Start Up A Workout Journal!

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For many of the new people, I strongly recommend bringing a notebook to the gym and recording what you did. Then come here and start a journal!! What is a journal good for?

1. You can keep track of your progress in a super organized form. - The internet is a wonderful thing. With forums, you can highlight and bold and make your posts colorful. You can easily see where you've improved and all in all, it's a great way to look at your progress.

2. You are constantly reminded that you have to workout. - I know that when I first started here, I gained a lot of knowledge and it was kind of overwhelming. I was always motivated, but sometimes I sat in my chair and looked at the clock and felt lazy. It was hard to go workout and shamefully I must say, someday I simply skipped the workout. This is horrible and you/I are only cheating ourselves. I remember how I snapped out of it. I came back to the forums and looked at my thread which was pushed to the 2nd page. :( A pang of guilt swept over me and I was determined to get back on the workout wagon and continue! With something public you need to update, you WILL remember to workout. Once again, this is very useful in the beginning to help you get into A HABIT AND ROUTINE OF WORKING OUT.

3. It's a free training community. - Free things are good. Plus you get a lot of support from the H&F veterans who have their own journals here and want to help you out. Support is important when working out. When you feel alone, it is harder than workout than when you think you have people believe in your progress.

4. Plans - By starting up a journal, your first post will probably be to set a goal and your plan to get there. This is much better than keeping a plan in your head or somewhere that you may lose or misplace. Plans are important for any goal and with a journal you will have a plan that others on the forum can help you tweak to be the best that it can be.

So start up a workout journal today and take that first step towards an awesoem physique!!:up:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, this should be a sticky. I agree 100% Also if you go to Bodybuilding.com they have a workout journal section where you can post your journal and people can comment and give you advice.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hm...i will pass on that offer