Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**WARNING THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

So has seen The Last Jedi?

Lets discuss it.

What did you like?
what did you dislike?

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You beated me to it :p

I loved the Last Jedi... it made Force Awaken look bad

The movie has a ''weak plot'' and some WTF moments but it was a StarWars movie feeling (it swhat I was expecting of a StarWars movie) which clearly was made to cut from the ''old star wars''... they seems to take of the Force what happens in the video games or books. The movie made you feel you were ''in the middle of the fight - the universe''

They do jump into a ''marvel superhero'' joke style, the movie also turns into the grey spectrum of things (there is no such thing as good vs evil... it's business, and sometime you just fail at what you do), the movie really get into the ''atmosphere of the new StarWars''.

It's made for kids, fan of Starwars, casual people, not for the hardcore geek or guy caught in his childhood that doesnt remember what he hates of the Last Jedi was the same stuff he loved in the Original Trilogy.

The main characters : Rey, Kylo, Luke acting was great... Adam Driver really played his role well.

Liked:
Actor play (Ridley, Hamill,Driver... especially Driver)... the general Hux was good in his ''exagerating character'', Benecio Del Toro = WoW (you crave for more)
The ''grey themes'' (good guy fail, evil guy win, if there is such thing has good or evil) = Content was mature in scope
CGI - Space Battles
Battles
The linear story telling through the script with A LOT of underdone (which make you reflect and come up with theories) - What the actors say literally happens lol
Expanding the force use to what we see in the EU, VideoGames (and was mentionned in the prequel: you don't need training for the force use to use it in a raw form)
The music
The suspense for the next movie (I expect this will time jump the movie... like 5 years ... etc..)
You hate Snoke for the time he's on screen lol

Not liked:

Weak plot (so much stuff happening feel forced or not credible.. I mean the movie could have ended at minute 5 lol..) = The rebellion in the rebellion, Leia space moment (and she never use anything after), the general not telling her plans, the medallion usage
Weak editing
Too much of BB8 saving (they never explain how he never got caught when they got caught) = But a robot saving the day is a StarWars theme
Falcon saving the day with Rey (will she was on Snoke ship 2 minutes before) - weak editing.
So there was weak editing (spacing of events)
Still know nothing of The First Order or Snoke (althought Snoke origins seem less important in this movie)... they never mention how was got to the current situation...
Makes Force Awakens look bad (Force Awaken was a good movie but a typical JJ Abraham ripoff...Last Jedi seems to disregard most of the Force Awaken content... so it make me feel Force Awaken should be redone)
Finding out JJ Abraham will be doing StarWars 9
The fact you don't have any emotional connection to the new characters (except Kylo Ren from his performance in the Last Jedi)... while the Original Trilogy made you care ALOT
The heroes remains super-warriors quick

Big Fan of StarWars here. Rate the movie 7/10... I saw it twice in 2 days with a different crowd (my family which are hardcore starwars fan and introduced me to it = they loved it.... my friends who the starwars fan hated it while the ''casual'' loved it)... was good both times

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I loved it. Yes there was a weak plot. Snoke needed for screen time but the relationship between Kylo and Rey is growing even though they are both on different sides of the force.

I did like how Rian changed, well not changed but interpreted the force in a different way as well.

My theory is that we havent seen the last of Snoke and Luke.

If Luke can force project himself, Snoke can force project his death.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I loved it. Yes there was a weak plot. Snoke needed for screen time but the relationship between Kylo and Rey is growing even though they are both on different sides of the force.

I did like how Rian changed, well not changed but interpreted the force in a different way as well.

My theory is that we havent seen the last of Snoke and Luke.

If Luke can force project himself, Snoke can force project his death.
The work title for the next StarWars is ''Black Diamond''

There was alot of emphasis on Snoke ''Black Ring'' in the merchandise and fan theories... you also see it clear on screen.

Black Diamond could refer to a ''sith artefact to keep someone alive'' in my opinion or they talk about Kylo Ren

I also liked how they refer to the ''Outer Rim''

The OuterRim in the video games was where the ''dark side / original Sith'' emerged from ... in the movie its now where ''hope'' lies

Snoke time on screen was beautiful even if quick, I like how they handled it.... leaving so much mystery but quite relevant to the ''character and weak side of the dark side aka arrogance''... Like you I think he's far from ''gone''.

The knight of Ren never showed up either

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes i wanted the knights of Ren to show up and destroy some rebel scum but nope none whatsoever.

My only expectation was a Snoke/Luke lightsaber fight. I still wish to this day.

And I thought the would kill of Leia in Episode 8. I wonder how will they write out in Episode 9, since she has already passed away.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes i wanted the knights of Ren to show up and destroy some rebel scum but nope none whatsoever.

My only expectation was a Snoke/Luke lightsaber fight. I still wish to this day.

And I thought the would kill of Leia in Episode 8. I wonder how will they write out in Episode 9, since she has already passed away.
I think they worked in with the end.... the spark of hope

Likely Leia will die on her death bed at X .... I think they will skip the movies on the time era... 2-3-5 years. Like in the Original Trilogy.

It would give more meaning to the ending with a kid (which was also say: A new generation of starwars lover), the reemergence of the ''hope''

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i can see Leia becoming one with the force. so many questions that are hopefully answered by 9.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I must be more of a contrarian than I realize.

I haven't seen the force awakens, I have little interest in seeing the last jedi. I'm not one of those butt hurt dudes who boycott or anything, I honestly have no desire to see those.

I even tried watching Rogue One on Netflix, but it couldn't hold my interest for more than 20 minutes.

"Stranger Things" is another show that everybody is raving about that I just don't "get." I watched the first season but have zero desire to watch the second.

It's not like I hate movies, or fiction, I love reading and watching Movies on Netflix and Prime, I just somehow can't jump on the Star Wars bandwagon.

Do you guys who like the latest two see them as a natural continuation of the first few, or are they separate stories unto themselves?

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
separate with a different atmosphere, still targetting kids, however the setting doesnt allow you to enjoy the characters like it was the case in the original trio and sequel

The emphasis is more at the macro aka greater scheme of things...but without any background to it other than "it exist''

It feels you can watch the new triology without looking at the original or sequel... its probably the angle taken

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dropped the starwars saga after disney turned into a mainstream pc kid oriented item.

I saw the last one (the one with the woman as main character) and decided to drop the others, I have very low tolerance for kids movies nowadays even less than those with too much drama.

Nothing against those who like it ofc its a matter of taste, I just believe Im not made to like disney programs.