staring down=dominance?

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
so if you get nervous holding eye contact with others that makes you manly. bull****.

try this. if you catch a hot chick looking at you don't look away until she does.

or this. if you catch a basketball or football player looking at you don't look away until he does.

this is not easy.

also, my man A and man B example was assuming this was a natural interaction without anyone trying to stare the other down.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
DJVladdy, you're a faggot

talking **** over the net is for ***** faggots so go **** yourself mother****er . i dont look around for somone to stare down. im talking about if I catch somone eyeing me when im walking around at a club/party. its either them or me that is going to break the eye contact so i figure breaking it first means submission? im not really into prolonged eye contact with men. i just am curious about the ramifications in terms dominance/submission if i break eye contact first in such a situation.
Do you even know what he was taking about? He was asking if you have a form of autism, because if you did that would justify the creation of your thread. You stare guys down like you say when 1. you want to fight or 2. youre a faaaagol. The fact that you got so upset at someone who you thought was talking sh*t indicates somethings up with you. Just because a guy looks at you doesnt mean you stare them down, stop feeling so threatened. So...to answer your question...NO...you dont stare down everyone. If some dude stares me down ill hold the gaze for a little then break it and laugh. Get some confidence and get rid of the paranoia.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes man
Go on and stare everybody down, it equals dominance
Happy?

IamMyownMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
in any normal interaction there should be moments of prolonged eye contact. say at least a few seconds.

say you have 7 such instances during a brief interaction. during five of those instances man A holds his gaze until man B averts his gaze. for two of them man A averts his gaze first.

so what you guys are saying is that man A is a polesmoker and man B is a cool guy who isn't a fag.

i would say that man A is dominant and man B is submissive.[/QUOTE]

What do you have to prove?
Your theory, highlighted in bold, will get your ass kicked and then raped in prison.
So would you rape a smaller, perceivably weaker male to ESTABLISH your DOMINANCE?
Eventually, out here in the civilized world, you will be put in your place.

joebob789456

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say you don't have to stare him down, just dont be one of those people who look away as soon as eye contact is established, just hold it for a split second more then usual acknowledge the person if you want to and continue doing what your doing, its pretty simple

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make eye contact, acknowledge and move on. Holding another guys gaze is just weird unless you're looking for further "interaction" and doesn't establish anything except that you have issues you need to resolve.

Humans are social but are not pack animals.

nb pierre

Reaction score
well....

i figure you should make eye contact then break as if what youve seen is not a threat and that youre now looking at something else ...but not downward...hope this helps

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nb pierre said:
...but not downward...
I suppose that's a point, but who goes from eye contact to looking down? I mean, you're out looking around, make contact, nod or otherwise acknowledge each other and move on.

Not even dogs look "at the ground" in this sort of interaction.