Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting a new stock picking thread-begin with RTGV

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I will start a new stock picking thread since the other one was so long and buried somewhere. I invite anyone to post and give their reasons and solid DD on why that pick is a good play.

I will start with RTGV. They just announced a share buyback on the open market today, which is HUGE. Stock is around .0118. Market cap of $1.75 M and they are forecasting $8 M in revs this year, and up to $50 M in 2-3 years. They have some great tech in the disruptive, cloud, and IPAY music fields, with some state of the art websites as well.

You never see a share buyback on the open market like this from a OTC company. You may see a reduction in the OS or the AS, but never a buyback. Should be the start of a big move imo.

RTG Ventures Plans Share Buyback Program

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - 03/22/11) - RTG Ventures, Inc. (Pinksheets:RTGV - News) has announced that it will commence a strategy of public market support for RTG through a Share Buyback Program to take advantage of what the company sees as a drastic undervaluation based on published financial documentation and forward guidance. The share buyback program will commence within the next few weeks following an outreach and additional communications to the investment community as the program rolls out.

Companies use share buyback programs for many reasons, the most obvious being when their public share price is significantly undervalued. Companies also use buyback programs to make a strong, confident statement to the marketplace. At this point, RTG's management sees its languishing share price as an impediment to business development.

RTG's Media & Payment divisions are not only in vogue but are fast becoming part of everyday life. When augmented to the management, deployment and measurement of social media throughout RTG's divisions and prospective client companies, the buyback is reflective of the company's belief in its people, products and service as well as the market sector it operates.

Dominic Hawes-Fairley, CEO & President said: "Since September 2010, when we officially became an operating company, we made it clear that we were not going to engage in a typical micro-cap stock promotion. While we don't doubt that that these kind of promotions may raise share prices temporarily, we don't regard them to be beneficial for value-based investors and long-term, our research indicates that they do more damage to a company than the benefit delivered in the short term. Instead, during this period, the company initiated longer term strategies, designed to recognize the embedded value being created in RTG leading to a steady and sustainable increase in the price per share."

RTG Ventures announced its investor relations campaign on December 13, 2010 which, it explained, would use internal and external resources to extend the reach of the company's communication to reach new investors. At the heart of the campaign was a social media strategy devised by digital marketing guru Reggie James, managing director of RTG's leading-edge consultancy, Digital Clarity. All activity has now been taken in-house and placed directly under the control of James.

Commenting on the campaign, James said: "A strong foundation is now in place establishing a communication strategy that uses social media to reach out to new investors. As stated when the strategy was being discussed in December 2010, it's not a quick fix, it will take time. It's also important to point out that social media is not a panacea. We have to do other things in order to reach our stakeholders, including new shareholders and the reason we've taken control of the whole process is in order to achieve the goal of increasing return on investment.

"In the past, the company has only utilized the news wires to distribute news from the company to its stakeholders. This gives the company a very narrow focus and prevents some of the deeper issues being articulated, because the news wires are primarily about hard news. Sometimes, there's a real need to issue softer news pieces and sometimes there's a need to add detail to news stories in order for the whole communication to make sense. For this reason, we will be releasing softer news on the company website, detail behind the news on blogs and reserving the news wires for more significant announcements. Social media tools will be used to syndicate all forms of news and in this manner we aim to be able to present a more rounded picture of the company."

Hawes-Fairley summarized by saying: "We have reached a point when the share price is becoming an impediment to business so action is required right now. The management of RTG now believes that it can deliver more value to shareholders by initiating a buyback program demonstrating confidence in the business plan, the executive team, the disruptive technologies and the ability of the company to deliver and grow its return on investment.

"While RTG will continue to reach out to investors and investment groups on both sides of the Atlantic, we want to send a very clear message to the market that this is a Company that has a very bright future. We are undervalued at present, but we intend to change that situation starting in the short term to set the stage for the long term growth anticipated."

ABOUT RTG VENTURES, INC.

RTG Ventures, Inc. is a NASDAQ-listed company (Pinksheets:RTGV - News) offering a turnkey media monetization solution to rights owners of music video content. At the heart of RTGV's total product offering is a Monetization Platform which allows rights owners to define and tag media content in detail, set and enforce rights management and distribution rules, receive payment on distribution and obtain detailed analytics in real time.

RTG Ventures is organized as three divisions: RTG Media, RTG Payments and RTG Solutions, each of which contains both wholly-owned companies and joint ventures with independent business plans, strategies and management. In addition to servicing their discrete markets, these companies all contribute to RTG Ventures' total product offering for media rights owners. For further information, see http://www.rtgventures.com.

SAFE HARBOR PROVISIONS

The foregoing contains certain predictive statements that relate to future events or future business and financial performance. Such statements can only be predictions, and the actual events or results may differ from those discussed due to, among other things, those risks described in RTGV's reports filed with the SEC. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice. This document is published solely for information purposes, and is not to be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in any state. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. Additional information is available upon request.

Perry

Don Juan
Reaction score
How come RTGV didnt take off when you expected it to during winter?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question for you.. I'm seirously thinking about buying (Alot) of stock in netflix. I just like where nextflix is headed. This is long term. What do you think about netflix from a 2-5 year outlook?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perry said:
How come RTGV didnt take off when you expected it to during winter?
Thats a good question. It started to spike in late Jan on some decent news, and then poooof. I am still expecting a giant run soon though.

Here is a blog from the ceo today>
Telling the World about RTG Ventures
March 23, 2011
domhawes

We’re pulling out all the stops to spread the word about RTG Ventures and as I tweeted (@domhawes) earlier today, we’ve been offered an opportunity to be interviewed by Chartpoppers. This should help grow our awareness in new communities.

The interview just finished and it’s going to be edited in the next couple of days. We’ll be sending a press release out via the wires just before it goes live and we’ll also post some more information to the company website.

As this is the first one we’ve done with this company, it’s the first introduction we have to their community so the interview covers basics about the company. We discussed three broad topics: an overview of the company, some background to the share buyback program and a look forward to the next year.

As soon as the final edit’s done, we’ll post more information and of course, we’ll update this page and the various websites with links to the interview when it goes live.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I have a question for you.. I'm seirously thinking about buying (Alot) of stock in netflix. I just like where nextflix is headed. This is long term. What do you think about netflix from a 2-5 year outlook?
Let me do a little more DD on it and I will get back to you on this.

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been getting an RSS feed on every possible piece of netflix news the last 3 months this has been on my mind for a while. I'm not so much playing the market as much as I am investing in netflix. Really like what I see and I like where it's goin. Not really scared by the new competitors out there the facebook gig and the time warner **** that they are talking about. Either could become a ***** if hollywood decides to back either one, just to troll netflix. hollywood does not like netflix whatsoever, but it's damn near essential. If they can get theri content up on the on demand side it will skyrocket.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got some Jones Soda (JSDA), they dropped after a poor earnings report that was better than the last one. They've revamped their marketing and distribution as well as relaunched their energy drink. I'm in the red with these guys right now, but I expect them to do much better, especially in the summer when people are interested in drinking cold stuff. And it's a good transition from silver, as it's usually flat during that time.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I will say that, until right now, I've been down on Netflix because the stock just seemed wayyyy overvalued for a company that shows movies on the internet.

I guess I assumed that it had an average share structure and it was impossibly pumped up by hype. But I just did some cursory DD on Netflix and they only have 52,000,000 outstanding shares, that's gotta be a tight float.

Their revenues are strong, they trade at a low-level multiple, corporate guidance is awesome and it's Jim Cramer's favorite stock. Netflix is one of the better safe money growth stories on the NASDAQ.

Here's one of my favorite speculative plays:

Allana Potash (TSX:AAA)- five mining companies produce all the potash in the world. Potash is sky-high with ag demand and supply restrictions, and Allana is proving up a very large, high grade phosphate deposit in Ethiopia. Not only is it a gigantic estimated resource, but it can be extracted and refined on-location at the very cheapest cost-per-ton, and the Chinese have equity and are financing their production. Allana will be a cash cow when they go into production. Easily a $50-$60 stock in five years.

I have many more risk/reward gems. I will post them here when I am done building my positions ;)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
Well I will say that, until right now, I've been down on Netflix because the stock just seemed wayyyy overvalued for a company that shows movies on the internet.
That is exactly why I want in. I t hink they are undervalued. They haven't even tapped the potential or the market. Throw out the books and the numbers and all that ****, from an every day use perspetive, this is a huge need, and no one does it better.

There is also a need that is still not yet been tapped, online cable. I assure you it's coming. People want TV oin demand. Not just movies. Peole want to be able to watch TV wherever they want, for a low price and in the technology age, i give it 2-3 years. sites l9ke ustream.tv, justin.tv and channelsurfing.net, show that there is a huge want for this. No one ****ing just sits at home and flips channels anymore. They get online and watch TV. It took a while for the movie people tome around to this. people pirated movies and watched them online, they ignored it wasn't the fact that they wanted it for free, as much as the fact that they did not want the hassle of going to blockbuster, and they wanted to be able to watch what they wanted, when they wanted. appears netflix on demand. Soon, cable companies will soon do the same thing with their live streaming content. And then, all hell will break lose.

That's why I only buy stocks I really really know and I know technology.

I have, a 120 inch projector in my living room and besides the NCAA tournment (and you can watch that on cbssports.com streaming live in crtystal clear HD), we haven't watched 1 hour of TV, as in traditional sit in front of the TV as a family, TV. We either watch netflix, or hulu premium, or put in a movie, or somehting along the like. In my office, I stream CNN on my additional laptop, I stream HRTVlive.com which is a whole freaking horse racing network (channel 404 on dish network), i get it for 9 bucks a month online, i get the exact same feed. I would be more than happy to pay say, 24 dollars a month to get basic cable or satiate on my TV. Actually lol, I had this setup in my first office in 2004 when I put an ATI all in wonder card in my extra computer, and just streamed basic cable. I never was at home anyway. I should be able to login to a wesite, and watch cable TV. Just like that. And I am banking on the fact that within 3-5 years it's going to happen.

People, want to be able to be in the airport, and watch the MTV show they are missing, in real time. This is the future of entertainment, and netflix is going there, and becuase of the framework they have in place now, they will be the prime target to deliver this content, in the most efficient manner possible. WE have too much going on, people do not have time to watch traditional TV anymore.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
cordoncordon said:
Let me do a little more DD on it and I will get back to you on this. But from what I know of what they are going to do, I am 100% on board with you.

DD= D!ck Diving.

Where's my $1000 you owe me for winning our bet. For a super gadzillionairre, as you tout yourself to be, it should be nothing and you should've ponied up immediately, as a man would have.

Go ahead and keep chasin' those little green dots Miss Pac B!tch.

This is why you'll never cease being a bottom feeding cvnt, and why no one here or in reality will ever have anything but disdain for your dumbass.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
DD= D!ck Diving.

Where's my $1000 you owe me for winning our bet. For a super gadzillionairre, as you tout yourself to be, it should be nothing and you should've ponied up immediately, as a man would have.

This is why you'll never cease being a bottom feeding cvnt, and why no one here or in reality will ever have anything but disdain for your dumbass.
Quality retort Iron tits.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
DD= D!ck Diving.

Uh, a $1,000 to Cordon is like a Big Mac to a starving Ethiopian in 1985.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsJn8RCTopc

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Your Mom liked it too.

Give a kiss to your wife and my kid.
More quality. You are how old? Though I guess any 40 year old guy like you that gets tittie piercings (gay) is just reaming with maturity.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
Ok in looking at Netflix closer, this is an absolute avoid stock imo. I had no idea the PE ratio of this company was up around 75. 75!! For a movie rental company. Stock is WAY overvalued imo.

Plus...NFLX just lost CBS tonight, after losing showtime earlier in day and starz earlier.

Really is a house of cards stock imo. Stock has tripled in just about a year.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...tml?ru=yahoo&mod=yahoo_hs#articleTabs=article

There is a very REAL possibility, as insane as one looking at the price might think, that this could be a carcass of a stock a year from now, and i'm talking 50-75.

Mean regression and a scam biz model is a beeotch.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
netflix did not l"lose" starz, starz is just delaying releases. and not even all the releases, just the releases of their original series by 90 days.
probably going to end up buying it anyway i like what i see

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
netflix did not l"lose" starz, starz is just delaying releases. and not even all the releases, just the releases of their original series by 90 days.
probably going to end up buying it anyway i like what i see
Bro they have a forward P/E of 75. I don't think I need to tell you that companies having P/E's that high went out with the internet bust of 2000.

I am telling you avoid it. If anything, short the hell out of it or buy Put options. I am.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol you really didn't think i would come here and take advice on what stocks to buy from someone i don't know do you?

just like in a horse race, when you don't take the even money, you at least need to know why the horse that is even money, is even money. Which is what you just provided. But i love the stock and I will take my chances.

Looking at skype as well when they go public as well as brightcove

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Bro they have a forward P/E of 75. I don't think I need to tell you that companies having P/E's that high went out with the internet bust of 2000.

I am telling you avoid it. If anything, short the hell out of it or buy Put options. I am.
You don't need to take my advice (though you did ask for it yesterday haha). Simply look at a balance sheet, a chart, and a P/E ratio along with expected earnings. I am flat out telling you that companies with a P/E ratio of 35 or higher are considered overvalued, and this has a P/E of double that. Not to mention they are losing customers. If you want to buy a stock that has tripled in a year with a P/E that high? It's your money but I'm telling you flat out it won't be your money for long. I have been doing this for 20 years. I trade for a living and do damn well at it. Believe me when I tell you this.