Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Static Contraction Training

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this type of training? From the info ive read about it, it can put an half-inch on ur biceps in 10 weeks.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vigorous beat-off sessions will put .5" on a newbie's arms. There's no replacement for weight training.

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your supposed to use weight. Take for example: When doing bench, instead of doing the full range of motion, only push the bar 1 inch off ur chest and hold for 7 secs. Keep in mind ur supposed to use 100% or 200%(i think) more weight than usual so ur muscles reach maximum intensity.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best answer is to try it. I am familiar with what you are writing about. Pete Sisco has a book on it, I've read it at the local Barnes and Noble.

I haven't tried it yet. I believe that it will cause overload. So many people worry about the full range of motion, but you can stimulate the muscle pretty well even when working withing a limited range of motion.

My advice: Try it, but be very careful about injury as you are using heavier weights.

I've been training in a HIT fashion, one set to failure, getting great strength results, but I went a bit too gungho, and hurt my shoulder and my back in the same day. (Shoulder from bench presses, Back from squats).

I am shifting for a while to a non-failure approach as I heal. Slightly lower weight and low reps, but more sets.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I'm saying is a lot of things will work. But freeweights are the best, PERIOD. You can incorporate static training, I believe that kind of isometric training makes you more muscular even when you're not flexing. But you shouldn't rely solely on static training. You aren't hitting near the amount of muscle fibers as you would with full ROM.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts on static contraction

1. Static contraction is undoubtedly effective but requires a buddy to spot you. And we know most people go to gyms soloflight.

2. I'd say this is a great program if you don't have so much time on your hand and really wouldn't like to miss a workout.

3. Yup, I also saw those guys in Tony Robbins video tape (Sisco et al) and I would not consider them as poster children on fitness.

4. A lot of people go to gyms and would consider that their only way of social interaction. That means practicing static contraction program will cut down at least 90% of their daily shindig.

Loverman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Static

I've been doing Static Contraction training for a while now, and it's been working. I only go to the gym once a week, for the most part.

For our first two sets, me and my friend do regular sets and for the third one we do static, this is done for every type of workout. We put on the heaviest we can lift and hold it for up to 10 seconds. Most of the time, when I bring the weight down on that last set, as I bring it down, I get sort of a shock in my arms. We haven't been injured yet. I dig it.

That is the whole idea behind static contraction training, going to the gym less. We only go once a week because of the heavy weights that we lift. Such weight stimulates muscle growth and our muscels need more time to heal, so once a week is good enough.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loverman,

Could you briefly describe how you do static contraction (I understand how it would work for bench press and shoulder press), but how do you apply it for biceps?

I have read a bit about it. How many different exercises do you do it for?

I would try it if I had a reliable lifting partner or spotter.

I like his ideas in Power Factor training too.

I think if you are in the gym less for lifting, you can do more cardio instead which is where more chicks are anyways.

How was the Tony Robbins video on it?