Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stallion's Fitness Journal

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah that wasn't the reason. You see, i started with my best friend. Who is extremely broke. And this one gym was like $10 a month, and you could invite a guest -making it five dollars when we split it.

I didn't want to abandon him and pursue my lifting by myself. hes my best friend :) But now we are in a new gym. So all is good haha

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about gym membership, I was talking about something that will aide your training exponentially. Something that when things start slowing down, which I imagine will be soon (just because of the stage you are at), will see you on your way.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
he's talking about an online personal trainer available at redpointfitness.com

its the guy who runs iron addicts who will coach you, I would use it if i had the cash

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IA will coach me?

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
him and his team will give u the program to suit your needs and answers any questions etc... 18 dollars a months sounds good to me!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, he is right:

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

I will be using this in the near future. It has EVERYTHING. Diet, training, form videos, supplements, etc...everything is spoon fed.

See more here:

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170

It isn't direct personal training, but you have IA and a few of his mod staff (who are very knowledgeable) at your disposal. All their knowledge is written into the software, and they are adding to it more and more as the days go by.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I read about it a month ago. I thought it would be more expensive. For the moment i am not going to jump the gun yet. I appreciate the links and advice Quag and Rampage. Right now my goal is to lose some bodyfat and gain muscle and strength. When I'm ready, i'll do it.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
MM...there are causes for these things you say. My problem may lie that i am not doing rows correctly. Although i've watched form videos awhile ago, i never had coaching on them. Plus that is the once excerise i have missed here and there for the first 4 months. Until i changed my times, i was missing rows on friday. Which probably set them back. a lot. Which is why there wasn't a large weight increase for the 6 months lifting.

For the chest...okay another problem was with DB press for a couple months. Once I hit 60lbs i couldn't go higher. So i just kept doing that every week for 2-3 months. Thats why I just joined a new gym with DB that go up to 150 lbs.

Alright, so the reasons for what you said, i know why they are lagging. I just joined this gym this week, and i always have a little extra time on Wednesday...so maybe i'll put DB press in again. (Dips should help overall too). I'll continue things as planned for the next couple months. If it doesn't work out and there is no improvement, i'll figure out another way.
Plenty of rows and pullups for your lats and middle back which are lagging.
Lots of presses (flat, incline) and wide weighted dips for your chest and front delts.

Good luck mate.

MM

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay i forgot to post this...

Friday - I don't really know whats up, but my strength for one reason or another has been sucking. Ever since i started adding a 50 minute walk (more intense then orginal with plenty of tough hills) around the time i wake up 11:00 a.m. and working out 8:00 p.m I can't lift as much. I am guessing there is def correlation between the two. Back when i Pr'ed 400 for 1x5 i only walked a much lower intense 30 minute walk. So it seems to me i have to avoid intense hill walking.

Deadlift - 3x5

1x4 F 385 lbs - at this point i realized if i did anymore I'd be sorry
1x5 - 360 lbs - difficult but i was able to manage
1x6 - 365 lbs - Was able to do an extra one...anymore weight would have been bad

Pullups 2x10 - I usually do these with assistance as i can only do about 4-5 without assistance. Usually a 25 lb negative helps me a lot. - First set was really good, I felt something pull in my left bi...after i finished at at negative 18 lbs (which is the best i've done for 10 reps.

Bicept curls 3x8 - at this point i couldn't lift 15 lbs with my left arm, but i found a solution by using a barbell, which it hurt for the first rep but once i got going i could lift fine

1x8 - 60 lbs
1x8 - 65 lbs
1x10 - 70 lbs

Rows 3x6 - I regressed in weight, i feel i was using my arms too much, and it wasn't a real row. And i changed the rep range a bit to work it a little harder for today

1x6 - 95 lbs
1x6 - 105 lbs
1x6 - 110 lbs

I probably could do a lot more but i am going to work hard on form first. we will see what happens next week.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday--

I woke up and in the mirror i am starting to see new things, its very exciting and funny cause i eat so much and I'm losing weight...8-10 weeks and i should have quite an improvement. Keeping this up is no problem

Lifting was sub-good monday...here are the results

Squats-

1x5 275 lbs
1x5 280 lbs
1x5 285 lbs - if i added any more weight i think i would have broke haha...not a PR...but not bad nonetheless, and i have been trying to go as low as freaking possible...which means i'm practically sitting. VERY HARD as i did not go this low before, i used to just break parallel a bit, but this is much more extreme...and i feel like maybe i really should push the limits. So not bad

Leg Press 1x15 - 385 lbs PR

Decline Situps 2x10
1x10 - 80 lbs PR
1x12 - 80 lbs ---will def add weight next week...who knows 90 possibly?

Pullthroughs 2x8 -hard to judge the weight, i just remember the number. "7" I'll check better next time

Good mornings-2x8

1x8 - 155 lbs
1x8 - 175 lbs

I feel like maybe i wasn't going low enough on these, so i gave them a little less weight and a lot lower. Sometimes you realize that your technique sucks..i am trying to correct myself

Calve raises 2x10 (holding ten seconds each) - 440 lbs - I still feel like i haven't conqured this perfectly...will wait to see if next week is better

So i would say it was a pretty damn good day, I realized that somethings i do can be perfected in technique. But thankfully the numbers are still high :up:

Going to buy a chain for dips and pullups as i am now able to do my body weight for the reps...well atleast on the dips

Till wednesday

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't wait to see your progress on weighted dips....

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...ohhhhhhhhhhhh man...not too happy today :eek:

Wednesday-

Incline bench - Last week i felt very pathetic at 180 lbs, i brought it back to 175 lbs, so i could hopefully do 5 reps

1x3 175 lbs ---i think i pretty much am done with this format...idk if its the walking in the morning but I am just not feeling as strong on the bench. Quag...so whats this other way you know? Cause i can tell you now, its not the diet as i stick to it everyday

1x7 - 146 lbs

OH PRESS 2x8-10

1x8 - 115 lbs PR
1x5 F & PR- 120 lbs

finished off with

1x4 115 lbs

A ten pound increase was pushing it lol but i am not dishappy with it

Dips 3x6
1x6 - negative 18lbs (as low as the machine goes)
1x6 - I tried unweighted dips and i couldn't keep my body straight, which concludes to me i am not ready for unweighted today...
1x13 negative 18 lbs - I did as many as humanly possible....i am hoping by next week i can do a set of dips without weight, and then (i alreadly ordered my dip belt) i can do weighted dips two weeks from now

Technically a PR but fvck it, i'm not happy till i can PR weighted dips, for now i am disappointed til next week

Skull crushers - A little progress here as i was able to do more weight than last couple weeks after the dips - i could def tell a strength increase here.

1x8 35 lbs
1x8 40 lbs

---till next time

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Quag...but i was going over a new routine with EFFORT, one he mentioned to you...so that looks to be the road I'd like to take. I'm getting sick of this routine. Been a little over a year on it. Westside barbell cycles and supersquats, then eventually DCing seems like a fun way to take things. Because i want to gain a good amount of mass too, along with strength.

Friday-

Well today was a decent day...not unhappy, but i have some new goals

Deadlift 3x5
1x5 385 lbs - I finally had my strength back today. Last week sucked...but today just kicked a$$
1x5 390 lbs - Very good i felt amazing, so amazing i felt it was time for a PR i just felt like maxing today...don't know why

1x1 430 lbs (RAW) - Okay...I failed, i was two three inches from locking out...i ALMOST HAD IT :box: :box: I know if i would have taken a little easier on the first two sets i would def would have gotten it...i will post the video up later. But i swear it was a damm good try! VIDEO WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW

Pullups 2x10 - still doing negatives...this time a only 20 lbs helping me do 10 reps

second set i got the ten, but once again my left bicept was torn from it (maybe i hurt it last week...or i am pushing it too hard?) It doesn't hurt now, but in the gym it was hard to do bicept curls again...not that i care that much about those though

Bicept curls 3x8 DUMBBELLS
1x8 - 30 lbs
1x8 - 30 lbs
1x11 -35 lbs ---anymore weight, and my left arm couldn't go up. it sucked cause i can usually do 40 or even 45

Rows 3x6 - working on technique here so a lower weight

1x6 - 115 lbs
1x6 - 120 lbs
1x8 - 125 lbs ---i feel like i was doing it right this time, although light...i will be able to do them correctly next time with no worries

Welll..no PR's but i still felt good in there. I think i could have had the DL PR...but i screwed it up. I'll put it up tomorrow. Stayed tuned

+Video now posted here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtZ9yoZR98

After further evaluation, i lost good form and i probably could of had it if i didn't give up too soon. I needed to get my a$$ down like i did on the 385 lb reps for more leg drive, and keep that back straight. DOH!

Last edited:

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MONDAY -

Box squats

1x3 245 lbs - very low...maybe too low haha
1x10 205 lbs - YOUCH!

BB Rows 4x6 - started light to do form correctly

1x6 - 95 lbs
1x6 - 115 lbs
1x6 - 135 lbs
1x6 - 145 lbs ---I made sure i did these with the best form possible, i could pretty much easily handle the weight, keep myself solid and back tight, and bring the bar to my upper abs. A lot of reps so i started light, will pick a higher weight next time

GHRs- 3 sets of max reps - wow...can't do a real one but i did the best i could till i couldn't do it anymore. Fun

Cardio - 15 minutes

Till Wednesday

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha the deadlift, I f***** loved it. Unlucky, but good attempt :D You'd have made it if you sniffed your ammonia like Benni :up:

Which routine is it you are going onto, is it a 3/4 day Westside? Any DE work?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
Haha the deadlift, I f***** loved it. Unlucky, but good attempt :D You'd have made it if you sniffed your ammonia like Benni :up:

Which routine is it you are going onto, is it a 3/4 day Westside? Any DE work?
Haha you know i think i could have had it quag...idk. After i watched it i laughed at myself :cool: Yeah i am doing 3 day westside now. DE? Not sure what that means haha