Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Steroids and growth hormones

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have the same problem most of the people here have – I’m underweight and trying to no avail to put on weight. I’m 5”11, always between 150 and 155 pounds, although I have tried since age 16 to put on weight.

I’m tired of this ****. I am a track cyclist (sprinter), which requires raw power. Some people may say being light is an advantage (ie quick acceleration), but 69kg is too light. At the level I am cycling people my height are around 85 kg.

End of April my cycling season is over. I then intend to (as I have for the past 10 years) go to gym and pack on at least 10 kg’s in one year, which is a lot, but not unreasonable.

I have matured fairly late (when I was 18 I was 5’7 and about 50 kg). I am interested in finding out more about growth hormone as that may help me. I am also (unfortunately) interested in steroids. Not in season (I’d get caught), but off season I can do what I like. Basically I want something that will help me put on the weight and then after 3 months stop, allowing me to retain the weight. Obviously during this build-up period I will use the gym a lot.

Any advice? What steroids would you use? Growth Hormone? Keep in mind I want to keep the weight on. I am 26 now, the time has come to “grow up”, and I’m going to do it no matter what is required. I’m sick of working my ass off and getting half results.

Comments

Reaction score
1. You're in the wrong forum for roid advice. Check www.elitefitness.com or go to the www.t-mag.com forums

2. I don't see how much mass you are going to retain by jumping on the gear if you are going to burn off the weight you put on when cycling season starts.

3. your problem, like that of most people, who "can't put on mass" is that you are not eating enough calories. If you jump on the gear and don't eat enough calories, it isn't going to do anything either.

4. Before you jump on the gear, consider checking your training routine and nutrition. Chances are, your workouts suck (i.e. you don't lift hard and heavy using heavy, compound exercises and/or you are not eating enough) If you don't know what you are doing on any of those fronts, roids aren't going to help you all that much.

5. roiding is cheating.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with victor:
Everybody can pack on muscle mass, some just have to eat more calories/protein to do so. If youve been going to the gym for 10 years worked out but not payed A LOT OF mind to your nutrition this is most likely the mistake youve been making...

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people put on fat easily...these are the people, if they worked out as much (or half as much) as me, would be looking the sh1t.

Anyway, my training doesn't involve cycling ie burning a lot of fat, most of it is standing starts and pullaways, max speed, all of it 100% efforts and power. I lift EXTREMELY heavy (more than most guys arouind me who are 80-90kgs). I do up to 450 kg leg press, 140 kg squat. Slow. Controlled. Sometimes a bit lighter and with explosive force. I gain some mas and then plateau very quickly.

Yeah roids is cheating. I'm not using them in season in racing. Anyway, every single professional track racer is using something. Guaranteed.

I eat well, mostly 5-6 tiems a day. If I ate more I would feel unwell, and that's ridiculous, why should I stuff myself beyon dwhat i can cope with and still not gain weight?

Anyway, i'll try those links

thanks

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
zircon listen to vic, you just have to eat more, simple as that

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok maybe you are right, but I am fedup of eating well and of all things actually LOSING slight weight...it's ridiculous. I'm sure it has to do with my metabolism. I am wasting a lOT of time on this ****, training ddamn hard, and when it comes to the crunch my body fials because it is either too stressed, or I just cannot produce enough power from 70 kg versus 90.

Anyway it'sd in season now, I can't take anything now. Then I'll take a 2 week break, eat very well (getting a diet plan) and try it once more.

If that doesn't work, that's it, i'll try something else.

Revlis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah like vic said, eat more!

Zircon lets say you do take steriods. To actually use them to benefit you, you would have to work out harder and eat a crap load more. I mean at least 4000 calories a day to make them worth your while. It's really just a way to help you recover quickly and train harder.

I bet you don't even eat much more than 3000 calories a day now. Especially been a cyclist you need a lot more calories to keep your muscle. You might need a round 4000 every day and more on days you cycle to build up.

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said, I do track, which is mostly sprints which are very short. All raw power. A tthe mo I do no undurance for the reason that Im trying to pick up weight but that doesnt seem to help.

Look Im cheesed off and frustrated. I work out damn hard and sensibly, and I would really struggle to eat more than Im doing now, so what else should I do? I'm 27 soon, and I can't keep telling myself that I will mature soon (I matured very late) because it just doesnt seem to happen.

I don't agree with the general opinion that steroids are BAD for you. I think there are some/many that are, especially when used irresponsibly. I'm just looking for something to help me put on the extra 10 kg muscle on my legs (mostly) and extra 2-3 kg on my chest.

It is OBVIOUS to me that there are some people out there who just naturally have the right combination of natural HGH. The rest of us have to snivel around workin our asses of and getting very limited results.

Fvck that. ANyway as I said, season ends end of Aprils, I will take 2 weeks easy, then start gym again for 4 weeks building it up. I will try to eat properly according to a good diet, and if that doesn't work, I will find sensible alternatives.

Revlis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm anti-steriods and my main reason is my friends gym partner over dosed on them last year and nearly died. Don't be stupid and let this happen to you.

What's your diet like, I can help you there...

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you just eating a lot or are you eating a lot of protein too? Eating enough protein (though I think like 2g per kg bodyweight or a little less than one gram per lbs bodyweight is enough) is absolutely crucial.

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thansk for the info, maybe i betetr get these steroids outa my head. But I still think that to a degree used responsibly steroids is not as bad as eveyone makes out to be.

Ok, look i'm movin into my own apartment soon, where I will be able to regulate my diet better.

In general:

Breakfast : Betagain (HMB + creatine solution)
500 mg vit c vit b complex. Bowl of cornflakes + cup of full cream milk

at tea: Egg and ham sandwich, or 4 rolls with ham.

lunch: whatever the canteen offers, plate of spaghetti + meatballs, or hake and chips, or lasagne. Fairly avg portion. Good food though veg etc

at tea (15:00) sometimes a protein shake or carb shake, snake small sandwich

training for 2-3 hours...sprint training. One bike sprint every 15 min. Obviously a lot more complex than that, just to give u an idea of energy req... usually have a carb+prot shake after training and betagain solution

Dinner: this is shaky sometimes...usually something similar to lunch. I need to work on this, although often after training I'm not hungry for a while.

Before bed: sometimes protein shake. Vit C + Vit b

that's it.

Revlis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that you are thinking differently about steriods.

Ok now on to your diet. You aren't eating enough protein and a lot of your food isn't very good for gaining muscle. I just read that you will go back to the gym in April so you'll need a good diet full of quality protein/carbs and good fats.

Until then try to start eating healthier foods such as:

Good protein sources: Lean beef, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, egg whites, low-fat cottage cheese, natural peanut butter.

Good carbohydrate sources: Wholegrain rice, wholegrain pasta, multi-grain bread, 100% rolled-oats oatmeal, sweet potatos, fresh vegetables, fruit.

Good fat sources: Salmon, flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, fish oil, natural peanut butter.

You will start to improve your health/body in every way if you start to consume the above foods.

As much as you don't feel like it you need to consume more protein and carbs after training. If you don't you'll lose muscle!

For example of a good diet to gain muscle and minimise fat gain, here's my diet I'm currently on. FYI I'm 5'7" and weigh 152 lbs. It's about 2800 calories:

Meal 1: 1 Scoop of Protein Powder mixed in large bowl of Oatmeal, Peanut butter on a slice of mixed grain toast

Meal 2: Tuna in Wholegrain rice with a little Soy Sauce, Apple

Meal 3: Chicken in Wholegrain rice with Tomato Puree, Banana

Meal 4: A shake containing 2 scoops of Protein Powder and a Tbsp of Flaxseed oil

Meal 5: 150g Sweet Potato, Chicken, Cup of Vegetables

Meal 6: Bedtime Shake of 1 scoop Protein Powder, 200g Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Tbsp of Flaxseed oil, a little All-Bran, Spoonful of Natural Peanut Butter

The above is my diet and just a guide for you on what you can do to construct your own. :)

Revlis

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ The diet I just posted is actually my maintenance diet. I usually consume 3200 calories or so to bulk. Just have slightly bigger portions for that.

It also excludes my post workout shake.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your problem(s) could be any number of things - not just diet.

How much rest are you getting every night? Party much?

How often and for how long do you work out each muscle group?

How many days a week do you work out (training included)?

How much cardio are you doing? Is that 2-3 hours of sprint training, cardio? What exactly do you do during it?

How much water are you drinking?

How much caffeine? (there is caffeine in most tea - even decaf)

Do you measure and keep track of your dayly calerie intake? Food proportions (protein/carbs/fat)?

How consistant (very important) have you been with workouts, diet, and sleep?

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Howdy thanks for the advice. I have slacked off on training for the last 5 days, because I need to peak, have added about 1-2kg.

Onwards. At the moment I'm training on the track which is mostly sprinting, no gym at the mo because that will slow me down (debatable - i'll be testing that in future).

The diet part of things will be a lot better once I have moved out.

THe questions...no I don't party much, can't afford that when training. However life is quite stressful because of work, training immediately afterwards, and in general because I need to put my life together regarding women (at the mo low priority - i'd rather just work on myself). So I am pretty busy, also with starting up my own business at the same time. After April track season is over, and I start preparing for the next season which starts in December.

Ok I have 2 training sched...one which im on now is purely for speed and not bulking. Train 5 times a week. Typical session, 10 standing starts on the bike (full effort for about 4-5 seconds). After that 5 seated accelerations/sprints from 40kph to 60 kph as fast as possible. Then about 30 min easy about 130-140 hr. All this takes about 2.5 hours. This is a very avg workout, should suffice.

Off season - easy cycling 130-140 hr 1-1.5 hours 3-4 times a week...easy light stuff. Twice a week extremely heavy gym45 min sessions. Mostly legs arms and shoulders. 2 sets on each excercise...first set complete to 8-10 reps, second set fail at around 6-7. This stuff works...i just need to eat enough and I will gain.

I don't drink enough water...only when thirsty...I drink about 750 ml Staminade per hour while training but that's it

2-3 cups tea/coffee per day. On occassion have taken caffeine as stimuilant but doesnt work for me.

I don't keep track of daily intake, it varies quite a bit sometimes, after training I'm often not hungry for 3 hours, although i take prot/carb shake immed after training.

I am fairly consistent with training...there are gaps but I think it's good to let body recover every now and then...like have an easy week every 3-4 weeks. Diet not always regular ->problem. Sleep has been good, although could be longer (earlier to bed)...usually 7 hours per night

that's it.

thanks

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea you have lots of problems if you want to gain weight :p

Onwards. At the moment I'm training on the track which is mostly sprinting, no gym at the mo because that will slow me down (debatable - i'll be testing that in future).
Obviously you won't gain mass without heavy lifting - it shouldn't surprise you that you're not gaining weight now. As for muscle hurting your sprint times, take a look at the olympic sprinters. They're all really built and very cut. Muscle mass only hurts long distance running and other endurance activities.

The diet part of things will be a lot better once I have moved out.
I know exactly what you mean - same situation for me.

THe questions...no I don't party much, can't afford that when training. However life is quite stressful because of work, training immediately afterwards, and in general because I need to put my life together regarding women (at the mo low priority - i'd rather just work on myself). So I am pretty busy, also with starting up my own business at the same time. After April track season is over, and I start preparing for the next season which starts in December.
So you're going to start gaining mass after your April season? That should give you plenty of time to plan, educate yourself a little better, and get your sh1t together.

Ok I have 2 training sched...one which im on now is purely for speed and not bulking. Train 5 times a week. Typical session, 10 standing starts on the bike (full effort for about 4-5 seconds). After that 5 seated accelerations/sprints from 40kph to 60 kph as fast as possible. Then about 30 min easy about 130-140 hr. All this takes about 2.5 hours. This is a very avg workout, should suffice.
You're overworking your body if you want to gain mass - your muscles are adapting mostly for endurance with these kind of workouts. But you're not trying to gain mass right now anyway.

Off season - easy cycling 130-140 hr 1-1.5 hours 3-4 times a week...easy light stuff. Twice a week extremely heavy gym45 min sessions. Mostly legs arms and shoulders. 2 sets on each excercise...first set complete to 8-10 reps, second set fail at around 6-7. This stuff works...i just need to eat enough and I will gain.
The bold text is your fatal mistake. There is NO way you will naturally gain weight with this much cardio! You shouldn't be doing more than 5 MINUTES a day (low intensity), 3 days a week, if any at all, and that's only to losen your muscles a bit. Other than that, your workout will work with the right diet - though there are better plans (DESIEL's is good)

I don't drink enough water...only when thirsty...I drink about 750 ml Staminade per hour while training but that's it
This is a problem, but you know that.

2-3 cups tea/coffee per day. On occassion have taken caffeine as stimuilant but doesnt work for me.
You're taking WAY TO MUCH caffeine. You're probably addicted and that's why it doesn't work as a stimulant - you've built to much of a tolerance. More importantly, it's making you burn caleries you don't want to burn when you're gaining muscle mass. Preferably you should have ZERO caffeine on a mass diet.

I don't keep track of daily intake, it varies quite a bit sometimes, after training I'm often not hungry for 3 hours, although i take prot/carb shake immed after training.
Keeping track of your intake is the best way to stay consistant with your diet. It's good that you're taking that shake right after training, but it's not enough. The shake should be taken in the locker room, and when you get home you should eat your largest meal of the day. Eat 6 meals a day, 3 hours apart.

I am fairly consistent with training...there are gaps but I think it's good to let body recover every now and then...like have an easy week every 3-4 weeks. Diet not always regular ->problem. Sleep has been good, although could be longer (earlier to bed)...usually 7 hours per night
You've been consistantly training in a way that's HARMFUL to gaining mass. Yes, your diet has many problems. And you're right that sleep should be longer. More like 8-9 hours. Remember you gain muscle when you rest. I'd go 12 weeks before taking an easy week (this will prevent a plateo). You can take an easy day once a week however (optional).

To recap...
-You will NOT make significant gains while doing cardio.
-Train heavy, 3 days a week, and workouts shouldn't be longer than an hour or so. Each day should work a separate muscle group. Use only free weights and make sure you're doing the excersizes correctly.
-Drink so much water that you're pissing clear. This is especially important when you eat alot of protein.
-NO caffeine, NO tea, NO coffee while trying to gain mass. Expect headaches when you stop using caffeine because you're an adict right now.
-Write down exactly what you eat. Measure yourself once a week (weight, bodypart sizes, bodyfat percentage). Plan and precook your meals. Educate yourself on what you should eat - it's a complicated subject with many right (and wrong) answers.
-Rest for 8-9 hours a day.
-Consistancy with workouts, diet, and rest is key.
-Read DESIEL's guide.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
generally roids are bad for you, they change your mood, and you lose your gains, thus making them really pointless. if you are susceptible to acne, then you got that to worry about.

however.

steroids are prescribed all the time for guys who mature late or not to satisfactiona and/or lower natural testosterone levels. a doc can prescribe a certain dose with androgenic effects if he feels you need it. get an appointment and explain your situation. most docs are in it for the money. you can get it legal or pay less and get it mail-order.

they wouldn't use roids by script unless they had medical advantages in certain circumstances. maybe yours is one and most probably it's not.

get a doctors opinion if you want to try them.

as for gaining weight its all a simple mathematic equation. if you aren't gaining you aren't eating enough. that cycling and track is not something that will help you gain weight either. you need to be hitting free weights like 4-8 reps with heavy weight. also, roids won't do anything mass wise if you aren't eating a lot, they'll just up your strength.

really it all boils down to priorities and motivation.

you can find out what you need to accomplish your goals and if you can handle it you'll achieve them, if you can't you won't. simple as that.

good luck

-J

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- You're not eating enough protein, not consuming enough calories. Try to get about 1g of protein per lbs bodyweight (if possible from food by starting to eat lots of foods high in protein, because that way youll consume more calories/carbs also.Its not that hard if u consume the right foods like lean meat, low-fat dairy products, tuna,...besides noodles and everything u eat will add some more protein too). If you are a sprinter itll probably be hard for you to get enough calories. I for example hardly play any sports at the moment, except for basketball like once a week or even less and I have to eat more than 3500 calories a day to gain muscle mass. In the summer Im gonna have to eat above 4000 calories per day to keep gaining mass cause im probably gonna play bball more often then. So if you run a lot you probably have to eat 4000 calories a day or even more (it all depends on your weight/metabolism)...4000 calories should be a good number to start with though.

- 4-8 reps, lift to failure

- Maurice Greene once said he packed on some more lbs of muscle in order to be able to still run a little faster...Its strange but muscles even on your upperbody will rather help you sprint faster than slower. If they didnt I doubt guys like dwaine chambers, maurice greene, etc. would be on top of the game.