Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stepping out side your comfort zone = Growth

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today, I want all of you who are looking to progress in life and develop as individuals to think about what makes you uncomfortable. What activity, by default, makes you so uncomfortable and nervous that you cannot concieve of actually partaking in said activity?

To some it can be speaking in front of a group... to others, it can be approaching a girl you don't know. Whatever it is, just figure out what types of activities you have not been doing, due to your own insecurities. For all of us, there are many things that scare us.

Decide what those things are.

Everyone has their circle. Their comfort zone. If we remain within our little zone it stays the same size. It is not until we start to push and stretch our bubbles that they get a chance to grow. With every little change we make, our circle gets bigger.

Scared of talking to strangers? Start making a concious effort to strike up a few conversations a day with random people you bump into. Do this for a few weeks and then tell me how you feel? It should become second nature.

Scared to talk to women? Start doing the same thing.. slowly ease your way into it. Don't try and hit on her, or number close.. just chat about nothing with random chicks wether at the mall or supermarket lineup or at the gym.
Do this for a few weeks and then see how much easier it gets.

You need to identify every little thing that you have a hard time doing and then get out there and commit to dealing with it.

It is incredibly uncomfortalbe, at first... but if you aren't feeling uncomfortable, then you're not pushing and stretching and expanding your bubble. Take comfort in the nervousness... it'll soon dissapear, the more you get out there and deal with the issue.

Imagine if you were to decide there's 20 things you want to work on and eliminate from your personality and you committed to taking baby steps in doing so (one issue at a time)over the next year; you'd be on heck of a different person by the end of it and chances are your confidence will sky rocket.

This has a snowball effect. Once you start to roll, it won't stop and you'll keep growing and growing with each passing day/week/month.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. :up: Two words to add, "baby steps."

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Great post! I do believe it has to be done slowly rather than jumping in unprepared but you are dead right! Too many people are restricted by their fears and end up wasting their lives.

Spiky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more. The biggest changes in my life happened when i started pushing my comfort zone.

The other day i was on a bus when i mispoke an opener.... BADLY

"Look, me and friend just cant agree, what the largest female dress size you have..... 19.... 20?" (I should have asked what the largest size there IS)

The target looks at me with a horrified and insulted expression because ive just called her fat. The entire back of the bus and my wing are looking on in astonishment as ive just cold approached a random hot chick and insulted her.

Back in the day i would have ejected with an embarressed expression but my confidence lately has been up.

So i stood there and stared at her, just to see what the hell would happen.

Unfortunately after a minute of standing there my stop came and i had to get off. I excused myself with "Well it was nice meeting you!"

But that minute was one of the most surreal and weird feelings ive had in a while.

I highly advise that the next time you find yourself in an embarressing situation, stay there and see what happens. The results are usually pretty funny.

MR.ALPHA

Reaction score
Good post. The same concept also applies in business matters.

I remember just how terrified I was when I started to get into real estate investments. Years later I am glad I did it. The fact is most people I know are too scared to venture out of their own little world where they have grown comfortable. As a result they continue with their ambitionless meager existence. Then again, some of them are just happy they way they are.