymore, though it is a good story just for the read.

Van Tharp, read him too, don't rate him, good writer, interesting, but better books out there.

Try reading the Alchemy of Finance by George Soros.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Market sold off today. Lets see if we get the next selloff so we can confirm a small market correction.

Gaucho, can you elaborate on what that book is about?

seanj20

Reaction score
wow guys thanks for the recommendations. I'm gonna be picking a few of these up.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hikapo said:
Gaucho, can you elaborate on what that book is about?
Sure.

He is a global macro trader (which means you have to have an understanding of macroeconomics). It teaches you to learn to get inside the mind of the market and look for specific events that could alter price (inflection points). A lot talk about 'reflexivity' when they talk about George Soros, but that is not really how he makes his money day to day or week to week. His 'real time experiment' in the book is much more useful. To get real-time information on trading from the best fund manager the world has ever seen, cannot be beaten IMO.

As for trading shorter-term on 'technical analysis', I would recommend reading this guys entire blog, he hasn't posted much lately, but is about as good as it gets on shorter-term price action trading: http://tremblinghandtrader.typepad.com/

Look for his couple of posts on 'traditional technical analysis' pretty much rips it to shreds and explains what you need to do to learn to really read price action.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I trade but I'm an armchair warrior for the time being. I've cashed out since I can't be actively investing at this time. It requires time and patience to succeed which I can't give right now.

Still following the market though.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, its surprising to see so many DJs that are actually into investing/trading.

Our economy is sh1t and jobs are sh1tty.

johnca2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're into technicals at all, I would highly recommend the Candlestick Course by Nison. I trade Forex and am more of a long-term trader, using the 4 hour and daily charts primarily, and candlesticks provide a great reflection of market sentiment.

Hikapo

Don Juan
Reaction score
johnca2010 said:
If you're into technicals at all, I would highly recommend the Candlestick Course by Nison. I trade Forex and am more of a long-term trader, using the 4 hour and daily charts primarily, and candlesticks provide a great reflection of market sentiment.
Oh yea, a lot of people are recommending it. Thanks for the heads up. :cheer: