Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stallion's Fitness Journal

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
That's too much volume for a warm up :down:
How's that a lot of volume...well depends on the person strength/level. Yet I don't over exert myself on the first few sets. Just priming the main muscles. All the powerlifters/bodybuilders I see training daily. All warm up like this even if it takes them 5+ sets to get there. Guess the big guys at my gym are anomalies in all this oh well.:whistle:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
How's that a lot of volume...well depends on the person strength/level. Yet I don't over exert myself on the first few sets. Just priming the main muscles. All the powerlifters/bodybuilders I see training daily. All warm up like this even if it takes them 5+ sets to get there. Guess the big guys at my gym are anomalies in all this oh well.:whistle:
There's nothing wrong with using a lot of sets (the powerlifters at my gym do it too) but you're using too many reps per set and you go up too close to your work set weight. The goal of a warm up is to warm you up, not to make you tired.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
There's nothing wrong with using a lot of sets (the powerlifters at my gym do it too) but you're using too many reps per set and you go up too close to your work set weight. The goal of a warm up is to warm you up, not to make you tired.
I get what you're saying but that was just a quick example I threw up. My workouts are auto regulated to how I feel that day. hell one day I could go barX15, 135X10,165X3, 185X5, 210 X whatever ...:p

Was just trying to get a point across :)

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys keep it in PM's okay? thanks lol

This week I'm just sticking to 4 meals a day lean meat and veggie with morning cardio and evening cardio. I'll be back lifting monday with a new workout and stuff.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going back to DC again. I've been taking the past three weeks very seriously and EFFORT's got me moving out of my comfort zone with exercises I've never done before. I'll try to keep a diet log on here.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long time no see Sosuave. A lot has changed but I'm still lifting.

I'm going to bring back my thread cause it helped keep me shooting straight.

Right now my stats are 218 lbs, 37 waist.

I've been doing a variation for westside barbell for the past 5 months.

I've lost nearly 30 lbs since I've started on a 4-meal diet plan consisting of very little carbs, ground beef, whey, eggs, turkey bacon, salads, plenty of other veges, fish oil, creatine, BCAAs, and almond milk. I eat pretty much the same every day. Here is an example off an non-workout day diet:

Meal 1: 3 scoops whey, salad, banana
Meal 2: 4 eggs, 4 pieces of turkey bacon - salad
Meal 3: .5 lb ground beef - green beans - 16 fish oil pills
Meal 4: Chicken stir fry or 2 chicken sausages with salad

I walk everyday atleast 30-60 minutes in the morning n an empty stomach or with a scoop of whey in me. I take 2 green tea pills, scoop of BCAAs

At 2-3 differnet intervals of the day - I spend 10 minutes of walking here and there when I have time on a treadmill at 4 height - 3.0 Speed

I just started donig high-intense cardio for 10 minutes during one of those sessions this week.

On off days - I try to put in about 100 minutes of cardio in.

(Cardio 15-20 minutes after each workout when I have time)

Workout include Squats, deadlifts, and benching: I do a two week split

Monday

Spread Eagle 3x8 110 lbs
DB Press - 2x5 100 lbs (one second at bottom)
Wide Grip Bench Press - 3x10 155lbs
Military Press - 3x5 - 130 lbs

Wednesday

Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2x6 - 330lbs
Lat Pulldown - 5x3 - 180lbs
Dumbbell shrugs - 3x8 80lbs
Low Pull Throughs - 3x8 185lbs

Friday

Squats 1x3 330lbs (ATG)
Leg Press - 1x15 - 300lbs
Leg Curl 3x8 - 90 lbs
Glute Ham raises
BBrow - 4x6 - 180 lbs
Decline Situps - 2x8 - 115lbs

------------

Monday

Deadlift - 2x5 - 400lbs
Lat Pulldwn: 4x6 - 170lbs
Ham Curl - 2x8 - 40 lbs
Ab machine - 120 lbs

Wednesday:

Close Grip Bench Press 3x3 - 235lbs
Db Press - 3x10 75lbs
Tricep Pushdown - 3x8 157.5lbs
TBar Row - 80lbs

Friday: - I decided to incorporate a super-squat day into my workout without the worry having having to go up 5lbs everytime I do it since I'm not eating to bulk.

Squats 1x6 - 305lbs
1x20 - 180lbs
DB Pullovers 1x20 - 30lbs

Super set 3x ==all to failure

Dips /bw\
1x15 1x15 1x11 - 41 reps - Adding weight next time I do this

Pullups /bw\
1x5 1x5 1x5 - 15 reps - Still suck at these

Decline situps - 65 lb dumbbell
1x18 1x16 1x21 - 55 reps

I take off from dieting on Saturday - I eat bad but not a lot of calories (around 3000-4000)

Sunday is a mixed bag - sometimes I stay on diet, sometimes I don't - I need to have a mixed day for sanity reasons I've come to realize. There are always family gatherings and what not and Saturday is my day to hangout with friends.

Goal weight: Somewhere around 200lbs by the end of December. At that point I'll probably just be maintaining my weight while working on strength.

Long term? I need to see myself with 18lbs less to choose. Whatever looks best is where I'm going.

I've not done 1 rep max workouts yet - I want to get to a 500 lb deadlift in 6 months. I assess I'm somewhat close - may be strong enough - may not be.

Not gigantically huge improvements from my journal however I'm still pushing the heavy weights! Good to be back. Been meaning to do this for a long time. Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you notice a difference in energy levels during your workout eating lower carbs? I want to try something like that but I've heard your workouts suffer.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. My workouts don't suffer. Empty stomach or not as well - no substantial strength loss

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Quiksilver, good to see you too. :up:

Wednesday:

Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2x6 - 335lbs PR
Lat Pull Downs - 5x3 - 182.5 PR
Dumbell Shrugs - 3x8 80lbs
Pull Throughs - 3x8 187.5 PR

10 minutes high intense cardio

2x10 minute cardio low intensity

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see you back brotha, are your goals to get leaner?

Your diet could use a bit more work:

- Try and get in 5 meals/day. I think this is crucial to rev up your metabolic rate and always give your body good quality nutrients to recover and grow.

- Get rid of crap like turkey bacon, chicken sausages and other processed crap that human beings aren't meant to eat. Even ground beef isn't that good for you when you're trying to cut. I eat around a pound or more of red meat/day when I'm bulking, but you should seriously consider going to things like steak, chicken breasts and fish for your natural protein sources instead of what you're eating.

- Spread out your fish oil pills. I think you'll have way better absorption if you have 3-4 pills w/ every meal instead of just taking all 16 in one shot.

Hope this helps.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Fugly, long time no see. Hope you are doing great!

Yes I'm trying to get leaner. Goal by Dec. 23 - 202-205

Honestly, sometimes I eat 4 meals, sometimes 5. I do it for caloric reasons not because it supposedly boosts my metabolism. If I woke up at 6 a.m. in the morning, I'd do 5-6 meals but I generally wake up at 9 and work at 11.

So I eat at 10 - 1 - 5 - 8 - (sometimes I have a two full hardboiled eggs here at 10 with some carrots or something)

I generally never eat chicken sausages but the more natural ones taste good. Turkey bacon I enjoy and it helps me be able to choke down eggs and still enjoy them. It's a variation of the Get Shredded Diet by T-Nation
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...g_performance_diet_mass/the_get_shredded_diet

Screw fish - too expense
Screw steak - makes me want to barf
Screw chicken - I already eat it as my last meal

I love my red ground beef - especially in a stirfry with some Havatari cheese - yum.

You are absolutely right, these are great tips to optimize my diet.

If I could trust myself to take fish oil multiple times a day - I would - better off just taking the 8 pills with my one meal.

Weighed myself today - 217

In the past 5.5 months I've come down from 244 - Seems to be working - just not super fast.

Thanks for the help, will try to keep chicken sausage out of my diet for sure.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ProDJ26 said:
Welcome back arch rival

:up:
Thanks but I'm no ones rival. :up:

Surprised to still see you around here. Good for you man.

-----------

Weigh in on Saturday - 216lbs

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting rant: I'm still lifting, just not posting obviously. Did I mention I really really hate trying to lose weight. I've made very small progress.

I weigh 218. I know what I have to do yet it's been hard to follow and I've been using my weekends as "free-for-alls" and paying the price. So let this be a lesson to everyone, dieting isn't 5-days a week, it's 7 with one or two cheat meals. You can easily undo everything you've done.

So anyways I'll post up my diet for now. Still doing strength exercises - benching, deadlifting, squatting, but I've only made serious progress in benching. Deadlifting has stalled at 390 lbs for 2x5 and I've been doing 20rep squats around 200lbs. Benching however has gone up a lot more. My closegrip is now at 240lbs for 3x3. My widegrip is 180lbs for 3x10. Still doing a strength oriented workout for the most part.

I'm considering trying one of my older routines cause I'm bored to death of the one I'm on and there are certain exercises that I really hate doing because of what it does to my back. I've always had back pain, even as a kid but some exercises aren't worth the pain it puts me through. Military Standing Press and pull-throughs are my least favorite currently.

I've been getting in nearly 300 minutes of cardio in the last 2-3 weeks. Going to the gym 3 times a week as well.

Sample diet:

3 scoops of whey

apple

4 eggs, salad

3 scoops of whey ----- or chicken + veggies

Chicken + veggies.

During the day I take a multi-vitamin, and 6 fish oil pills, 2 green tea pills

Going to try to have more chicken + veggies and keep just one shake.

---------------

Mon - 60-70 minutes cardio on treadmill - 4incline, 2.3speed

Tues - 60-70 minutes cardio on treadmill - 4incline, 2.3speed --- Gym

Wed - 60-70 minutes cardio on treadmill - 4incline, 2.3speed

Thurs - Wed - 60-70 minutes cardio on treadmill - 4incline, 2.3speed --- Gym

Friday - 30 minutes cardio (leg day in the gym) --- Gym

Cardio will be done either during the day or night - split up

Saturday & Sunday - I want to start doing 30 minutes of cardio each of these days.

I'm running out of time before the summer. I want to be around 200lbs by the end of June. Let's hope I can stay the path.

I'm going to finish this journal! I'm so close to being exactly where I want to be, just one more push.

Hopefully next time I post, I'll have good news.